• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Enrollment / Swearing In Ceremony [MERGED]

L-CIS TECH said:
Weird question... Is it good or bad to get your head shaved before you go?

Hi,

May I suggest you read this thread (along with using the search function... but that is a detail), get lots of answers and pick the one you prefer...

http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13144.0.html

;)
Alea

L-CIS TECH said:
Are you military Alea?

No. I am not. Only in the process of joining like many others on this forum and if you read some of my posts, I'm sure you'll be able to appreciate my ignorance in the matter ;)

Alea

L-CIS TECH said:
Lol I see, have you got an offer yet?

Hi L...,

No I haven't and I think we are derailing this thread... if you need more info, don't hesitate to PM me :)

Alea

Congratulations Montrealer - I'm swearing in tomorrow at CFRC Ottawa.

I had my swearing in today at CFRC Ottawa. It was great - I am more excited to start my BMQ now than before. I report to Borden in twelve days.

@MGB  Tomorrow is mine at CFRC Calgary, then the whirlwind tour to get things moved, loaded, cleaned and un packed at storage plus to find a home for my vehicle for the next 3 months!! How long did your Swearing in take?

Hey AndyRad - Good luck tomorrow in Calgary! I was there from noon until 2:30... we were a group of thirteen split in two. The paperwork occupied most of the two and a half hours. I'd be surprised if you were there for as long! Let us know how it goes.

Getting excited!!!  Enrollment on Friday.  I can't believe it's here already, seems like just yesterday we still had 4 months to go!

Good shit guys!!! I was sworn in yesterday and I was the only one there at CFRC Regina to be sworn in lol. I got their at 10:00am and was gone by 11:00am it was short and sweet  ;D. You got to be love be an official member on unpaid leave lol

SixFishSticks said:
You got to be love be an official member on unpaid leave lol

Maybe you should read up on "unpaid leave" or LWOP.  There are some serious ramifications that you may want to know about, as you come to the end of your career.

How can there be serious ramifications if I'm on unpaid leave for 12 days from when i get sworn in the CF till the time I begin my BASIC training... and I did a search on here and neither of those things came up

I'm not an expert but from what I understand 12 days on LWOP is 12 days extra you have to work befor you are elligible for your pension. But someone with more experience/knowledge please advise. sicksfish, you're the guy that started the facebook group for us right? I get sworn in 8 and a half hours...CAN'T SLEEP!!!TOO EXCITED!!!! Anyways, I'll see you in Borden sixfish. We will show them how us prarie boys get it done....I hope there aren't any hills though.I'm used to flat Manitoba running!!!LOL. Take care and I'll see you guys in 10 days.

-BARBARIAN ;D

Regarding the pension... I signed a form authorizing them to deduct pension contributions for my LWOP from my first pay. This is supposed to negate the larger issues.

George - by doing this am I saving myself that trouble later?

MGB said:
Regarding the pension... I signed a form authorizing them to deduct pension contributions for my LWOP from my first pay. This is supposed to negate the larger issues.

George - by doing this am I saving myself that trouble later?

Interesting question and one that I don't know an answer to.  In the past, your pension would be affected by those days LWOP, as they would knock a full year off your pension calculation, which amounted to 2%.  If what they have done for you is true, that may change that policy.  I do have some questions on this, as your pension should be calculated on wages earned, not time served, namely unpaid time.

Something for someone who is a "financial wiz" in CF policies to answer.

Back