• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Basic Up

Pte Weremko pissing anyone else off? The comment "I would be a lazy [course senior], I wouldn't do anything!" seems wildly inappropriate for Week 7-8. Also, Pte Dumont slamming her kit around and pouting after a bad inspection and lipping off to an instructor seems way out of place in Week 6 as well.

benny88 said:
    Pte Weremko pissing anyone else off? The comment "I would be a lazy [course senior], I wouldn't do anything!" seems wildly inappropriate for Week 7-8. Also, Pte Dumont slamming her kit around and pouting after a bad inspection and lipping off to an instructor seems way out of place in Week 6 as well.
When I saw Dumont do that I was just like "oh my god" , Like correct me if i'm wrong but it looked like she was kinda showing off the PO. Its week 6 like come on everything should be really good by then...no excuses really. But also i'm not sure of her name but the girl who's shown a lot with black hair....she complains so much.

slowmode said:
Its week 6 like come on everything should be really good by then...no excuses really.

It's not so much her mistakes on inspection, as I'm sure you know slowmode, they're ALWAYS gonna find something wrong;  :crybaby: it was her reaction. At week 6 you should have thicker skin, and even the first day you should have more sense than to talk back like that.

Edit: Just got a load of that PO in the first couple of minutes of episode 8. A most glorious mustache. I can't say I would be able to keep a straigh face if he was jacking me up with that thing in my face :)

benny88 said:
  It's not so much her mistakes on inspection, as I'm sure you know slowmode, they're ALWAYS gonna find something wrong;  :crybaby: it was her reaction. At week 6 you should have thicker skin, and even the first day you should have more sense than to talk back like that.

Edit: Just got a load of that PO in the first couple of minutes of episode 8. A most glorious mustache. I can't say I would be able to keep a straigh face if he was jacking me up with that thing in my face :)

Oh I completely see where your coming from, hey if they dindt keep finding stuff it would not be much of an inspection. But i'm still surprised the troops did not get there emotions intact by week 6. But in the end everyone starts somewhere and ends somewhere.

P.S : I so wish I could get a mustache like that

I haven't even BEEN to basic yet, but even my mouth hung open when I saw that girl talking back during inspection. I thought the PO handled it pretty well, considering that she must have been digging herself into a giant trench at that point.

Those ruck marches look tough! How much did they say...35kg? That's over half my body weight..!

Fun times ahead.  ;)

the_midge said:
I haven't even BEEN to basic yet, but even my mouth hung open when I saw that girl talking back during inspection. I thought the PO handled it pretty well, considering that she must have been digging herself into a giant trench at that point.

Those ruck marches look tough! How much did they say...35kg? That's over half my body weight..!

Fun times ahead.  ;)

Well I just went to weigh my ruck right now and it is 49.2 Pounds.

slowmode said:
Well I just went to weigh my ruck right now and it is 49.2 Pounds.

:eek: Mine for the 13km was over 70 lbs, IIRC. Closer to the 35 kg mark. I remember doing a 6km march with about 45-50 lbs, was that what you just did?

benny88 said:
  :eek: Mine for the 13km was over 70 lbs, IIRC. Closer to the 35 kg mark. I remember doing a 6km march with about 45-50 lbs, was that what you just did?

Well from what I see most people on my courses were in the 30-40 pound mark. I thought i'd add more and make it 50 or so just to get the extra workout. For the 13km I remember hearing that your ruck has to weigh 40 pounds then you have your FFO.

My suitcase weighs about 40-45 pounds but its not too bad, those little wheels on the end help alot.

slowmode said:
    Well from what I see most people on my courses were in the 30-40 pound mark. I thought i'd add more and make it 50 or so just to get the extra workout. For the 13km I remember hearing that your ruck has to weigh 40 pounds then you have your FFO.

Oooh yeah sorry, I didn't realize you weren't including your weapon and FFO and everything. I guess just the ruck would be closer to 40.

CDN Aviator said:
My suitcase weighs about 40-45 pounds but its not too bad, those little wheels on the end help alot.

I want to get those new rucks in the system, the ones with the internal frame

slowmode said:
  I want to get those new rucks in the system, the ones with the internal frame

I'm sure you'll get one as soon as you get to a Combat Engineer unit.

I wonder why they focused so much on Weremko and not on the others who were being profiled (supposedly)? I have to say that her attitude really bugs me.  :p

Celticgirl said:
I wonder why they focused so much on Weremko and not on the others who were being profiled (supposedly)? I have to say that her attitude really bugs me.  :p

I would assume they are trying advertise by using Weremko. 
"Hey look, if she can do it, why can't you?"

And myself, I will not be in basic until Monday, however I wouldn't dare bring that kind of attitude that she had even in farnham. That's just Un-freaking-believable

could also be the fact to emphasize females in the military and how they are no fully integrated inot every aspect of training, Didn't the intro start with something about what year females were finally part of BMQ?

Celticgirl said:

They should just profile me.  ;D

Back