• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Basic Up

Has anyone seen the french episodes?  I don't want to spend time downloading them if they're just the same with sub-tittles.

Episode 5 was the best one so far I think!  I've been waiting to see the rest of the "Dumont Incident!"

I liked it because he wasn't just chewing her out for the sake of it and I think at the end of it she might have actually learned something.  Then again maybe not...I guess we'll see.

I have to admit, even though I was kind of down on her when I started watching she did give what I thought was a good answer later on:

"Well Private Dumont, in week 6, trying your hardest isn't good enough."

"Well, I'll do better."

That answer shows the right attitude, given the circumstances.  Anyone starting their BMQ should internalise that.
During the rest of her inspection, that we saw, she was pretty bad.

Let's see if she's able to pull it out over the rest of her training.

Haven't seen the french ones... i would assume its the same...

damn these slow Download speeds, it has locked my download up twice now

if anyone has Itunes i suggest getting the army.ca podcast, the dl works every time instead of this link which sometimes breaks down. anyhow episode 5 can't be the end can it? I mean theres no showing of field exercise and grad, etc. I'd say at least 2 or 3 more episodes.

Hi there;

Basic Up, Season One, has 9 episodes in English, and it's French Equivalent, La voie du succés, has 6 episodes. We hope to have all the episodes up by weeks end.

Thanks;
-Webmaster, Official Army Website

It's on iTunes? All I can find is the Army News Podcast. What exactly are you searching for to find it?

Sure is on iTunes! It's posted under "Canadian Army News Vodcast."

Sgt: "And what are you doing this weekend?"

Recruit: "Drinking!"

Oh, and gotta love the corny music from the 80's.

Haven't seen too much of the guys during the show. I guess the girl is more interesting than the guys. Maybe they want to show that women can do it and attract more female candidates.

that was pretty fast compared to how long it took to upload episode 4

Are the instructors taking it easy because of the cameras?

I kinda of wish they showed more of the other recruits

Army Webmistress said:
Hi there;

Basic Up, Season One, has 9 episodes in English, and it's French Equivalent, La voie du succés, has 6 episodes. We hope to have all the episodes up by weeks end.

Thanks;
-Webmaster, Official Army Website

Army Webmistress,

I'm wondering if Basic Up will be available for private sector purchase. It would be a great addition to our university career centre library.  Does anyone know?

leroi

lone bugler said:
if anyone has Itunes i suggest getting the army.ca podcast, the dl works every time instead of this link which sometimes breaks down. anyhow episode 5 can't be the end can it? I mean theres no showing of field exercise and grad, etc. I'd say at least 2 or 3 more episodes.

your right there are more episodes coming because i remember seeing the series summary on youtube and there was scene where one of the girls had that camouflage stuff on her face and another scene where one of the guys was crying 

leroi said:
Army Webmistress,

I'm wondering if Basic Up will be available for private sector purchase. It would be a great addition to our university career centre library.  Does anyone know?

leroi

Leroi;

I myself am unable to answer that, but if you were to submit your inquiry to the Feedback section of the Army website, located at http://armyapp.forces.gc.ca/Army/English/4_2.asp?FlashEnabled=1&, another member of the Web staff will be able to answer your question.

Regards;
-Army Webmistress

Sounds like something we should have on this site - a 'Basic Up' section for where all the new guys/girls and applicants to the CF can go and look up their favorite questions.  Of course it would be a lot of work to set up...

http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/LF/English/podcast/basicup_006.mp4
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/LF/English/podcast/basicup_007.mp4
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/LF/English/podcast/basicup_008.mp4
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/LF/English/podcast/basicup_009.mp4

I know at least the first 2 of these links works, downloading them now.

Good morning;

All of the Basic Up, and it's French equivalent, La voie du succès, have now been posted, and are available for your viewing pleasure.

If you have any comments or questions regarding Basic Up, please submit them via the Feedback section of the Army website.

Thank you!

Army Webmistress said:
La voie du succés

The accent is in the reverse position as : succès , in french :) .

I was going to write that there isn't any accent on it, but I've check the dictionnary before posting  :-[  :p !

Army Webmistress said:
Good morning;

All of the Basic Up, and it's French equivalent, La voie du succés, have now been posted, and are available for your viewing pleasure.

If you have any comments or questions regarding Basic Up, please submit them via the Feedback section of the Army website.

Thank you!

Excellent! I am really enjoying these videos. I am a little concerned after watching #4, though. I have very long hair and want to keep it long, so all the talk about maybe cutting girls' hair had me cringing!  :-\

Celticgirl said:
Excellent! I am really enjoying these videos. I am a little concerned after watching #4, though. I have very long hair and want to keep it long, so all the talk about maybe cutting girls' hair had me cringing!  :-\

If "tresses" (braid ?) are acceptable, you might want to go the "tresses africaines" way, if you don't mind passing 2 days after basic
to undo it  :p !

It took a friend 5 hours to do mine, and me 3 to undo them a month later!

Just do what my sisters taught me to do, they're in cadets and passed the knowledge up to me.  Lots of gel and hair spray, brush it back, twist and wrap it around itself, pin to head with about 5 billion bobby pins without looking like a pin cushion and then cover the bun with a hair net close to your hair colour. TADA instant bun that'll stay through the roughest workout or training.  (I have hair halfway down my back and can't do a french braid to save my life)  Even works on very fine or thin hair. Just spray the whole thing again after your done, and it should stay put no problem. should only take about 30 secs longer then brushing your hair once you get it as part of a routine.

Back