• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ August 2007 - ALL locations

I'm hoping to make it in by August 12 2008, lol.  It gets frustrating reading person after person getting job offers, and here I am diligently waiting by the phone waiting to here when I can take my CFAT, interview, and medical..............

Wow that is fast! Mine would have been fast too except I told them to put my file on hold til my husband came back from Afghanistan.

I'm so anxious to go, waiting kinda sucks and it shows me how incredible impatient I really am  :p haha Oh well, I'm happy to be going.
Got my package today, nothing really interesting in it since the package was on their website already. Doing my swearing in in Ottawa at the end of July, hopefully my friends husband can do my swearing in for me!

Where are you guys/gals from? 

Saint John  New Brunswick here.

Not sure when and how i'm going. Just know i start Aug 13th.

Frank          :cdn:

im from kitchener gonna be leaving by train the 11th, this actually will be my second st.jean visit, i originally left in march 06 but had to v.r cause of my moms medical condition

the corporal didnt tell my when my swearing in is yet cause of how long i have to wait, but she said shed call me back and tell me whats up.

I get sworn in July 30th.  What do you mean you got your package?
Do you get something in the mail?  Anyway i'm going in to the office with all my question.

Frank    :cdn:

My swearing in is on 31 July in Ottawa. I got a letter in the mail today with joining instructions and lists of things to bring to St Jean. I'm sure it's something everyone gets, you can find it on the CFLRS website.

I currently live in Petawawa on base with my husband and have already told them that I will be driving to BMQ, that way if I ever get time off I am definitely coming home. We have spent most of the past year apart already, I will take advantage of any time to get home.

Drive up here???

Forget that make him come to you and then wine you and dine you Montreal!

I'll even be sure to be in that area so I can direct you both to some very nice places.....Make him come to you for a change M I mean he goes away enough  :p

PS: Congrat's too. You put in a lot of effort to get this far and I know you will do great.

stealthylizard said:
I'm hoping to make it in by August 12 2008, lol.  It gets frustrating reading person after person getting job offers, and here I am diligently waiting by the phone waiting to here when I can take my CFAT, interview, and medical..............

I'm in the exact same bout.. I reapplied back in Feb 07, my VFS is all done just waiting for the call for interview/med... waiting has sucked but in the long run it'll be worth it... hearing peoples stories is also pretty cool though and encouraging

Congrats Sixshooter, as someone who's reapplying after a VR myself it's good to hear your wait wasn't too long.. good luck. 

Well thanks HoM. I'm sure I'll do just fine too.
And I'll make sure I tell him what you said about him spoiling me in Montreal rather than me going home, I'm sure he will just love that haha

Im heading to st jean for aug 13 boot camp. avs tech.  i am getting sworn in july 31 in ottawa. 

What are the chances there being a BMQ in St. Jean in September if there is one Aug 13? I have a work term for school that ends Aug 31 and the Recruiting Officer said that there would most likely be a BMQ beginning of Sept.  Would it be likely they would have them this close together?

Edit: I was lookin on the forums and saw various dates around this time, so I don't think I need to worry.  DISREGARD.

Got called with my enrollment information, and travel plans.  Swear in on August 2nd, and fly out of Winnipeg on the 11th to start BMQ in St. Jean on the 13th.  Man, I'm excited.

hopefully they call me for my swearing in 2 weeks before i have to go or before, cause my job wont be too happy with me leaving randomly lol

I got my call today for my component transfer, i'll be on the 11 Aug. flight for basic with you all.  I'm from Toronto, going infantry with PPCLI.

Back