• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO 2013 financial year

Hannibal_Barca said:
Tomorrow morning I have my TSD test then in the afternoon I have my interview for Inf O and Log O. I hope the wait will not be too long after!!
Till February, 27,2013 - selection day.

Just wondering if anyone knows how many positions are open for pilot for this FY. Any other Pilot DEO's out there?

NLockhart said:
Just wondering if anyone knows how many positions are open for pilot for this FY. Any other Pilot DEO's out there?

Last I heard, around 70 DEO Pilot spots projected for the next FY (which begins on Apr 1), with the first Selection Board on Feb 27.

Is anybody applied  or going to apply for  DEO AERE ?
No idea also how many positions are open for DEO AERE.But I am sure we can get information after April, 1,2013 for sure.

NLockhart said:

I was told by another recruiter that there were 96 spots for DEO this year. The numbers always seem to vary but I know last year it was around 70-80 so I assume that this year will be similar since they are projecting similar numbers as last year when I first submitted my application. I am a DEO candidate and if you have any questions feel free to message me.

Probably a stupid question, but what are the odds of finding out on Feb. 27th? or would it be more realistic to be calling in on the 28th?

nelliott86 said:
Probably a stupid question, but what are the odds of finding out on Feb. 27th? or would it be more realistic to be calling in on the 28th?

If you're merit listed, you are probably in a good spot to be offerred a job. But it will probably take at least a week or longer to hear results. I wouldn't expect these news the day of, or the day after.

newbie questions incoming:  What does it mean to be "merit listed" and what is the significance of these "selection dates"?  Does it mean that if I don't get the DEO application process rolling soon, I will have a long time to wait until the next dates?

umdforces said:
What does it mean to be "merit listed" and what is the significance of these "selection dates"?  Does it mean that if I don't get the DEO application process rolling soon, I will have a long time to wait until the next dates?

It means that you have completed the CFAT, Medical, Interview and all the other paperwork/processing.  If any of these have not been done, your file will not be ready for merit listing and if it is not ready to be merit listed, you can forget about the selection dates because they won't apply seeing as your file is not complete.

pa471856 said:
I was told by another recruiter that there were 96 spots for DEO this year. The numbers always seem to vary but I know last year it was around 70-80 so I assume that this year will be similar since they are projecting similar numbers as last year when I first submitted my application. I am a DEO candidate and if you have any questions feel free to message me.

Do you know when the next aircrew selection is? Are they scheduled beforehand or is it more based on demand. I just need aircrew to be merit listed and wondering if there is any chance I will get it done by feb 27

nelliott86 said:
Just finished my interview today. According to the recuiter as of today there are 48 DEO Infantry Officer positions available. He wasn't sure when the next BMOQ would take place but that it would definitely be before August. Also asked and it's National Selection. Had a great time finally finishing the application process after 2 years and hope the rest of you hear something soon!

How things change - When I applied it was still being done locally (DEO Infantry at least). 48 does sound like a very high number however - My Basic course consisted of about 8-10 Inf O's and even by the end of IODP 1.2 we had about 35-40 Reg F Inf O's. This would include all the holdbacks in the training system, Reservists switching to Reg, etc.  The Battalions are filled with Inf O's at the moment, my own included. I wonder where they all go (shrugs).

I know. I wouldn't have believed the number myself if I hadn't seen it on his computer screen. Makes me happy though if my odds have increased. Been waiting for this for a while (2 years) and cannot wait to get started. I'm thinking most Inf O's aren't platoon commanders but that maybe there are a lot of personnel admin, intelligence and training positions they eventually get put into, as those are what are listed in the forces.ca description. Yet, that's just me surmising. I'm sure you're in a better position to say.

Can anyone give a number of the attrition rate for Inf O's?  I think that of 40-50 selected and starting basic that maybe less then half continue on and complete trade training.

I know that my  basic back in 2009 we had 8 Inf O's on course and only 3 made it to be fully Qualified.  2 made Cpt this year.

nelliott86 said:
I know. I wouldn't have believed the number myself if I hadn't seen it on his computer screen. Makes me happy though if my odds have increased. Been waiting for this for a while (2 years) and cannot wait to get started. I'm thinking most Inf O's aren't platoon commanders but that maybe there are a lot of personnel admin, intelligence and training positions they eventually get put into, as those are what are listed in the forces.ca description. Yet, that's just me surmising. I'm sure you're in a better position to say.

All 35ish of us were posted directly to Battalions, somewhere between a third to half became Pl Comds almost immediately while the rest took up Administrative positions . All were within the Battalion however and I was informed by the CO that the plan was to shift back to keeping PL Comd in their positions for 2 years minimum. This creates an interesting question - where will the 40ish new Officers go? Must be a higher attrition rate once qualified. I'd be curious to see those numbers as well.

I'm sure it makes sense somehow - I'm just not seeing it at the moment.  I am definitely aware of how many INF O candidates are still currently making their way through the training system as we speak.

I was surprised to see a solid figure for Inf O's up here.

I have been merit listed for MARS since early January and my RC has only been able to tell me that there is a selection process at the end of February (without a specific date) and that the dates for BMOQ will be posted within the next few weeks on the CFLRS website.

Are there any other MARS candidates that have been given any additional information? Are there any other MARS candidates following this thread?

I would really like to know how many MARS candidates they will be taking in. If they are taking 48 Inf O's how much room is left (i.e.: does anyone have an idea for capacity during BMOQ)?

Thanks

SKBD said:
I was surprised to see a solid figure for Inf O's up here.

I have been merit listed for MARS since early January and my RC has only been able to tell me that there is a selection process at the end of February (without a specific date) and that the dates for BMOQ will be posted within the next few weeks on the CFLRS website.

Are there any other MARS candidates that have been given any additional information? Are there any other MARS candidates following this thread?

I would really like to know how many MARS candidates they will be taking in. If they are taking 48 Inf O's how much room is left (i.e.: does anyone have an idea for capacity during BMOQ)?

Thanks

Standard capacity was around 40 Officer Cadets per Platoon on BMOQ - but I wouldn't worry too much about the numbers, as they can always run more then one course. I've seen as many as 4 courses run simultaneously, not to mention they may stagger them out over the year.

Greetings All,

This is my first post...so I don't even know if this message will be posted. In regards to the DEO MARS position. I have currently finished all my online application and sent in my documentation. North Bay has confirmed they have received all my documentation. I have just a few questions to those who know the answers.

1. How long does it take for North Bay to process your application as to allow the Medical, CFAT, interview etc... to take place?
2. Is there a chance for me to start BMOQ in the summer or is that dreaming?
3. Are they hiring DEO MARS for this year? if yes, what are the chances of a DEO candidate being successful and how many usually are hired?

Any information on this topic would be appreciated,

Regards,

M

reganm said:
Greetings All,

This is my first post...so I don't even know if this message will be posted. In regards to the DEO MARS position. I have currently finished all my online application and sent in my documentation. North Bay has confirmed they have received all my documentation. I have just a few questions to those who know the answers.

1. How long does it take for North Bay to process your application as to allow the Medical, CFAT, interview etc... to take place?
2. Is there a chance for me to start BMOQ in the summer or is that dreaming?
3. Are they hiring DEO MARS for this year? if yes, what are the chances of a DEO candidate being successful and how many usually are hired?

Any information on this topic would be appreciated,

1.  They will process it as fast as they can
2.  Probably not because I hear that DEO MARS selections are scheduled for 27 Feb which doesn't leave you enough time to complete the processing (ie; CFAT, Medical, Interview, etc)
3.  Yes, they are hiring.  Your chances are in your hands and how you fair (CFAT, Medical, Interview, etc)

DAA said:
I hear that DEO MARS selections are scheduled for 27 Feb which doesn't leave you enough time to complete the processing (ie; CFAT, Medical, Interview, etc)
Are there any  DEO selections after 27 Feb and before summer BMOQ?Or this information can be availible after 1st April  2013?
P.S. I am still surprised about this February selection- nobody expected.

secondchance said:
Are there any  DEO selections after 27 Feb and before summer BMOQ?Or this information can be availible after 1st April  2013?
P.S. I am still surprised about this February selection- nobody expected.

Here is something to think about and it isn't rocket science as far as I am concerned!  If the CF, or any other employer, has positions to fill starting on 1 Apr 13, would you not think they should have people "ready" to fill those positions on 1 Apr 13?  As opposed to waiting to start the application/screening/testing/medical processing thing before hand, given the time it takes to complete all these steps?

So as far as what recruiters tell applicants about "applying" or "reapplying" in Mar or Apr, I shall keep my foul mouth comments and thoughts to myself.

As far as selections beyond that Feb date.  I am sure there will be some more.  Why pick from what you have on hand, when there maybe something more promising down the road.

Back