• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Basic Up

lone bugler said:
the shows 20-25 minutes per episode, mind you im no couch potato, so i think on the PT front im not badly off
Ah okay. The other ones downloaded so fast, and this one is really slow.

But remember, you can never do enough PT ;)

Mike Baker said:
Ah okay. The other ones downloaded so fast, and this one is really slow.

Yeah it's slow going here too, but it seems to have picked up in the last few minutes. Mind you, it's still nowhere near as fast as it should be: I'm getting around 60k/sec, when for the others I got around 500k/sec.

HighlandIslander said:
Yeah it's slow going here too, but it seems to have picked up in the last few minutes. Mind you, it's still nowhere near as fast as it should be: I'm getting around 60k/sec, when for the others I got around 500k/sec.
You have it better then me, I have about 30k/sec!

Baahaha "If you need a picture, I will bring one of my mother in"

That was a very touchy-feely PT...I've never seen anything like that before.

HighlandIslander said:
That was a very touchy-feely PT...I've never seen anything like that before.

Because it's Week One I guess, and the cameras are there.  ::)  Looks like there are some plugs on that platoon, hopefully they'll shape up rather than ship out.

obviously they're being a little nicer then usual, I mean come on, they have camera's in their faces all day. Even my gym teacher in college wasn't that nice!  i remember on the first day he said that we had to run till someone puked cause someone always did on the first day of gym.  Oh how I miss those 2 hour gym classes. they were so much fun. Nothing like log rolling as a class holding ankles to get your spirits up in the morning!

Did the MCPL say "Good work GUYS"? at the end of PT?

I'm pretty sure he was just commenting on the group as a whole.  Although to be correct he should have said 'people' or 'lowly recruits'  ;)

deej96 said:
I'm pretty sure he was just commenting on the group as a whole.  Although to be correct he should have said 'people' or 'lowly recruits'  ;)

I know that.  He was supposed to say TROOPS, as it is non-gender specific.

haha ya, but when talking to a group, the term 'guys' has just become generalized so that it is not gender specific any more, even though the tehcnical meaning is different.  Well at least, that is what I have seen.  People should just stop caring about genders and instead care about people.

I have often referred to a group of soldiers as "guys", and if there are females present, I preface it by saying that my younger daughter refers to a group of her female friends as "guys".  In the singular, guy refers to a male human.  In the plural, it is not gender specific (according to my 7 year old's use of the term).  And, as they say, "Out of the mouths of babes" (or words to that effect)
:D

Mortarman Rockpainter said:
I have often referred to a group of soldiers as "guys", and if there are females present, I preface it by saying that my younger daughter refers to a group of her female friends as "guys".  In the singular, guy refers to a male human.  In the plural, it is not gender specific (according to my 7 year old's use of the term).  And, as they say, "Out of the mouths of babes" (or words to that effect)
:D

I prefer the word "ladies" when addressing mixed gender groups (army only, and only the guys in the Troop), all the guys will laugh. MMR ockpainter you know you can never get away with calling a course guys, different with your own troops; last time I called a course guys (only men present at the time) a CWO apperard out of no were (you can guess how it ended)

deej96 said:
haha ya, but when talking to a group, the term 'guys' has just become generalized so that it is not gender specific any more, even though the tehcnical meaning is different.  Well at least, that is what I have seen.  People should just stop caring about genders and instead care about people.

Can you please expand on your profile?

NL_engineer said:
Did the MCPL say "Good work GUYS"? at the end of PT?

I used to call my students (males and females mixed) "guys" all the time. In the plural form, it can refer to either or both genders. ;)

That cranky PO continues to crack me up. "If you fall on me, I'll be p####d off!" I hope he's on my course.  ;D

benny88 said:
  I think they're issued teleportation devices.

everybody know that CWO's have their own "secret" organization were they issue them teleportation devices. they also receive ninja training and grow eyes on the back of their heads. Besides the father and the son and the holy ghost, the CWO  si the most omniscient being and knows everything that's going on in his/her base. they will appear out of no where as soon as your slacking or doing something your not suppose to do, and disappear just as fast. They eat paper work and spit it back out at an alarming rate and seem to never sleep.

I remember an old reg Force CWO drilled us for our SLC cadet grad parade, scared everyone to death, but we got it done real good and with 600 cadets you can hear him yell anywhere on the flight line

therefore i want to thank every CWO in the CF  :salute:

Back