• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

C7A2

Which weapon do you prefer?

• C7A1

Votes: 2 5.6%
  • C7A2

Votes: 15 41.7%
  • C8

Votes: 19 52.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
absolutely none taken Quag, I wish I had someting to occupy my time more, I envy you I truely do.

Get some sleep you have things to do!

::)

You called it Lerch

The CT series are boat anchors and have been dropped by the CF -- they are heavy and offer a minisule improvement in accuracy (5% according to the testing - for a near double weight increase)  CT series was designed by "tech" folk with no combat experience.

Nolanz -- please STFU

Infidel-6 said:
The CT series are boat anchors and have been dropped by the CF -- they are heavy and offer a minisule improvement in accuracy (5% according to the testing - for a near double weight increase)  CT series was designed by "tech" folk with no combat experience.

With that said, what is filling that role now, if anything?  In 5.56mm that is.

Seems the Army in its infinite wisdom  ::) has decided there is no doctrine for a DM system and the AR10's and C7CT's are no longer to be procured.

DLR is aboout inside the box (and they prefer it closed with the light off..) as you can get...

Infidel-6 said:
Seems the Army in its infinite wisdom  ::) has decided there is no doctrine for a DM system and the AR10's and C7CT's are no longer to be procured.

DLR is aboout inside the box (and they prefer it closed with the light off..) as you can get...

Kev,

Don't be so sure.  Despite all DLR institutional intent to the contrary, the low-shoe-wearing, completely-out-of-touch-with-operational-reality DLR types have apparently been sorted out WRT the AR-10s.  Just last night I was told by someone who definitely knows, that certain DLR types have been been given a big (figurative) wedgie from the field force, and been told by the Army's leadershp (who are now thankfully listening to the coal-face) to get on with rebarrelling the existing AR-10 fleet.  "42 Enemy KIA" appears to have provided  some justification for sustainment of the AR-10 fleet pending a "better" DLR solution..... 

The "Sniper" versus "Designated Marksman" debate continues to rage.  Which is a good thing, provided that we finally reach institutional consensus after 10-odd years of debating the issue.  But for now, the in-theatre value of the AR-10 and the maintenance of same appears to be a "done deal".  As it ought to be. 

On a related note, DLR may not have yet received their "marching orders" regarding the Tactical Vest, but the time is fast approaching based on 3 PPCLI's impending CLS-directed trial of a variety of COTS tac vests.  C Coy 3 VP (TF 1-07) had a fortuitous visit fom MGen Leslie recently, during which the manifest shortcomings of the existing vest were pointed out in no uncertain terms by the rank and file.  To the CLS's credit, he immediately (as in right there, right then) authorized a "buy and try" of COTS vests for C Coy.  The DLR "Soldier Systems" types wedded to their personal pet project were predictably in a snit.  To frigging bad.  The trial is going to happen, and good things are on the horizon.  3 PPCLI's fully UCR-documented complaints regarding the inadequacies of the Tac Vest (submitted 2 years ago, and never acknowledged by DLR) are about to be superseded by CLS-directed COTS trials.  That is a good thing, if long overdue.  I suspect that with MGen Leslie in charge, DLR are about to be summed the frig up.  Lets not forget that these are the same operationally-disconnected staff weenies who have in recent years champioined removal of the .50 HMG and 60mm mortar from the Infantry inventory.  Only to see those same systems employed (and shown on network news) as essential enablers during current operations....  ::)

Good things are happening, despite entrenched institutional idiocy.  Keep the faith.

Mark,  Good to hear -- Last week I was fed up listening to the technobabble of ill founded ideas spewing forth from that area...

I am a firm beleive in every PL having 2 AR10 (or Mk11) rifles -- preferbale kitted out a little better than how the in-service ones are.
After listening to comments made by the LCMM SA and others I am extremely glad they are getting reality forced down their throats -- I would not let up until those people retire...

I am back in Edmonton -- I have a few toys you have to see  ;)

IF you listened to DLR's justification for the AR10T -- it was an interim until the C14 (Timerwolf) entered service -- now if you can see that logic (7.62 Semi auto = .338LM boltgun) you too can work for DLR  ;D

The C7CT and AR10T where IOR purchases to fill a missing capability for the snipers.

What the C7CT should have been...

Mk12Mod2.jpg

Last week, I shot the C7a2 for the first time in rapid fire.

Had 2 stoppages: one on repetition and one on auto.

After we were done and I policed up my brass, I had 2 rounds in the mix with bullets that had been pushed back into the casing.

Not impressed.

It was cold, but not nearly cold enough to even pretend that was a factor. (-10C at worst)

And no, my weapon was not dirty. That is kind of insulting, but I can understand where it comes from.

coulda been a couple of bad bullets in the batch

problem with two outa how many?

Anyone else have similar problems?

2 out of 270

I saw one other have the same problem on a different day with the same batch of ammo. That day was much colder (-20C at best) and I will not vouch for his weapon cleaning skills. He showed us the round that showed the same problem as mine.

Other might have experienced the same problem, but rounds/casing fell in the snow. No one else repoted anything.

bullet setback is a relatively common issue.
  happens when the bullet is not properly crimped into the casing up manufacture.

Back