• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tiffany0x said:
Just got called, best news ever! CFAT, Medical, and Interview Scheduled all in one day. Come on May 13th!

Got my medical and interview on the 14th so I feel the same way! Cant come soon enough!

Recruiting Center: CFRC Victoria
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Officer/NCM: NCM
Unit: Canadian Scottish Regiment
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: -
Application Date: February 15th, 2013
Sent in documents/paperwork: February 15th, 2013
Aptitude Test: April 17th, 2013 (Passed)
Medical: April 17th, 2013 (Passed)
Interview:April 17th, 2013 (Passed)
Fitness Test: April 24th, 2013 (Passed)
Enrollment/Swear in: Waiting for the phone call from my unit :)
BMQ Begins: I've been informed that it will be possible to do BMQ this summer.

JSee_84 said:
Hey everyone - been checking out the forum for a few days now... figured I may as well post up my progress so here it is:

Recruting Center: CFRC Victoria
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Med Tech
Trade Choice 2: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: Feb 27, 2013
First Contact: Mar 14, 2013
Med, aptitude completed : Booked for March 27, 2013
Update: Aptitude completed, was told 'you did great, nothing to worry about'. Med Eval had to be rescheduled as it was originally booked the same day - but was completed on April 2, 2013. Need to get a few forms signed by a Physician/Optometrist and now awaiting the Fitness Testing Officer to contact me and book me in for my Physicial Fitness Evaluation.
PT Test completed: TBD
Interview completed: TBD
Position Offered: TBD
Basic Training Begins: TBD

Its been a lot of back and forth with the recruiting office, as well as the recruiting officers at 11 Fd Amb in preparing the application. I've been vibrating with excitement (and a little bit of nervousness as I've only returned to school recently to do some upgrading and prep for what's to come...) for the CFAT, but with positive thoughts and the opportunity to move forward with a stable/NEW career, I'm looking forward to each step of the process!

From those of you that have undergone the aptitude testing already, any tips for preparing would be greatly appreciated! I just received my email from the recruiting office a few hours ago and will be checking the resources/outline for preparation that they've provided but any extra help is greatly appreciated!

Well, another update, had to reschedule my Mar 27th fitness evaluation to May 11 and not 100% sure yet I'll be cleared to do it then. Was in a bad motorcycle accident just outside of Victoria, this Sunday April 21. Have been suffering headaches from a concussion and they're investigating possible damage to my rotator cuff as my bike and I were thrown in the air after another rider did a u turn in front of me as I was exiting a blind corner just past blueberry flats, headed back to Victoria. Other rider was worse off than I was with a broken clavicle.

The shoulder is on the mend but still has an pinching sensation when arm is extended over my head but hoping to start training again and alternate with some physio to see if I can't get it back to normal, as soon as the headaches subside. Day 5 of them and I'm ready for them to be over so I can continue, otherwise may have to face calling the whole pursuit of a military career, DOA. I'm hoping that its just some inflammation and that it will get back to normal with some time and not have to go the surgical route but time will tell...

Wish me luck!

Recruiting Center:Victoria
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 2: Combat engineer
Application Date: November 19, 2012
First Contact: December 5,2012
File transferred to Victoria : April 24, 2013
CFAT completed:
Med completed :
Interview completed:
Position Offered:
BMQ Begins:

Just sent in my paperwork for my reference check and criminal record check on wednesday hope to hear back from the recruiter in a week or so

I need help. My application process is taking longer than 1 year because of my medical. I was depressed and had several issues as a young teenager and the Senior Medical Technician seems to be annoyed with all the work he has to go through. He asked for document from my doctor and made another request for a musculoskeletal examination and it turned out there wasn't and issues. I sent everything in by mail to recieve a letter stating that i have several chronic medical issues. I call the medical technician back and he tells me that the reason it was sent back was because the information i sent wasn't from a doctor that i have known for longer than 1 month, even though all the information i sent him was regarding a post evaluation of my mental statues, and a musculoskeletal examination report stating that there were no issues. So why the **** im i being told i have chronic medical conditions. He now wants me to get more mental evaluations, i am seriously mad because this guy just doesnt want to report good information about me. I was thinking of suing for racial discrimination but before that is there anyone i can speak to maybe have them look at my file.

sandman234567 said:
I need help. My application process is taking longer than 1 year because of my medical. I was depressed and had several issues as a young teenager and the Senior Medical Technician seems to be annoyed with all the work he has to go through. He asked for document from my doctor and made another request for a musculoskeletal examination and it turned out there wasn't and issues. I sent everything in by mail to recieve a letter stating that i have several chronic medical issues. I call the medical technician back and he tells me that the reason it was sent back was because the information i sent wasn't from a doctor that i have known for longer than 1 month, even though all the information i sent him was regarding a post evaluation of my mental statues, and a musculoskeletal examination report stating that there were no issues. So why the **** im i being told i have chronic medical conditions. He now wants me to get more mental evaluations, i am seriously mad because this guy just doesnt want to report good information about me. I was thinking of suing for racial discrimination but before that is there anyone i can speak to maybe have them look at my file.

I have serious doubts that the Snr Med Tech is doing this for shits and giggles.  You think he makes up the rules?

A year?  Try reading some of the other application samples here.  A year is nothing.  ::)

sandman234567 said:
I need help. My application process is taking longer than 1 year because of my medical.

Two questions.....

You have been having this problem for "1 year" and you are just now here on Army.ca?

Because of my "medical"?

:facepalm:

sandman234567 said:
I was thinking of suing for racial discrimination.

I'd just like to thank you for making my day. Simply HILARIOUS!!!

Anyways, assuming that there is nothing seriously wrong with you (medical wise), you certainly wouldn't be the first person who has been screwed over due to something like this during the application process. You should also realize that waiting for one year is substantially less than the amount of time others have spent. If you don't believe me, read a handful of the threads on this site.

sandman234567 said:
thinking of suing for racial discrimination

Who are you going to sue?  The Med Tech, the CFRC?  Also,  why do you automatically assume racial discrimination?  Ever thought delays could be normal,  especially for someone with some past medical issues?  I'm pretty confident that the Med Tech isn't trying to screw you over just for kicks because he supposedly doesn't like you.  He is just following protocols. 

No doubt,  waiting this long, etc sucks;  but it is what it is.  Just follow the direction given by the CFRC and have the forms filled out, etc.  If it needs to be done by a Dr you have known for over a month, just get a Dr you have known for over a month to fill it out.  I'm sure once the medical paperwork is submitted and assuming it meets the requirements it will be reviewed and not turned away like last time.  Something about your medical history is causing things to slow down for you;  it isn't CFRC staff trying to intentionally screw you over.

As for who to contact to talk about all this,  have you tried speaking with someone else at the CFRC? 

sandman234567 said:
is there anyone i can speak to maybe have them look at my file.

Can someone in the CF at least answer his question even if he is coming off rude and out of line? The time he is waiting isn't an issue, because whether it has been 1 month or 1 year, it doesn't look like his application is going anywhere no matter how long he waits. Is there a commanding officer he can submit a grievance to in order to get a review of his file?

Sandman, do you have any active medical issues at all? Are you taking any medication? Do you consider yourself 100% healthy with no medical concerns at all? When is the last time you sought a doctor or took medication for medical concerns? You don't have to answer this obviously, but it might help us to explain to why they are making the decisions that they are.

Attempting to sue anyone for racial discrimination would be a waste of everyone's time. If you don't have a 100% clean medical history, the courts will side with the CF. Not only would it be a waste of time, but there is just no need for it. The Canadian Forces wants to give everyone a fair chance at joining if they legitimately meet all the standards and qualifications. They have already invested a lot of time and money getting you to the point you are at, so to think they just want to disqualify you for something petty like your ethnicity/race is unreasonable.

An official grievance can take another 1-2 years from start to finish though, just so you are aware if you do want to go that route. You may also want to consider dropping your application for now, getting as healthy as possible, staying with the same doctor, and then applying again in the future. With more information and the same doctor for a while, they might return with a more favorable response.

JM2345 said:
Can someone in the CF at least answer his question even if he is coming off rude and out of line? The time he is waiting isn't an issue, because whether it has been 1 month or 1 year, it doesn't look like his application is going anywhere no matter how long he waits. Is there a commanding officer he can submit a grievance to in order to get a review of his file?

He pretty much answered his own question.  His file is currently active, or so he says and there are apparently "medical issues" which came up during the process and need to be addressed.

Not much more can be done at this point...

I got pretty excited when I saw new posts on the application samples page. Hoping it was people with good news that their application was moving along or they got offers.

Pretty sure the OP should have made a new thread and kept this thread to just the application samples.

To the OP, maybe you should just have your file moved to another RC to get another opinion if you are that concerned?

Ducam said:
To the OP, maybe you should just have your file moved to another RC to get another opinion if you are that concerned?

If the issue is the medical, moving RC's won't do anything - the issue is now between the Recruit Medical Office and the applicant, with the Senior Medical Technician at the RC as go between.

MM

Gotcha, I was reading it as he was seeing a medical doctor at the RC and he was thinking that the problem was there.

Anyways I hope we can get back to application samples here. This board has been very silent for a while now

I keep checking back too in the hopes that other people are moving along! I'm still awaiting May 13th for my cfat, medical and interview! Less than 2 weeks now...

Tiffany0x said:
I keep checking back too in the hopes that other people are moving along! I'm still awaiting May 13th for my cfat, medical and interview! Less than 2 weeks now...

Good luck on the CFAT. Study up and prepare. A good place to study from is Police Prep. The text book can be picked up from any chapters for pretty cheap. Good sample questions to practice as well as syllogisms and pattern solving. I used that along with a for dummies book to practice for the CFAT and I did well.

Recruiting Center: CFRC Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Application Date: September 09, 2012
Sent in documents/paperwork: October 15, 2012
Transferred to CFRC Toronto: April 19, 2013
Aptitude Test: May 28, 2013
Medical:
Interview:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMQ Begins:

* just got my Aptitude Test booked this morning

Still waiting for May 14th. Interview and medical. Spent some time preparing myself for the interview. Thanks to the forum ive been able to get a feel for the questions that will be asked. Contacting my doctor this week to get my medical records to I can insure I have all the information I need. Recently posted in regards to my credit check. spent the last week contacting banks to see if someone would give me a loan to help pay off my debts and no good news yet. Still trying to get it all figured out. Thanks everyone and good luck to all applicants. Will post again when I hear some news.

Also, had a good laugh at the guy trying to the sue the CF for racial discrimination when he has medical problems. Thanks for that one guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back