• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

BMQ August 2007 - ALL locations

Hey Arsenal,
They did change the date of my swearing in to July 5th, so I guess I'll see you there.  I'll probably be on the same train to St. Jean as well.

Us windsor and london guys will possibly be on the same train. My train my be picking you guys up. Let me know when  you know what train your on and i will do the same

mike1234 said:
Hey Arsenal,
They did change the date of my swearing in to July 5th, so I guess I'll see you there.  I'll probably be on the same train to St. Jean as well.

No doubt.. I'd bet most of us will be on the same train.

Whats everyone doing over the summer to get ready? I plan to lay on the beach in Grand Bend all summer ;D.

Unfortunatley I wont see you guys on the train as I seem to be the only one so far coming from western canada ;D

I was so excited to get my call today! Offered RMS Clerk and couldn't be happier! Anyone else get the call yet?

Yes!

I am doing my medical on June 6Th, I am applying for infantry and seeing as there are starting dates for the 16Th of July, the 13Th of August it looks like I will be making it for summer time recruitment after all!!  ;D I will post as soon as I get my call, but that should not take place until about the second week of July.  :salute: Good night.

Josh, good luck.  I have had an application in since beginning of March, and haven't even been lined up for anything yet.

Hey stealthy

That's just about right, I went from February 24TH, until roughly 1 and a half weeks ago without hearing from them. So a total of 2 months and 2-3 weeks. I asked around and it is a matter of how busy they truly are. The thing is, you may get a call from the recruitment center for your aptitude, interview, and medical either on the same day/week/month. That to depends on how busy they are. The other thing that it falls on is what field you have applied for? Infantry moves quickly ( I just changed from Weapons Technician to Infantry) Just to give you an example the Weapons Tech interview is roughly 1- 1 1/2 hours, Whereas the Infantry interview lasted 30-45 minutes.

Keep in mind There is no problem with calling and asking them if they have a rough idea of how many weeks it could be. They told me 8 weeks, it took 10, but I did notice the Mtl based recruitment office has been quite busy everytime I have went since February.

I wish you the best of luck seeing as I am pretty sure that everyone here who has applied to date would like to leave before September  ::). Thanks though. BTW *correction from my prior post, I meant I should not hear from them until about the second week of June..  :salute:

PS. Running time!!

Hey rcrgruntsgirl

I'm going on Aug 13th too...  Marine  Electrician  Navy

What are you Going for?

Frank      :cdn:

I'm going as a Clerk, and very excited to get my first choice. No combat for me, it's enough for me to be married to someone in a combat trade.
Now just waiting for my package from the recruiting office!

Melissa

just did my medical and interview today, said i should get a call this week and get an offer for a august time. cant wait, never went this fast the last time i did this application.

Yeah, I recieved my offer the other day, for Infantry PPCLI BMQ starting on the 13th.  I'm just waiting for my package, and the specifics of my offer, and enrollment.  I'm very excited to get started.  I'm just wondering, though, if there were other people who weren't told where there BMQ was being held when the got there offer?  It might have just been that I was too excited to remember to ask when I got the call.  Hope to see some of you there.

Stealthy , not necesarily, they are running BMQ in wainwright, Gagetown, and even Edmonton.

Wow, I thought all Reg Force was done through St Jean, I guess that has changed.  My apologies. The Canadian Forces recruiting website should update their information then:

Basic Military Qualification

The first stage of training for everyone is the 13-week Basic Military Qualification (BMQ) course at the Canadian Forces Leadership and Recruit School in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, Quebec.

The demands on the system being what they are these days, the Cf has had to conduct BMQ at several other locations.  This is not the first time the CF has done this.  Regardless of where the training is done, the syllabus is the same and overseen  by CFLRS.

wow, when i said fast i really meant it, said i did my interview and med monday, and i just got called today (wednesday) for the job.

ill be off to st.jean on the 11th for the 13th! 

going infantry rcr. cant wait

hope to see you all there.

p.s the offer came on my birthday too. wonder if they wanted to give me a present.. ha.

Back