• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I've been seeing a number of posts recently referring to selection dates for trades.  Should I be inquiring about this at my CFRC or is this information found elsewhere on the internet?  Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

commandersdaughter said:
Hello,

I've been seeing a number of posts recently referring to selection dates for trades.  Should I be inquiring about this at my CFRC or is this information found elsewhere on the internet?  Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.
http://forums.army.ca/forums/Smileys/Armyca/smiley.gif
Yes, you should inquire with your CFRC. Unfortunately selection dates are not posted by the CF publicly and if they are, that's news to me. The dates can be very sporadic at times depending on the occupation trade and the needs of the CF in general. Usually when a selection date is set, the CFRC will be informed after which, they can then tell you the selection date statuses you are interested in. Best of Luck  :)

JSee_84 said:
Hey everyone - been checking out the forum for a few days now... figured I may as well post up my progress so here it is:

Recruting Center: CFRC Victoria
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Med Tech
Trade Choice 2: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: Feb 27, 2013
First Contact: Mar 14, 2013
Med, aptitude completed : Booked for March 27, 2013
Update: Aptitude completed, was told 'you did great, nothing to worry about'. Med Eval had to be rescheduled as it was originally booked the same day - but was completed on April 2, 2013. Need to get a few forms signed by a Physician/Optometrist and now awaiting the Fitness Testing Officer to contact me and book me in for my Physicial Fitness Evaluation.
PT Test completed: TBD
Interview completed: TBD
Position Offered: TBD
Basic Training Begins: TBD

Its been a lot of back and forth with the recruiting office, as well as the recruiting officers at 11 Fd Amb in preparing the application. I've been vibrating with excitement (and a little bit of nervousness as I've only returned to school recently to do some upgrading and prep for what's to come...) for the CFAT, but with positive thoughts and the opportunity to move forward with a stable/NEW career, I'm looking forward to each step of the process!

From those of you that have undergone the aptitude testing already, any tips for preparing would be greatly appreciated! I just received my email from the recruiting office a few hours ago and will be checking the resources/outline for preparation that they've provided but any extra help is greatly appreciated! :)

Thanks for the update JSee_84, glad to see things are moving forward for you. Hope to see more positive updates from others and for myself over the coming weeks.

Sawb22 said:
Recruiting Centre: Regina, Sk
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Trade Choice 1: AVN
Trade Choice 2: AVS
Trade Choice 3: ACS
Online Application Date: January 12 , 2013
First contact: February 26 2013, application sent to Regina
CFAT Completed : 2008, previous application
Forms brought in to Regina: March 26 2013
Interview completed: April 3 2013 (avn/avs)
Medical Completed: Part 1: April 3 2013, Part 2:
Merit listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins:

First half of the medical is done, still waiting on my old documents to complete the rest. In the mean time I am getting a form from my optometrist filled out and have booked an appointment with my doctor to get a fit note to avoid any delays based on my history. Interview was short and easy, he was also very in depth into my trade choices compared to my last interview. I found out there is over 150 positions available for avs and over 75 for avn and less than 30 applicants between the two. To top it off he showed me that I will rank in the top of the merit list so things should happen pretty fast :)

So I applied this morning online, and this afternoon faxed all my transcripts and my birth certificate to the 705 area code (Ontario) fax number for the virtual recruit centre. I suppose it takes a few weeks before I'll get a response?

Do they respond by email or by phone? Thanks, everyone.

They got back to me by email. My first contact was an email saying my file was being transferred to my local office, and yes it may take a few weeks.

Guelph said:
So I applied this morning online, and this afternoon faxed all my transcripts and my birth certificate to the 705 area code (Ontario) fax number for the virtual recruit centre. I suppose it takes a few weeks before I'll get a response?

Do they respond by email or by phone? Thanks, everyone.

Should be about 2-3 weeks at least until you get a reply from them. The first reply will be by email unless there is some weird circumstance, but should be by email. This is generally the experience of most people on this forum anyways. If you don't hear from them in 2 weeks, it wont hurt for you to call or email them, and just ask if there is any update on your file and to double check they got all the paperwork they need from you. They have had all my documents for 11 days and the only response I got from them was just to wait im in the processing queue, first come first served. I will update when I get a reply, so that should give you an idea how fast it was.

Thanks, guys! I appreciate it. Now I'll sit back and let the wheels turn.

Hey, I took that test with you on the 27th! Good job for doing well...they said the same for me. I'm going for MARS.

Good Luck

I have been going through the application process for rotp close to 6 months. I was told that my file has been sent to Ottawa 2 weeks ago. What is the next step and about how long until it happens. I'm just curious if anyone else has experiences similar to mine. Oh and I haven't had an interview yet.  I appreciate all input thanks in advance.

synopsis said:
I have been going through the application process for rotp close to 6 months. I was told that my file has been sent to Ottawa 2 weeks ago. What is the next step and about how long until it happens. I'm just curious if anyone else has experiences similar to mine. Oh and I haven't had an interview yet.  I appreciate all input thanks in advance.

What have you done thus far, then I can probably answer your question better?

M

I have done my cfat and my medical so far. I have handed in my reliability forms long ago as well.

synopsis said:
I have done my cfat and my medical so far. I have handed in my reliability forms long ago as well.

It is always difficult to say how long it will take, because it is dependent on many different factors. For example, for your medical, once you are done your physical testing such as hearing, visual acuity, medical history etc..., your local recruiting center will send your information to Ottawa. There are specific personnel who review all medical files of CF applicants. They have to determine whether or not a person is medically fit and suited for a specific trade or trades. It usually takes 4 weeks for the medical to be returned back to one's recruiting center. If Ottawa has issues with your medical...they may ask you to give more information or signed doctor's approval of specific aspects regarding your medical fitness.

The CFAT is a general test that usually 'weeds out' those people who are not suited for specific trades (the one's the applicant has applied for), officer candidate eligibility, and/or the CF in general. This test is usually done first, as it would be a waste of time to grant someone an interview, or medical review or reliability screening if they can't pass the CFAT.

Reliability screening depends on many factors. First off, it is done usually once your CFAT and medical are done, your local recruiting center will do an initial assessment and then send it on to other CF personnel who may look deeper and check other information. Is your credit ok? do you have a criminal record? ... information of past history and experience also come into play. Bottom line for reliability screening is, don't give them a reason to look deeper into your past history. Issues during this process can cause unwanted delays in your application moving forward.

Despite the fact your have handed in your reliability forms early does not necessarily mean they started the screening process at that time. Like I said, they usually start it after your initial testing of CFAT and medical.

Some people have been waiting a lot longer than 6 months. The most important aspect in your application is that it is moving forward. You don't want to see your application process become static in progression. ROTP can be competitive right now due to the positive benefits one receives for joining that program.

In terms of your original question of how long exactly - no one can say for certain...keep active in your application process and I wish you luck!

M

holieee said:
Recruiting Center: CFRC Winnipeg
Trade Choice 1: Dental Technician
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: November 19, 2012
First Contact: November 21, 2012
Aptitude Test: December 06, 2012
Interview: December 06, 2012 April 04, 2013
Medical: December 06, 2012
Merit Listed: February 26th
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMQ Begins:

I had to go back and redo my interview as I hadn't done the personality trait descriptive test the last time. Now I'm properly merit listed again under the new standards... Hopefully this is the end of the processing.

Unfortunately I do have a tarnished past. My credit is ok now but I do have a criminal record from seven years ago. I have been honest and upfront with the recruiter. I had to get fingerprinting done and hand them in to the recruiting center about 4 months ago. I know that affects timeline and chances of being accepted. I was told that I scored very well on cfat and that my app was "favourable"(but that was months ago). Thank you. I do appreciate your input.

For reference, you can check my profile anytime for updates. For now, it's:

Recruiting Center: CFRC Hamilton
Application Date: April 4, 2013
First Contact:
Aptitude Test:
Interview:
Medical:
Merit Listed:
Position Offered:
Enrollment/Swear in:
BMQ Begins:My Application Process:

Regular/Reserve:Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: ArmourTrade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: Feb 27, 2012
First Contact: Mar 13 2012
Med, aptitude completed : Mar 27 2012
Interview completed: April 29 2012
Position Offered: Armour
Basic Training Begins: Sept 16

I'm so excited!

newguy91 said:
Regular/Reserve:Regular
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: ArmourTrade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: Feb 27, 2012
First Contact: Mar 13 2012
Med, aptitude completed : Mar 27 2012
Interview completed: April 29 2012
Position Offered: Armour
Basic Training Begins: Sept 16

I'm so excited!

I'm in Victoria right now going for DEO MARS. I am guessing you are DEO as well. Is September the 16th the next BMOQ for DEO?
M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back