• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RMC Admission Profile Question

Vlad_Mil

Inactive
Reaction score
I know that this question is asked a fair bit and it's probably oversaturated a bit and that there is no clear cut answer.
Although I would just like some of how I am do I g in the competition pool for ROTP/RMC.

So, some context since I thunk my case is a bit unique. I would like to clarify that I am finishing my Gr 12 year in June and I would like to apply for next year's intake. Some hiccups came in along the way this year and I wasn't able to go through the application process. I've gotten my personal issues straightened out and I'm now ready to apply again.

I just wanted to see how my profile looks and ask for some advice since I would technically be a "year behind" what would be my typical entry class from Gr 12.

Academics:
I would like to apply for an arts program and my top 6 U/M credits that also satisfy the prerequisites

English (85)
Gr11 Functions (85)
Analyzing Economic Issues Gr12 (94)
Gr 12 Accounting (94)
Business Leadership(90-92)
International Business (90)

Athletics
I am pretty active in my school teams and I go to the gym nearly everyday for a couple of hours. I compete in Cross country running, Nordic ski, Swim team and Track. I placed well in all of these sports regionals and made it to provincials in Nordic.

Extracurricular Activities
I am the Vice-president of my school's Student activity council ( manages budgets and and school extracrricular events/clubs). I also hold a part time job as a lifeguard and give swimming lessons at my local city community center. I also fill the role of head lifeguard and manage a small team of about 5 guards during lessons. I also have about 80 volunteer hours in a similar position as an assistant instructor for swimming lessons.

I would appreciate any advice or feedback going into the application process this September (I.e. retaking a course for a better mark, different type of training, something that I should study for). Also if some one who has had experience with the recruiting processes or who has gotten into RMC, what are my odds looking like?

Your "resume" is definitely competitive for ROTP as I made it in this year with much less. (87 Average, Engineering). The admission averages for the arts is around 85, making your odds pretty good.

If you haven't already, you can start studying for the CFAT as it weighs heavily on your competitiveness for your trade(s), you can find practice tests online. Make sure to highlight your extracurriculars and leadership experience during your interview.

Best of luck with your application!

I know that this question is asked a fair bit and it's probably oversaturated a bit and that there is no clear cut answer.
Although I would just like some of how I am do I g in the competition pool for ROTP/RMC.

So, some context since I thunk my case is a bit unique. I would like to clarify that I am finishing my Gr 12 year in June and I would like to apply for next year's intake. Some hiccups came in along the way this year and I wasn't able to go through the application process. I've gotten my personal issues straightened out and I'm now ready to apply again.

I just wanted to see how my profile looks and ask for some advice since I would technically be a "year behind" what would be my typical entry class from Gr 12.

Academics:
I would like to apply for an arts program and my top 6 U/M credits that also satisfy the prerequisites

English (85)
Gr11 Functions (85)
Analyzing Economic Issues Gr12 (94)
Gr 12 Accounting (94)
Business Leadership(90-92)
International Business (90)

Athletics
I am pretty active in my school teams and I go to the gym nearly everyday for a couple of hours. I compete in Cross country running, Nordic ski, Swim team and Track. I placed well in all of these sports regionals and made it to provincials in Nordic.

Extracurricular Activities
I am the Vice-president of my school's Student activity council ( manages budgets and and school extracrricular events/clubs). I also hold a part time job as a lifeguard and give swimming lessons at my local city community center. I also fill the role of head lifeguard and manage a small team of about 5 guards during lessons. I also have about 80 volunteer hours in a similar position as an assistant instructor for swimming lessons.

I would appreciate any advice or feedback going into the application process this September (I.e. retaking a course for a better mark, different type of training, something that I should study for). Also if some one who has had experience with the recruiting processes or who has gotten into RMC, what are my odds looking like?
You're marks are more than enough. There are people here that I always question how they got in because they fail a lot of classes and stuff. THe most important thing for you now will be your CFAT score for your trade

Back