• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
PrairieThunder said:
Never existed. On wikipedia some battalions of infantry regiments are "mechanized infantry" but never has anything called "armoured infantry" ever existed. Armoured Soldier is even an incorrect trade term now as it's been converted over to Crewman or Armoured Crewman.

Could be he's referring to armoured recce. That's what my ex did, but he's just armoured in that section. Not a specific armoured recce trade.

I'm somewhat jealous of my friend that applied for 2 Tech trades and infantry, and his application was transferred to Vancouver... mine hasn't yet an mine was done before his  :-\ haha but good for him  :nod:...

Tifanny0x, if you are already a nurse, then why a med tech and not nursing officer if I may ask?

Medtech45 said:
Tifanny0x, if you are already a nurse, then why a med tech and not nursing officer if I may ask?

"Just applied a couple of days ago! I also applied for ROTP Nursing Officer (I'm an LPN / RPN right now "nurse") but med tech is my first choice."
See Reply #3582.

Medtech45 said:

As above :) plus, I prefer the job of a med tech.

Recruiting centre: Halifax
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Entry Plan: ROTP
Trade choice 1: Nursing Officer
Trade choice 2: -
Trade choice 3: -
Applied: Oct 30, 2012
CFAT: Dec 12, 2013
Medical: Dec 12, 2013
Interview: Dec 12, 2013
Deemed Medically Fit by Ottawa: Jan 23, 2013
Merit listed: Late Jan- Early Feb, 2013
Position offered: Apr 17, 2013
Enrollment/swearing in: ?

Congratulations nursekatrina, thank you for letting us know how that worked out for you. Good luck with everything.

Recruiting centre: Thunder Bay
Officer/NCM: NCM
Entry Plan: Direct Semi Skilled
Trade choice 1: Medical Technician
Trade choice 2: -
Trade choice 3: -
Applied: Oct 16, 2012
CFAT: Feb 26, 2013
Medical: Feb 26, 2013
Interview: Feb 26, 2013
Deemed Medically Fit by Ottawa: March 2013
Merit listed: March 18, 2013
Position offered: ?

Anyone know when the selection board meets for med tech selection?

Recruiting centre: Hamilton
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade choice 2: Cook
Applied: April 17 2013
CFAT: Wrote a few years back
Medical: May 14, 2013
Interview: May 14, 2013
Merit listed: ?
Position offered: ?

The only thing I'm worried about is that I have approx. 3500 in debt and bad credit. I hope it doesn't effect my application as this is all I've ever wanted.

Jonas,

How is it that you applied yesterday and got your medical and interview book already?

Recruiting Centre: Victoria, BC
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: Maritime Surface & Sub-Surface
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: January 10, 2013
Date Application sent to Victoria: February 14, 2013
CFAT Completed : March 17, 2013 (PASS)
Interview completed: April 11, 2013
Medical Completed: March 17,2013 (PASS - waiting on Ottawa to sign-off)
Position offered:
Swearing in:

Just an update: I just did my interview and they said I would be competitive. Still waiting for Ottawa to sign-off on my medical in the next few days. They are doing all my reference checks right now as well. I also just finished my last exam yesterday for my BSc. It seems that I am slowly but surely getting there.

Mark

Recruiting centre: Ottawa, ON
Trade choice 1: ACSO
Trade choice 2: Pilot
Applied: April 09 2013
First contact:
CFAT: Feb 2006
Medical:
Interview:
ACSO Test:
Merit listed:
Position offered:
swearing in:
BMOQ:

Anyone know if my CFAT will still be valid or whether I'll have to take it again?

Stiman said:
Anyone know if my CFAT will still be valid or whether I'll have to take it again?

Still valid.  At some point in time, once your application reaches your CFRC for continued processing, you may want to bring up the subject of CFAT and ask how you scored.  If you "think" you can do better, you can discuss a possible "re-write" to try and improve your scores.

BUT........be fore warned!!!!!  It's the last score that counts, so if you should be granted a re-write and score less than your original, it's could create an issue.

Good luck...

Thank you DAA.

Back when I took the CFAT, I qualified for Pilot and ACSO. Which means I most certainly don't want to take it again and risk a lower score ;)

Stiman said:
Jonas,

How is it that you applied yesterday and got your medical and interview book already?

Been in the process for several months and there was an error on my paperwork so I went in yesterday to fix it and they booked me an interview and medical.

Still wondering if anyone can answer the question in regards to my debt.

Thanks

jonas0828 said:
Still wondering if anyone can answer the question in regards to my debt.

You may find some answers here.

The Recruiting Process > The Credit Check Superthread- Merged Topics
http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/13319.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back