• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
mariomike said:
You may find some answers here.

The Recruiting Process > The Credit Check Superthread- Merged Topics
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13319.0

After Reading that, It looks like im not gonna make the cut.

Thanks for the Help

jonas0828 said:
After Reading that, It looks like im not gonna make the cut.

Thanks for the Help

Go through the process like anyone else.  I really don't think that $3.5K in debt as you previously posted is that big a deal.  Have you ever taken the time to find out just what your "Credit Rating" is?  Because the CF will and you should as well.....long before the CF knows!

Just an update, did my interview today ;)
Recruiting Center: Toronto, Ontario
Regular/Reserve: Primary Reserves
Unit: Lorne Scots A Coy
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Application Date: April 01, 2013
First Contact: April 01, 2013
CFAT Date: April 15th, 2013 (Completed and passed)
Interview - Thursday April 18 (Completed and passed)
Medical and Physical -
Tests Completed: -  CFAT, Interview
Position Offered:  -
Basic Training Begins:  -

DAA said:
Go through the process like anyone else.  I really don't think that $3.5K in debt as you previously posted is that big a deal.  Have you ever taken the time to find out just what your "Credit Rating" is?  Because the CF will and you should as well.....long before the CF knows!

I havent checked in a while but i know its garbage and i think its gonna hurt alot in terms of not getting in. Ive been screwed around alot by my family and been living on my own since i was 17. Now 21 and i make barely enough to keep the lights on. So i cant afford to put a single pennie towards it. But i learned to love kd and roman needles lol

Well I just thought I'd post this here to see how many other people are gonna be serving with me later in the year.

Recruting Center: Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Artillery
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3: Infantry
Application Date: November 5, 2012
First Contact: February 16,2013
CFAT,Interview,PT Test completed : March 10, 2013
Medical Completed: April 16, 2013
Position Offered: Vehicle Technician
Basic Training Begins: Fall 2013 (No specific date yet)

George Wallace said:
We have several topics on that subject.  Feel free to read them.

Thanks George,

Relatively new to this forum and didnt have much luck with the search function.  Was hoping for a link, but I'll look again.  Lol.

jonas0828 said:
So i cant afford to put a single pennie towards it.

IT'S FREE!!! 

So you are currently all "worked up" over something, that your local CFRC probabily will have knowledge of and may even question you on, while at the sametime, that information is readily available to you!  There is nothing like going for a "job interview" knowing exactly just what the answer to the question is before the question is even asked.

So let me help you out and hopefully other applicants to the CF get the "hint" as well......obtain a Credit Report before hand and it's free!!!!!  And I have even done the "pointing and clicking" for you below, so you don't get discouraged and give up like most every other person does.

Equifax Canada - http://www.equifax.com/ecm/canada/EFXCreditReportRequestForm.pdf  <------the website was somewhat "consumer" friendly

TransUnion Canada - http://www.transunion.ca/docs/personal/Consumer_Disclosure_Request_Form_en.pdf    <----- I can see why no one ever asks them for a FREE Credit Report.  What a nightmare trying to find the link for this one!!!  :-(

I will repost this again as a separate topic for all to see.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Application Date: September 09, 2012
Sent in documents/paperwork: October 15, 2012
Transferred to CFRC Toronto: April 19, 2013
Aptitude Test:
Medical:
Interview:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMQ Begins:

Finally got my application transferred to CFRC Toronto. It's been about 6 months since I sent in my documents. Now I gotta set up my Medical/CFAT.

PMedMoe said:
I think he meant he couldn't make loan payments.

Exactly. I requested my credit report yesterday after reading the credit check post. Im going to work on getting it all consolidated on monday. Hopefully that will be enough to get past the military reliability check.

Thwarten said:
Hi all,

I've been a long time viewer of this page, first time poster. First off, I'd like to thank you all for the insight and wisdom you've all brought me in my application process.

Recruting Center: Edmonton
Trade Choice 1: Vehicle Technician
Application Date: 18SEP12
First Contact: 15OCT12
Medical completed : 27FEB13
CFAT Completed: 27FEB13
Interview completed: 27FEB13
Merit Listed: 11MAR13
Position Offered: Vehicle Tech: 19APR13
BMQ Date: 13MAY13

Best of luck to all others applying and waiting right now as well!

Got the call on Friday, I'm off for BMQ the third week of May! Best of luck to all those still waiting!

Recruiting Centre: Montreal, QC
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: AERE
Trade Choice 2:  Logistics cause education is not match  :(
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: Jully 31st  2012
CFAT Completed : January 24th 2011
Medical Completed:  April 22nd 2013
Interview completed:  April 22nd 2013
Position offered: 
Sworn in:
Basic Training Begins:

Just got called, best news ever! CFAT, Medical, and Interview Scheduled all in one day. Come on May 13th!

Recruiting Centre: Ottawa, Ontario
Trade Choice 1: Medical Technician
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: February 17th, 2013
Date Application sent to Ottawa: February 28th, 2013
First Contact from Ottawa: March 20th, 2013 (Emailed me my security forms to fill out)
Forms brought in to Ottawa: March 21, 2013.
CFAT scheduled : May 13th, 2013
Interview scheduled: May 13th, 2013
Medical scheduled: May 13th, 2013
Merit listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins:

Congrats! I've been merit listed since March, waiting on offer! Maybe we will end up attending BMQ together.

Recruiting Centre: Hamilton
Trade Choice 1: Artillery
Trade Choice 2: Infantry
Trade Choice 3: Armoured
Online Application Date: March 27, 2013
Application sent to North Bay: April 9, 2013
First Contacted: N/A :(

From what I've read on here, most people that applied in March did their BMQ in October. Is that a fair assumption? I'm a patient person, but I want to get this over with cause I'm getting kicked out on my 18th birthday.. Some family.
Is there an average wait time, or..?

I have been in the process for 14 months. You might be in for a bit of a wait bud. Best of luck!

Medtech45 said:
Congrats! I've been merit listed since March, waiting on offer! Maybe we will end up attending BMQ together.

Maybe!!! :) Provided my testing and medical and interview all go as planned... lol. I'm actually pretty nervous!

Study hard, CFAT is not a simple undertaking.  For the interview, know all the ins and out of your trade selections.  Good luck!

Medtech45 said:
Study hard, CFAT is not a simple undertaking.  For the interview, know all the ins and out of your trade selections.  Good luck!

I plan on it! Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back