• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

DEO 2013 financial year

It wasn't meant as a bad thing, your English is quite good but I could tell from your first post that English isn't your mother tongue.  My mother tongue is English and I had a hard time with some of the instructors during BMOQ. 

Remember it wasn't meant as an "attack" on you or anything, just a suggestion and nothing more.  If you feel your English is great perhaps learn French or an Arabic language(provided neither is your mother tongue.

I'm working on my French since I think it will make me a better candidate.  But man it is hard to learn the older I get, lol

SentryMAn said:
It wasn't meant as a bad thing, your English is quite good but I could tell from your first post that English isn't your mother tongue.  My mother tongue is English and I had a hard time with some of the instructors during BMOQ. 

Remember it wasn't meant as an "attack" on you or anything, just a suggestion and nothing more.  If you feel your English is great perhaps learn French or an Arabic language(provided neither is your mother tongue.

I'm working on my French since I think it will make me a better candidate.  But man it is hard to learn the older I get, lol
Yes,
some of our instructors had French accent (Platoon was English).But I could speak French cause I live in Quebec and they were surprised why I was in English Platoon. :)
Both of English and French are not my mother languages, but English is much easy to learn.
Improving languages is good idea.

I applied as an OUTCAN in December 2011.

Finished my medical, CFAT, and interview all by November 2012.

Merit listed for Infantry Officer on Nov 7, 2012.

Looks like I'm waiting till the new year with the rest of you.

RMBUTYNIEC said:
I applied as an OUTCAN in December 2011.

Finished my medical, CFAT, and interview all by November 2012.

Merit listed for Infantry Officer on Nov 7, 2012.

Looks like I'm waiting till the new year with the rest of you.
Welcome to club
:)
OUTCAN means from here http://www.outcan.forces.gc.ca/sites/page-eng.asp?page=6894  ?
I never heard about this program before

Today I visited my CFRC.
File is not closed but on hold because trades are closed. They asked to contact them in March, 2013.
They can not move forward (medical/interview) till they can get information about trades for 2013.
I just asked clerk if my application can be ready before selection board  - usually on summer.
But she told me no selection boards any more as it was before.
No idea how it will work .If you know more please give us to know...

Happy holidays for all.
CFRC starts to work January, 7,2013
:gottree: :snowman: :gottree:

secondchance said:
Yes,
I can understund what you are talking about.But my motivation is doing fitness is quiet simple:
"Any case if you get job offer or not fitness can help for being in good shape and health condition."
I am not young and doing sport is big benefit for me.
I am trying to do minimum and some time extra activities.
My minimum is :
1.Running  ( 2-3 times per week).
I  started to run from 500 metres. Now my minimum is 8 km.Sometime I can run 12 km.But 8 km it is minimum.But speed is not perfect- about 9 km per hour.
2. Of course - push ups and sit ups. According fitness demanding of Canadian Force for my age ( over 35) in 2 times.
It means for push ups 14x2=28 as minimum. I recommend to be ready doing in 2 times more.
With sit ups - I am trying to do as much as possible  in 1 minutes.Time here is issue.
For improving  push ups and sit ups I recommend to use next websites:
http://hundredpushups.com/
http://www.twohundredsitups.com/
or any iOS or Android apps if you are owner of smartphone.

Hi Secondchance,

I just wanted to share my fitness regime, and had a few questions. Thanks for sharing those websites by the way. I have been reviewing the push ups one and I like it. Mind you, I'm not sure I could implement the plan right now. My personal trainer (PT) says I can do the push ups every day now if I want but still to maintain my regular days of rest. On my days of rest though I can do other activities just no strength training back to back to allow my muscles recovery time.
I have noticed, because I was over training at one point in time, that I was not able to increase my weights for a few months. I can now though with days of rest implemented. It's also helping with my push up performance. I find the military style push up very difficult to perform.

I run three times a week. My running coach is a firm believer that running a minimum of 3x per week helps to prevent injury.
I was running between 5 to 7km, 3x per week and probably a pace around 7 to 8 mins per km. I was enjoying it. I was doing sets of ten minutes on, and one minute off(walk), but graduated in September 2012 at the Ottawa Army Run. Huge milestone as I had started to learn to run November 2012. Now that my endurance has built up, it's time to work on speed for the CF shuttle run, and to be able to complete 2.4km in my CF required time. Now my running routine has changed. Twice a week I am doing intervals.
Warm up, then 30 seconds as fast as I can and 90 seconds slow. I repeat this 8x and then cool down.
Warm up, then 60 seconds fast as I can, and 60 seconds slow. I repeat this 8x and then cool down. (I find this run much more difficult to make it to the 60 seconds but do see progress each time)
These runs are shorter than my normal 5 to 7km runs I was doing but I do a long run once a week that still ranges between the 5 to 7km. The pace is picking up slowly.
I have completed about 6-5km races. My first one was done in -30 weather in January 2012. I had snow covered eyelashes by the time I was finished. Like I said my pace is pretty slack, and my PB is 5km in about 35mins.

I do strength train, three times a week. A program developed by my personal trainer according to my CF physical requirements.

Do you, or have you. seen a personal trainer to help develop you a program to meet the CF physical requirements?
There are other exercises to build the muscles to complete the push ups, sits ups, etc. I see my PT once a week, sometimes less, sometimes more, depending on my motivation level but always complete my three times a week. Normally twice on my own. I have been doing this for over a year.
I do some other classes at the moment, spin class once a week, and a kettlebells once a week. In in the winter I try swim at least once a week. Doing a 1km swim.
In the summer time I bike.
I hope to get in some snowshoeing and cross country ski'ing this winter but might be difficult with no car to get me there.

Keep up the great work. Any physical training is better than none. Regardless of how long it will take to get IN to the CF. My physical training is the one thing I am the most routine with. It's some other emotional issues I find that get in the way of staying optimistic that my time will come when I am sworn in.

Determined said:
Do you, or have you. seen a personal trainer to help develop you a program to meet the CF physical requirements?
No,I am doing my fitness by my own way. PSP staff who are in charge  for fitness in CFLRS and whole Canadian Forces  gave us very good instructions and I use it now.
P.S. It's good idea to see a personal trainer who can help you develop you .

THERE ARE BMOQS FOR DEO IN 2013 ON:
JANUARY 7TH
MAY
AUGUST

There WILL also be ROTP BMOQs at the same time! Those ones are for sure happening! The May BMOQ is the first intake of new DEO officers for the 2013-2014 fiscal year. The May BMOQ is happening!!

If you want anymore information in regards to the DEO process feel free to ask me as I just went through it and I will be on the May BMOQ. (I'm at CFLRS and have to heal as I had surgery on my back and wont be ready for the January 7th date and have to wait for the next intake of people, which is MAY!

Yes, I applied while I was living in the UK.

I'm merit listed, and for all intents and purposes, have been told that I will be on the next DEO Infantry intake.

Good luck to you all, it was a long process for me (one year) - but very worth it.

carolynv11 said:
THERE ARE BMOQS FOR DEO IN 2013 ON:
JANUARY 7TH
MAY
AUGUST

There WILL also be ROTP BMOQs at the same time! Those ones are for sure happening! The May BMOQ is the first intake of new DEO officers for the 2013-2014 fiscal year. The May BMOQ is happening!!

If you want anymore information in regards to the DEO process feel free to ask me as I just went through it and I will be on the May BMOQ. (I'm at CFLRS and have to heal as I had surgery on my back and wont be ready for the January 7th date and have to wait for the next intake of people, which is MAY!
Thank you carolynv11 for your desire to help with information and all the best in your healing.
Do you know if there is whole platoon for DEO or just a few DEO spots for May BMOQ?

RMBUTYNIEC said:
Yes, I applied while I was living in the UK.

I'm merit listed, and for all intents and purposes, have been told that I will be on the next DEO Infantry intake.

Good luck to you all, it was a long process for me (one year) - but very worth it.
Ah, thanks for explanation.Good luck in process too. :salute:
One year is not long for DEO.  :)

New 2013 brings some news.

Some people were required to write the Trait Self-Descriptive (TSD) portion of the aptitude test. There is no studying required for this test and it should only take about 30 mins.
Next DEO selection for infantry, pilot, MARS and LOG  can be  February, 27, 2013.
If you have additional information or may be this information is not correct, please give me to know.
Good luck to all who are in process.

secondchance said:
New 2013 brings some news.

Next DEO selection for infantry, pilot, MARS and LOG  can be  February, 27, 2013.

How and where did you get this information? Would be nice to know this, but my CFRC couldn't give me this information.

Thanks,

PA

pa471856 said:
How and where did you get this information? Would be nice to know this, but my CFRC couldn't give me this information.
Thanks,
PA
This information from people who contacted their local CFRC this week.And file managers of their files told them about.
Did you contact your local CFRC this week ?

Yes I spoke with them on Monday, however I didn't inquire specifically about next selection. They still do not have the results of my air factor unfortunately so hopefully that will come in long before Feb. 27th if that is the next selection day. Thanks for the heads up!

pa471856 said:
Yes I spoke with them on Monday, however I didn't inquire specifically about next selection. They still do not have the results of my air factor unfortunately so hopefully that will come in long before Feb. 27th if that is the next selection day. Thanks for the heads up!
In my opinion you should ask them when you complete all your steps.
Now you need to wait the results of your air factor.

secondchance said:
In my opinion you should ask them when you complete all your steps.
Now you need to wait the results of my air factor.

Not too sure what you mean here secondchance? Why would I need to wait for your air factor?

Here are the steps that I have completed:

1) CFAT
2) Basic Medical
3) Interview
4) Pilot Eye Exam
5) ASC
6) DRDC Medical

I am awaiting my air factor to be signed and merit listed for DEO Pilot. I attended DRDC at the end of November so it has been a long wait. I am hoping that everything is all good to go for a February selection. I have heard of some guys having to get additional tests done, so if that is my case I hope I hear sooner or later so that I could still be cleared for the end of February if they have a pilot selection then.

pa471856 said:
Not too sure what you mean here secondchance? Why would I need to wait for your air factor?
Sorry for mistake.Of course your air factor :)

Back