• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally got my dates my ACS!

Recruiting Center: CFRC Sydney
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Entry Plan: DEO
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: ACSO
Trade Choice 3: AEC
Application Date: December 4th, 2012
Date Application Sent To Sydney: January 16th, 2013
First Contact: January 21st, 2013
CFAT/TSD: January 22nd, 2013
Interview: January 28th, 2013
Medical: January 28th, 2013
ACSO Test: February 18th, 2013
Aircrew selection: April 28th-May 3rd, 2013
Merit Listed: ?
Position Offered: ?
Enrollment/Swear in: ?
BMOQ Begins: ?

Hi all,

I've been a long time viewer of this page, first time poster. First off, I'd like to thank you all for the insight and wisdom you've all brought me in my application process.

Recruting Center: Edmonton
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Vehicle Technician
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Application Date: 18SEP12
First Contact: 15OCT12
Medical completed : 27FEB13
CFAT Completed: 27FEB13
Interview completed: 27FEB13
Merit Listed: 11MAR13
Position Offered: Waiting...
BMQ Date: Waiting...

Best of luck to all others applying and waiting right now as well!

Recruiting Centre: Barrie, Ontario
Trade Choice 1: Medical Technician
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: October 30, 2012
Date Application sent to Barrie: December 6, 2012
Application email sent from RC to wrong address:  December 17, 2012
Realized the mistake:  January 23, 2013
CFAT completed :  April 2nd, 2013
PLAR completed:  April 11, 2013
Interview completed:
Medical completed:
Merit listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins: not soon enough.

Recruiting Center: Toronto, Ontario
Regular/Reserve: Primary Reserves
Unit: Lorne Scots A Coy Company
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Armoured Infantry
Trade Choice 3: Military Police
Application Date: April 01, 2013
First Contact: April 01, 2013
CFAT Date: April 15th, 2013
Test Dates Confirmed: (interview/medical)  -
Tests Completed: -
Position Offered:  -
Basic Training Begins:  -

Loachman said:
No such occupation exists in the CF.

That's what the trade was called for a long time on the forces website. They must have recently changed it to armoured soldier. I don't think it's too hard to understand what he meant though...

Bassil_Inf said:
Trade Choice 2: Armoured Infantry
Trade Choice 3: Military Police
CFAT Date: April 15th, 2013
Tests Completed: -

Good luck on Monday!

Thank you haha, I am happy because Im being processed fast haha, Cfat booked same day I applied 2 weeks later ;) I can't wait for monday!

If you are applying to the Lorne Scotts - all they have is Infantry - not the other 2... FYI

Yes I know that. I just put the other two to fill in the box's, those are my options for my future Reg Force career. I know that lorne scots is strictly Infantry which is what I want. ;)

Bassil_Inf said:

Just a FYI,  Coy means Company.  Kind of redundant to say Company twice

Good luck with the application process.  Would suck to have to change your username if you didn't get picked up for Infantry  :p

Sawb22 said:
That's what the trade was called for a long time on the forces website. They must have recently changed it to armoured soldier. I don't think it's too hard to understand what he meant though...

What website was it listed as Armoured Infantry? forces.gc.ca ?  AFAIK every time I was on the forces.gc.ca website it said Armoured Soldier.

Bassil_Inf said:
Yes I know that. I just put the other two to fill in the box's, those are my options for my future Reg Force career. I know that lorne scots is strictly Infantry which is what I want. ;)

The Lorne Scots is a Reserve unit... So if you are applying to the Regular Force you will not be going to the Lorne Scots. Alternatively, if you're applying to the Reserves as Infantry with the Lorne Scots then you cannot apply for Armoured Soldier in the Regular Force.

If you want to apply to the Regular Force, your Reserve application will be closed, and vice versa.

The fact that you filled out the other boxes is just going to make the CFRC get you to change the paperwork again and tell you to "make up your mind" as you can only select one for the Reserves. It's by unit, not by trade.

-Skeletor- said:
What website was it listed as Armoured Infantry? forces.gc.ca ?  AFAIK every time I was on the forces.gc.ca website it said Armoured Soldier.

Maybe I read it somewhere else or am just losing my mind but armoured infantry sounds very familiar and I swear it was on the forces website. If I am wrong I still think it was pretty obvious what he was saying.

Sawb22 said:
Maybe I read it somewhere else or am just losing my mind but armoured infantry sounds very familiar and I swear it was on the forces website. If I am wrong I still think it was pretty obvious what he was saying.

Never existed. On wikipedia some battalions of infantry regiments are "mechanized infantry" but never has anything called "armoured infantry" ever existed. Armoured Soldier is even an incorrect trade term now as it's been converted over to Crewman or Armoured Crewman.

PrairieThunder said:
The Lorne Scots is a Reserve unit... So if you are applying to the Regular Force you will not be going to the Lorne Scots. Alternatively, if you're applying to the Reserves as Infantry with the Lorne Scots then you cannot apply for Armoured Soldier in the Regular Force.

If you want to apply to the Regular Force, your Reserve application will be closed, and vice versa.

The fact that you filled out the other boxes is just going to make the CFRC get you to change the paperwork again and tell you to "make up your mind" as you can only select one for the Reserves. It's by unit, not by trade.

Hey mate you have it all confused. Im applying to the RESERVES as an infanteer to the Lorne Scots A coy. I said i intend to join reg force after finishing university (component transfer) as an NCM, and I look forward in pursing a combat arms trade in the reg force.

Just an UPDATE - I passed my CFAT , they told me I qualify for all NCM trades except Flight Engineer. I got what I wanted (Infantry) :)

I am booked for a PRESEC thursday since I have a dual citizenship with the United States, but I didn't live there at all, I was literally born there than moved to Canada and resided here my whole life, Any heads up on what might be going on?

CFAT Date: April 15th, 2013 (Completed and passed)
PRESEC: Thursday April 18th
Tests Completed: -  CFAT

Just wrote the CFAT this morning and passed.  Booked medical so far, just waiting on background to be completed before booking the interview.

Recruiting centre: Oshawa
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Entry Plan: DEO
Trade choice 1: Pilot
Trade choice 2: -
Trade choice 3: -
Applied: Dec 17, 2012
CFAT: Apr 16, 2013
Medical: Apr 23, 2013
Interview: -
ASC: -
Merit listed: -
Position offered: -
Enrollment/swearing in: -
BMOQ: -

Called for an update on my application today, since it's been almost a month since I handed in the security forms and haven't heard anything. The recruiter told me that I'm in queue to be scheduled for the cfat, and that I will be writing it shortly, within a month!! Could not be happier with how things are progressing. At least I know it's for sure that I will be writing!!

Recruiting Centre: Ottawa, Ontario
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: February 17th, 2013
Date Application sent to Ottawa: February 28th, 2013
First Contact from Ottawa: March 20th, 2013 (Emailed me my security forms to fill out)
Forms brought in to Ottawa: March 21, 2013.
CFAT Completed :
Interview completed:
Medical Completed:
Merit listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins:

Tiffany0x said:
Called for an update on my application today, since it's been almost a month since I handed in the security forms and haven't heard anything. The recruiter told me that I'm in queue to be scheduled for the cfat, and that I will be writing it shortly, within a month!! Could not be happier with how things are progressing. At least I know it's for sure that I will be writing!!

Recruiting Centre: Ottawa, Ontario
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: February 17th, 2013
Date Application sent to Ottawa: February 28th, 2013
First Contact from Ottawa: March 20th, 2013 (Emailed me my security forms to fill out)
Forms brought in to Ottawa: March 21, 2013.
CFAT Completed :
Interview completed:
Medical Completed:
Merit listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins:

Are you applying for NCMSEP or Direct entry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back