• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C7A2

Which weapon do you prefer?

• C7A1

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • C7A2

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • C8

Votes: 19 52.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
checked around BN for ya. Ever'body still has the snag-o-matic. Forgot why I was doing it, though. Thanks for reminding me.

The Snag-O-matic and the Drop-the-Mag are parts to the C7A2 (and all A2) weapon series.
All units issued them (conventional) are required to use them.

Of course they suck - this is what happens when you let a non enduser implement end user requirments...

Infidel-6 said:
The Snag-O-matic and the Drop-the-Mag are parts to the C7A2 (and all A2) weapon series.
All units issued them (conventional) are required to use them.

Of course they suck - this is what happens when you let a non enduser implement end user requirments...

LOL. Oh well, I'll have to live with it I guess. I take sick satisfaction in knowing that eventually even Ceremonial Guard will have them, and that Parliament Hill, Elgin, Wellington, and Laurier streets will be littered with 30 round mags during the summers from much botching of present arms, and change arms on the march.  >:D Maybe then someone at the puzzle palace will have a change of heart.

I'll go back to sucking my militia thumb and cynically quoting Tennyson... "Ours not to make reply, ours not to reason why" and so on and so forth.

The idea is that left handed users use them and you leave the righty's alone -- of course only units with half a brain or more do that.
  So short of SOF units you will not see it or so I hear, and you dont get to see those units much anyway...

Orrrrrrrrrrrr
you could make nice with someone back home prior to going and aquire one made from parts.   ^-^  I'd never do that as what the CF provides it fighting men is beyond reproach.  Just saying... >:D

Infidel-6 said:
The idea is that left handed users use them and you leave the righty's alone -- of course only units with half a brain or more do that.
  So short of SOF units you will not see it or so I hear, and you dont get to see those units much anyway...

I can see it now...

"In light of concerns regarding the ease of use of discarded right-handed weapons by left handed soldiers due to casualties, equipment failures, etc., all weapons will be thus modified."

Actually, now that I think of it, is there a specific department within the CF I could apply to years down the road where I can apply my talent for creating such BS? There's gotta be some half dozen people with a cushy desk job justifying stupidity...

My Take on it -- DLR and Soldier System would be proven stupid in public if they reversed themselves...
  So the troops suffer and curse DLR in private (or public forums  ;))

A Maj from my unit works DLR, so I'm gonna maintain a diplomatic silence, LOL.

I can't talk down on the guy though... Because of him I got to play with an EOTech, AN/PAS-13B, and put more rounds downrange in about twenty minutes than I'd put down in the past year or two... You know how special and rare even three or four mags of ammo is to a reservist- imagine getting to dump 15.  :eek:

So, if someone would be willing to enlighten me, what's the process that units (By which I mean regs) follow when a piece of kit is issued that really doesn't cut it? If the issues with the A2 were to be resolved, how would it happen? I gather that a UCR would be submitted, but what happens after that? No more than the necessary minimum of sarcasm and irony, please. ;)

UCR's are submitted and in theory actioned by DLR -- or an approved command will authorise a unit to do what it wishes to do so.
  - the similar process is for a unti that wants to paint its weapons in combat.

The 15 mag dumps are the reason we get stupid things like a 2" drop on the M203A1 and the C8SFW's heavier than necessary barrel.  My "guess" is DLR 5-5 and the LCMM SA "may" be a bit more effective if they had any actual combat experience.

The LCMM SA lied straight faced to the TF1-06  Battle Group when he said the reason they don't have the KAC RAS is that it overheats the weapons (in average it give 20% more rounds before the weapon reaches its cook off temp...) 
  Sadly this is what happens when the Tail wags the dog and 'specs' its fangs.

Infidel-6 said:
UCR's are submitted and in theory actioned by DLR -- or an approved command will authorise a unit to do what it wishes to do so.
  - the similar process is for a unti that wants to paint its weapons in combat.

The 15 mag dumps are the reason we get stupid things like a 2" drop on the M203A1 and the C8SFW's heavier than necessary barrel.  My "guess" is DLR 5-5 and the LCMM SA "may" be a bit more effective if they had any actual combat experience.

The LCMM SA lied straight faced to the TF1-06  Battle Group when he said the reason they don't have the KAC RAS is that it overheats the weapons (in average it give 20% more rounds before the weapon reaches its cook off temp...) 
  Sadly this is what happens when the Tail wags the dog and 'specs' its fangs.

For the record it was extra ammunition after a system trial that required live firing to confirm boresighting. they wanted us to get rid of it so they didn't have to return it, and we were happy to oblige.

So who's accountable when things like that occur? If someone straight up lied, is there a means to call them on it?

No one seems to care...

Many officers and senior senior NCO's have been caught in lies and deceptions at DLR -- no one ever does anything

Except once trying to charge a little old corporal that point it out once  ;)

Infidel-6 said:
No one seems to care...

Many officers and senior senior NCO's have been caught in lies and deceptions at DLR -- no one ever does anything

Except once trying to charge a little old corporal that point it out once  ;)

Story time?

unlike yourself my time is limited (should be sleeping)
1000 things going through my mind

Back