• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ August 2007 - ALL locations

I don't think we would be responsible to cover the cost of our transportation (cab if necessary) to St. Jean.

They let me know at the DND that once we arrive if there is not enough of us for a "military transport" to pick us up we will be required to take a cab, she quoted me a price of $100.00 which will be reimbursed at a later time.

Was there a number given as to the necessary amount of people needed to receive a pickup?

I don't recall the exact number, but it was under 10..I believe 8 or so.However I only have heard of 3-4 of us taking the train.Nothing to really worry about I guess, I just wanted to put that out there so we can be aware of the issue, and not get there standing around waiting for a ride that just may never come.

eager_beaver said:
I don't recall the exact number, but it was under 10..I believe 8 or so.However I only have heard of 3-4 of us taking the train.Nothing to really worry about I guess, I just wanted to put that out there so we can be aware of the issue, and not get there standing around waiting for a ride that just may never come.

You'll probably have to get a cab.. when I went last fall almost all the guys coming to st jean via train had to get one... I  came via plane from Halifax and it seemed like the whole plane was full of recruits lol..we had a bus waiting for us at the airport (look for the guys in military uniform).. last fall I paid like $85 for a cab to the airport fr. st jean (when I VR'd/ left early- huge mistake, don't do(you'll regret it) unless its a emergency).. all travel expenses are reimbursed via travel claims (keep your receipts)

Excuse me Hitormiss I'm getting a little ahead of myself and your right, a buddy of mine was told ppcli and ended up in rcr. We all gotta get through training first!.......And In the letter they say 9 or more for the "school bus" less and its cab approx. 90-100 $ but they reimburse you......

Yes, I have READ the other posts...and since there's been no one reply in a while, I thought I would write something to bring it back up to the main page, incase there was any new comers!!!  Thought I was being helpful..WOW!

valleygal said:
Yes, I have READ the other posts...and since there's been no one reply in a while, I thought I would write something to bring it back up to the main page, incase there was any new comers!!!  Thought I was being helpful..WOW!

Was just asking.......

the 13th seems to be coming even slower then when i originally left for basic, but im excited to continue where i left off.

Sixshooter said:
the 13th seems to be coming even slower then when i originally left for basic, but im excited to continue where i left off.

Exactly. I agree.

Did you get your course serial from your CFRC?

Back