• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO 2013 financial year

secondchance

Inactive
Reaction score
It looks like people who are going to BMOQ ,January 2013 already got job offers.
And next BMOQ will be in new 2013 financial year .There is not information about BMOQ after January, 2013.
http://www.cflrs.forces.gc.ca/menu/cfc-ecc/dc-cd/index-eng.asp
But usually there were some BMOQ for students.And next BMOQ for DEO can be August/September 2013.Just guessing.
But who knows .
Let's communicate here everybody who is in DEO process-  going to apply,just applied, waiting for CFAT,medical ,interview or merit listed.
Let's share news or movements in our application process.
Myself- applied in July,2012.Waiting for previous service verification ( I was in CF in 2011).
CFAT was done in 2011.Waiting for medical/interview. LOG AIR and AERO

I'm waiting for next fiscal more than likely.

DEO LogO - I'm merited - just waiting.

I'm no authority on this topic, but based purely on my observation of the CFLRS website over the past few years, BMOQ classes have commenced during the following months -

1. January;
2. April - May;
3. August - September.

Yes.You are right - usually 3 times per year.But BMOQ for April - May usually for students RMC. Therefore next DEO  BMOQ after January 2013 can be only in August- September 2013.But who knows ,may be they can do something else...

seawolf said:
I'm waiting for next fiscal more than likely.

DEO LogO - I'm merited - just waiting.
Welcome to club Seawolf.Let's wait together  :)
How is fitnes preparation?

secondchance said:
Yes.You are right - usually 3 times per year.But BMOQ for April - May usually for students RMC. Therefore next DEO  BMOQ after January 2013 can be only in August- September 2013.But who knows ,may be they can do something else...

I know a person who was in the April 30th BMOQ class this year. This person has joined the CF as a DEO Pilot.

PS - if I remember correctly, they had RMC specific platoons running at that time as well. (A staff at the RC had told me this).

my fitness regime could be better...lol

so hard to get motivated with such a long wait. lol

seawolf said:
my fitness regime could be better...lol

so hard to get motivated with such a long wait. lol
Yes,
I can understund what you are talking about.But my motivation is doing fitness is quiet simple:
"Any case if you get job offer or not fitness can help for being in good shape and health condition."
I am not young and doing sport is big benefit for me.
I am trying to do minimum and some time extra activities.
My minimum is :
1.Running  ( 2-3 times per week).
I  started to run from 500 metres. Now my minimum is 8 km.Sometime I can run 12 km.But 8 km it is minimum.But speed is not perfect- about 9 km per hour.
2. Of course - push ups and sit ups. According fitness demanding of Canadian Force for my age ( over 35) in 2 times.
It means for push ups 14x2=28 as minimum. I recommend to be ready doing in 2 times more.
With sit ups - I am trying to do as much as possible  in 1 minutes.Time here is issue.
For improving  push ups and sit ups I recommend to use next websites:
http://hundredpushups.com/
http://www.twohundredsitups.com/
or any iOS or Android apps if you are owner of smartphone.

Stacked said:
Just pulling that out of your *** eh.

I'll try to answer this in the most professional and polite manner -

As stated in my earlier posts in this thread, the months that I quoted were purely based on my observation of the CFLRS website over the past five years. (Plus clarification from staff from the RC).

Am I an authority about this topic - NO, and I never claimed to be;
Am I in the CF - NO, and I never claimed to be;
Am I even remotely connected with recruiting except as an applicant myself - NO, and I never claimed to be.

Anyway, I find your comment downright rude and unbecoming of a person employed in such as esteemed organization.

You asked, so I have answered. I will have no further discussion with you.

Allgunzblazing said:
I'll try to answer this in the most professional and polite manner -

As stated in my earlier posts in this thread, the months that I quoted were purely based on my observation of the CFLRS website over the past five years. (Plus clarification from staff from the RC).

Am I an authority about this topic - NO, and I never claimed to be;
Am I in the CF - NO, and I never claimed to be;
Am I even remotely connected with recruiting except as an applicant myself - NO, and I never claimed to be.

Anyway, I find your comment downright rude and unbecoming of a person employed in such as esteemed organization.

You asked, so I have answered. I will have no further discussion with you.

You have skin thinner than my great grandmother.

It's better to give no info rather than idle speculation.

Take a deep breath and move on.

Milnet.ca Staff

Point taken, however I wasen't speculating - I only stated what I had noticed so far on the CFLRS website.

As for being sensitive - I don't think I was, I just answered a question in a polite and professional manner. That same question could have been asked properly.

stacked, asked me the source of my info, or he implied this when he wrote - "Just pulling that out of your *** eh". My responce to that was exactly what I've writen in the first sentence of this post. This is a trend that I have noticed over the past five years and when I asked the staff at the RC, they too told me that generally speaking DEO classses begin in January, April - May and August September.

Guys,
could you please stop to argue.
I created this topic for guys and girls who are going or in process of DEO for 2013.
I just asked people to join our topic to share and encourage each other.But not argue.
Thanks.
:salute:

I am in the DEO process as well. I applied for Engineer Officer. I am already Merit Listed; waiting for the call.

KingofKeys said:
I am in the DEO process as well. I applied for Engineer Officer. I am already Merit Listed; waiting for the call.
Welcome to club , KingofKeys.
You can read my fitness motivation post.If you have any comments about it or another - feel free to write.

Stacked - I don't get your issue?

It's pretty clear to anyone applying DEO and watching the cflrs website that DEO 15 week BMOQ is run around but not usually in the summer. The summer seems to be the 11 week version for ROTP.

Could DEO be run in the summer too? Sure if demand is high I guess. But it's not.

Unlike NCM where they hire 100 RMS clerks - there was 9 LogO spots, 4 HCA and single digits of the other trades I looked at as well. They simply don't need to run BMOQ's all the time.

I don't think he was out of line stating what he observed. I have observed the same thing over the last 2 years.

Waiting for fiscal 2013, DEO-LogO with prior service.
I've been through the game and know what to expect.

I'm hoping to avoid doing Basic again, but if I do it will be acceptable part of the career choice. In fact I'd rather do the 15 weeks of Basic then the 7hr Log test.  lol

Allguns. if you really think he was out of line, pray you are part of a Hollywood platoon of Air force Personnel when you arrive at Basic.  It's not puppies and rainbows and you will break down if you don't toughen that skin a bit.  But it will also be one of the most fond memories you have to date, you'll make some long term friends and networking with others you just can't get anywhere else.

SecondChance, Work on the English/French, Grammar etc it's all part of the testing(not being mean just knowing your first language isn't English)  we had a few guys on course that couldn't do it since our staff were French and had accents. 

Take all this with a grain of salt, I've been through the process before, waited over a year to get in.  I'm not in the CF any longer but hope to be in the next year.

Good luck to you all.

Hello,

There's no point in straying this thread off topic with needless banter. If anyone thinks that I spoke out of line/ was super sensitive or anything else, please send me a PM. I'll be happy to explain myself.

Cheers.

Allgunzblazing said:
Hello,

There's no point in straying this thread off topic with needless banter. If anyone thinks that I spoke out of line/ was super sensitive or anything else, please send me a PM. I'll be happy to explain myself.

Cheers.
There's no point in straying this thread off topic. Exactly.

SentryMAn said:
SecondChance, Work on the English/French, Grammar etc it's all part of the testing(not being mean just knowing your first language isn't English)  we had a few guys on course that couldn't do it since our staff were French and had accents. 
What 's wrong with my English?
Yes, I am not born Canadian and English is not my mother language.
I was in St-Jean  ( BMOQ 2011 ) and I didn't have any problems with  my English.

Back