• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO 2013 financial year

Guys, so you're saying Feb 27 is when the board will sit down and nomite which pilot applicants (and other trades) to send offers to? Is this info good? Is this in reference to DEO or ROTP? I was under the impression that DEO pilot spots were pretty much filled for this year. Have they opened up more? Any info here will be appreciated. Thanks.

Call your RC

I just got off the phone with my MCC and file manager. I am going back into my RC monday  to do an update interview to add HCA (health care admin officer) to my file. I also have to do this new test for 2013. It's called TSD and is kind of a personality profile I guess.

I confirmed that the selection date for Logistics officer is Feb 27th, 2013 - 28 spots. HCA is same day and 4 spots.

I read somewhere else that infantry, MARS and pilot are same day as well. But I did not get that first hand - so call and find out.

Also - if you are already merit listed - ask about this new TSD so you can get it done before the 27th of Feb.

Mike

Thanks seawolf. No, I am not yet merit listed. So I have to focus on that first and take it from there. I am just trying to keep up to date on any news in the mean time. Cheers.

Some general information about TSD
http://www.internationalmta.org/Documents/2006/2006045T.pdf

SentryMAn said:
Waiting for fiscal 2013, DEO-LogO with prior service.
I've been through the game and know what to expect.
I'm hoping to avoid doing Basic again, but if I do it will be acceptable part of the career choice. In fact I'd rather do the 15 weeks of Basic then the 7hr Log test.  lol
what is 7hr Log test ?

on your Ph3 course in Borden LOCC(Logistic Officer Common Course) you complete a full day exam(7hrs).  It is hateful and very demanding but so long as you study and get through it the first try you won't have to re-write it.

I have heard that the course has changed since this testing and it may be different now.  I just hope I don't have to re-do this course if/when I get back in.

Gunshark said:
Thanks seawolf. No, I am not yet merit listed. So I have to focus on that first and take it from there. I am just trying to keep up to date on any news in the mean time. Cheers.
I am not yet merit listed too.Almost 6 weeks left before selection starts.No idea if I can be in time- I need to do medical test and interview.
Medical for people over 40 can take 1-2 weeks extra- doing medical tests and cardiogram.

Hey everyone! In the process of applying for DEO infantry officer. I have completed everything except in the application process except the interview and TSE. Hopefully I can find out the numbers of available positions for those interested in the infantry officer position and I can also ask any questions anyone on here may have, just post them! Stay tuned and good luck all!

Definitely one of my first questions. Sorry, should have mentioned the interview is next Mon., so I'll update right after.

From what I've heard, there are over 50 INF positions, with the first selection round coming at the end ob Feb.

Good luck.

Hi All,

I am new to this site and I am wondering if anyone could help me out. I applied for Reg force DEO in Oct 2012. I am still in the initial stages of applying and have yet to do the interview, medical, aptitude test etc. I would be interested to hear how long the entire process took until you were offered a position.

Any help would be great.

RMBUTYNIEC you mean for NCM not for officer isnt'it? It sounds a lot if it's for DEO infantry officer.

Hello NLockhart ,
About timing please have  a look here  http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/108575.0/topicseen.html
We are all here in process and nobody knows how will be your process.
If you applied online please wait till your file will be in your local CFRC.And somebody can call you after that from  your CFRC. If you applied in your local CFRC and didn't hear long time just call them to update information.
What is your trade?
NLockhart said:
Hi All,

I am new to this site and I am wondering if anyone could help me out. I applied for Reg force DEO in Oct 2012. I am still in the initial stages of applying and have yet to do the interview, medical, aptitude test etc. I would be interested to hear how long the entire process took until you were offered a position.

Any help would be great.

Just finished my interview today. According to the recuiter as of today there are 48 DEO Infantry Officer positions available. He wasn't sure when the next BMOQ would take place but that it would definitely be before August. Also asked and it's National Selection. Had a great time finally finishing the application process after 2 years and hope the rest of you hear something soon!

Tomorrow morning I have my TSD test then in the afternoon I have my interview for Inf O and Log O. I hope the wait will not be too long after!!

Sorry, TSD** my bad and yessir I did. It was interesting seeing how that's going to be replacing the personality questions part of the interview. Apparently it doesn't count towards my application because its been completed for a while and was just interviewing for a different position. But everyone applying after Jan. 1 will be taking it.

Personally, don't think it's as accurate as the questions they ask throughout the interview but it does take out the possibility of any interviewer bias, which isn't a bad thing.

Back