• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C7A2

Which weapon do you prefer?

• C7A1

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • C7A2

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • C8

Votes: 19 52.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CT554

Inactive
Reaction score
yeah I've been issued the new C7A2, i was wondering which one you guys prefer,i personally prefer the A2,couple facts i don't like is that doing drill(like present arms) is gonna be hard, it's like doing drill with a C8, and as for the cocking handle, it will probably get caught into our DEU's!!

I think very few will actually be able to answer this poll.

btw are you on tour in a-stan or did they start issuing it in Canada?

Will we be doing drill with the C7A2, the same as the C7 and C7A1?  Or will we be doing SMG drill as per the C8?  Just curious?  How does the cocking handle get caught on your DEU's?  Never seen that before? 

m_a_c said:
Will we be doing drill with the C7A2, the same as the C7 and C7A1?   Or will we be doing SMG drill as per the C8?   Just curious?   How does the cocking handle get caught on your DEU's?   Never seen that before?  

Well the cocking handle is longer on one side just so you can cock it faster and with only 1 finger.

ok didn't know that, I guess that would make it possible to catch your deu's, that sucks...maybe we should just use standard C7's for drill only? 

What do you mean, prefer. As in drill only, or combat effectiveness. Or both. Personally I would take a C8, I find that carbines are most affective, especially if you're armoured.

Q.Y. Ranger said:
What do you mean, prefer. As in drill only, or combat effectiveness. Or both. Personally I would take a C8, I find that carbines are most affective, especially if you're armoured.

yeah but the new C7A2 is the same butt as the C8

CT554 said:
yeah but the new C7A2 is the same butt as the C8

It may have the same butt, but it also has the same barrel as the old C7A1; not the shorter barrel of the C8.

GW

George Wallace said:
It may have the same butt, but it also has the same barrel as the old C7A1; not the shorter barrel of the C8.

Sorry for pulling your quote George,

But FTR, the butt on the C7A2 is not the same as the C8. It appears close to it, but there are 4 positions for the butt to be put in(All the way out, 2 middle, all the way in). The furthest makes the A2 the same length as the C7.

Other changes...Charging handle is larger, protruding more to the left, ambidextrous mag release, attachment rails in front of hand guards.

Fired may rounds last week. Its nice and compact with butt fully in but the C7A2 is front heavy due to the rails. Also many of us had more difficulty seating the fully loaded mags in the weapon.

Overall for left handed firers the C7A2 is a better weapon. And no drill will not be any different (just remove the charging handle)

KevinB said:
C8SFW   ;D

me too.
pretty much all but dukes company has the new a2's in 1 RCR. dukes doesn't have them yet is because they're out in the field and they don't have time to clean rifles till next week, so in the new year 1 RCR will have converted over to the c7a2's, and supposidly by the end of the year, we should have the new c9a2's as well.
Greg

Armymedic said:
Overall for left handed firers the C7A2 is a better weapon. And no drill will not be any different (just remove the charging handle)

How would one do drill that requires the weapon to be cocked then?

I remember seeing that this might happen a couple of years ago...but like new things in this Army thought it was a "PIPE DREAM"....I like the look of them.

here is a link too..........

http://www.sfu.ca/casr/101-c7a2.htm

ALL I can say is I was undewhelmed by my time with the C7A2

Eventually we will all get the C8SFW upper along with the C7A2 upper (this is reg 031's I am talking about here)  I had the SFW in Afghan and it was much more useful than the A2.

I tossed the "Tactical"  ::) Cocking handle right away though - it sucks and is a hazard.

you got good points there ARMYMEDIC........does anybody as a pic of the c9a2? It would be interesting to see!

I would be interested in hearing about field evaluations using the Elcan optic. Good/Bad/Ugly?

I WON"T use a C79 or C79A2 ELCAN - I have used an Aimpoint M2, issued EOTECH 552, and TA31 ACOG.

The Elcan is to fragile for field usage as the way the mount is designed.

Back