• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Basic Up

Prophet

Inactive
Reaction score
first off sorry if this is the wrong section. and i did search but way too many results came up.

I was wondering where i would get Episodes of Basic Up (that reality series that follows recruits around). I've seen the clips on the army.forces.gc.ca website, and would like too see more.

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=canadian+forces+basic+up&meta=
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/1_10.asp

Munxcub said:
If the 15 clips aren't enough to slake your thirst, this video is pretty neat.

Ah yes the bmq vid from St.Jean. I watched it several times before basic.

PB&J said:
http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=canadian+forces+basic+up&meta=
http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/lf/English/1_10.asp

Those are just the clips. i would assume that there are Episodes? is there?

Munxcub said:
If the 15 clips aren't enough to slake your thirst, this video is pretty neat.

thats a cool video.

^ The whole thing is on that link

EDIT: On further inspection, you could be right, I didn't see it anywhere.

Episode 2, clip 3

"By tomorrow, EVERYONE will have a picture. If you do not have a picture by then, I will bring in a picture of my mom, and we can all have a  copy."

LMAO...didn't expect drill instructors to have a sense of humour.

anton said:
LMAO...didn't expect drill instructors to have a sense of humour.

Oh they have a sense of humor alright ;D They'll say stupid childish jokes to you and if you laugh at them...pushups. They'll do silly things during inspections; use your beret as a swiffer, hang clothes off your shirt collar, if they find junk on your floor they'll gently place it ontop your head, they'll make you sing "I'm a little teapot".

Episode 3 clip 1 made me laugh what's with that girls' head movements? Very awkward.... Great video clips, I would love to see the whole thing. Lots of recruits couldn't read rank and were getting jacked man-o-man, better learn that before I go. The music when that guy was running across the bridge and fell was kind of funny. Episode 1 clip three horrible music, but perfect for clip...... 

the first season just started and it airs on the military channel that i believe you can only get on a CFB not regular / digital cable / statelite....

they are currently filming season 2, of which, i have the wonderful experience of having been picked for season 2, so, i've got them following me around this year with camera's and stuff...

I just checked the military channel they don't have a listing for the show yet. Too bad I don't have that kind of bread to spend on the videos. The clips are great. Thats pretty cool you are in the second season, what are they filming you doing? Basic? B1Q?

the show is on mon/wed/fri at around noon and supper time...

they are following me thru BMQ and my MOC training when i go to kingston, ON

when i get back to St. Jean i'm week 8 BMQ so should be fun... PTE James, if you see me around feel free to say hi ; )

SoF said:
Oh they have a sense of humor alright ;D They'll say stupid childish jokes to you and if you laugh at them...pushups. They'll do silly things during inspections; use your beret as a swiffer, hang clothes off your shirt collar, if they find junk on your floor they'll gently place it ontop your head, they'll make you sing "I'm a little teapot".

I'm going to be doing soo many pushups because of this... I suck at keeping a straight face... :/

Magravan said:
I'm going to be doing soo many pushups because of this... I suck at keeping a straight face... :/

Don't worry, you will learn awful fast  ;D

Magravan said:

Me too....I like to laugh at funny stuff...ya know...it's enjoyable

My game face is typically so many smiles and grins that they have no idea if I have something good in my hand, or just thought of something funny ;)

Trilogy1977 said:
the show is on mon/wed/fri at around noon and supper time...

they are following me thru BMQ and my MOC training when i go to kingston, ON

when i get back to St. Jean i'm week 8 BMQ so should be fun... PTE James, if you see me around feel free to say hi ; )

I think that's Army News you're thinking of, not the Military Channel.  The Military Channel is on dish, but Army News is closed ciruit to Army Bases.  I've seen a bit of the show playing on the tvs in the mess at lunch.  Must be wierd to see yourself on tv while you're eating lunch!  My buddies wouldn't let me hear the end of it if it was me!

I heard that there was a film crew filming a new Basic Up at St Jean this month.  Why are they filmoing a new one when we haven't even seen the first one yet?

Or has it come out?  I also heard they were filmingthe excersises at Farnham with the section attaks and stuff.  That might be cool to see, show me some violence!!

Back