• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting Center: Calgary/Online
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: ACISS
Trade Choice 2: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: August 4/12
First Contact: November Sometime
Med, aptitude completed : Aptitude completed nov 21
PT Test completed:
Interview completed:
Position Offered:
Basic Training Begins:

So I thought I would give a little insight into my whole journey with the application process, I applied back in Aug of 2012 online and everything moved pretty quickly getting my Interview/Medical and Aptitude test all scheduled in for the 21st of November. My recruiter said I had a very strong application and was considering it very heavily... Only thing I had screwed up on was telling the whole truth on my little drug sheet. He froze my application in the middle of my interview due to substance abuse for 3 months. What a shitty feeling that was. Long story short I guess telling the truth paid off when I got a surprising call early today from him saying they would like to move on and schedule a second interview/medical. Moral of the story kids... Tell the truth during your whole process, it may bite you in the ass but by telling the truth and owning up to mistakes in the past your character will never be judged.

Safe to say I am pretty excited to get the ball rolling again.  :) 

Recruiting Center: Edmonton/Online
Trade Choice 1: Crewman (Army)
Trade Choice 2: Artillery Soldier
Trade Choice 3: Infantry Soldier
Application Date: September 2012
First Contact: October 2012
Med, aptitude completed : Have not done yet file is in processing
PT Test completed:
Interview completed:
Position Offered:
Basic Training Begins:

I am being very patient with the CF. I decided when I graduated Highschool in 2012 that I wanted to join. Since March of 2012 (When I first applied) some policies have changed or something of the sort and I had to re-apply. I had my medical and aptitude test booked for August 13th 2012 but it got cancelled a week before because of my score being too low (3/5). When I applied in September I made sure (after speaking to a recruiter face to face) to add ALL of my current certifications/courses/awards/volunteer work. I was informed in October that my score is now a 5/5.  Waited a month because they needed my highschool transcripts and they were late coming into the mail. Once I got those I sent them in (early november). In late Janurary I got an email with the forms I needed to fill out and fax (Pre-security Data verification PSCA). Got that done within 3 days. Got confirmation in early Feburary (2 weeks later). I gave them a call about a week ago and answered the questions they needed to ask me. Last week my file was sent to processing.  ;D

It has been a long process but I can not wait to add my BMQ date up there hopefully soon!

Recruiting Centre: Oshawa
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: January, 2012
First Contact: May, 2012
Med, aptitude completed : May, 2012
Interview completed: May, 2012
Aircrew Selection completed: June, 2012
*False reading during eye exam resulted in delay of air factor, file missed last DEO selection in October. Cleared up shortly thereafter.
Position Offered: March, 2013
BMOQ Begins: April 29, 2013

This has been an amazing journey so far; and, I look forward to taking the next steps -- there's a long way to go! Congratulations to the other candidates who are heading out to St. Jean soon. To those of you still waiting, I wish you the best of luck and hope you get the news you've been waiting for.

Recruiting Centre: Hamilton
Trade Choice 1: Firefighter (Not Considered)
Trade Choice 2: Vehicle Tech
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: December , 2012
First Contact: January, 2013
Med, aptitude completed : February 2013
Interview completed: Coming up in a few weeks ( March 2013 )
Position Offered: -
BMQ Begins: -

First time applying and so far there have been no issues or delays (fingers crossed it stays that way). Interview coming up quickly in two weeks. I'm being considered for Vehicle Tech and couldn't be happier  ;D

Good luck to everyone going through the process!

Recruiting Center: Sherbrooke, Qc
Trade Choice 1: Pilot
Trade Choice 2: Inf O
Trade Choice 3: Log O (Land)
Application Date: October 2, 2012 (in person at the CFRC)
First Contact: October 2, 2012
CFAT: October 16, 2012
Medical: October 23, 2012 (General tests) / November 7, 2012 (Blood samples and Vision)
Interviews: December 11, 2012 (Pilot) / January 29, 2013 (Inf O and Log O)
ASC / CAPSS: January 7 - 10, 2013
TSD Test: January 29, 2013
Merit Listed: January 29, 2013
Position offered: March 13, 2013 (Inf O)
BMOQ begins: May 11, 2013 (French Platoon 0015)

Can't wait to serve my country, the process went very fast, can't complain about anything. I failed to get in for Pilot but this is for the best, Infantry was my childhood dream.

If you are on the same platoon for BMOQ, PM me, it would be good to know some people before going to St-Jean!

Hey everyone - been checking out the forum for a few days now... figured I may as well post up my progress so here it is:

Recruting Center: CFRC Victoria
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Med Tech
Trade Choice 2: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: Feb 27, 2013
First Contact: Mar 14, 2013
Med, aptitude completed : Booked for March 27, 2013
PT Test completed: TBD
Interview completed: TBD
Position Offered: TBD
Basic Training Begins: TBD

Its been a lot of back and forth with the recruiting office, as well as the recruiting officers at 11 Fd Amb in preparing the application. I've been vibrating with excitement (and a little bit of nervousness as I've only returned to school recently to do some upgrading and prep for what's to come...) for the CFAT, but with positive thoughts and the opportunity to move forward with a stable/NEW career, I'm looking forward to each step of the process!

From those of you that have undergone the aptitude testing already, any tips for preparing would be greatly appreciated! I just received my email from the recruiting office a few hours ago and will be checking the resources/outline for preparation that they've provided but any extra help is greatly appreciated! :)

Noctis said:
They have an automated system that takes pictures of your body and determines which (if any) aircraft you will fit in. This is based on body dimensions.  Per-se, they will not discriminate against you because you are tall. However, if the system finds you too tall to fit, say, in the Harvard, you will not be hired as you cannot fit in the training craft.
Likewise, if you can fit in the Harvard but not the Hornet, after Phase 2 you will likely find yourself in a multi-engine or rotary wing position. Just gotta fit in that Harvard!

Got to fit in the Grob.  Harvard is the Phase 2 training plane, but the Grob is the Primary Flight Trainer.  Measurements are 96 cm bench to top of head and 62.5 cm from back of bench to front of knees.

I was considered too tall but I am going through an appeal process and I may get the chance to travel to Portage la Prairie to do a seat check in an actual Grob.

I posted this in the Reference Super Thread but haven't gotten a reply. I know more people view this thread and I might get some kind of answer even though this isn't totally relevant to the thread.

I applied at the Toronto Office and was told that Garda Security will be doing the reference and background checks.

I completed my interview and medical February 26th and my interviewer, a Lieutenant, informed me that if my background hadn't already begun then it would be starting very soon.
He also informed me that I was a competitive civilian candidate with no real skill sets which can be applied to my chosen trades; Infantry, Armoured and Artillery.

When I called back two weeks later to verify my reference contact numbers due to an office move I was told that my file was still being held by the Lieutenant.

Not sure why I would be told my background would have been started if my file hadn't been moved to Garda? Do they need to hear back from Ottawa about my medical before sending the file to Garda?

Not sure if you can provide any insight on this but I did inform the Lieutenant I was getting married on May 31st of this year and he told me that I didn't have to accept my first offer due to the fact that I'm getting married and cannot change that now.

The way I see it he is holding onto my file a bit longer to slow the background process so once I am merit listed and get a call I can accept my offer as basic would begin after my wedding.

Would my assumption seem accurate?

Does Garda do the reference checks or do they just look into the criminal background checks and financial investigation?

Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Trade Choice 1: Engineer (Army)
Application Date: Summer 2009 (first); June 2012 (latest)
CFAT Completed : September 2009
Medical Completed : October 5th 2012
Interview Completed : October 15th 2012
Pre-Security Clearance: November 2nd 2012
Merit Listed: November 5th 2012
Position offered: Engineer (Army)
Basic Officer Training Begins: April 29th 2013

Maybe posting this will get me some luck! :)

Recruiting Centre: Fredericton, NB
Trade Choice 1: MP (Military Police)
Trade Choice 2: Int Op
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: March 2013 (Online)
CFAT Completed : A loooong time ago, 2009 I believe.
Interview completed:
Medical Completed:
MPAC:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins:

Good luck to all of you!

Recruiting Centre: Ottawa, Ontario
Trade Choice 1: Medical Technician
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: February 17th, 2013
Date Application sent to Ottawa: February 28th, 2013
First Contact from Ottawa: March 20th, 2013 (Emailed me my security forms to fill out)
Forms brought in to Ottawa:
CFAT Completed :
Interview completed:
Medical Completed:
Merit listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins:

Recruiting Centre: Moncton/Online
Trade Choice 1: Marine Engineer (Had more choices but they were closed)
Application Date: December 27th 2012
CFAT Completed : March 19th 2013 (Completed. I was offered the choice of going on the officer root, but I dont want to go to university.)
Medical Completed : Scheduled for April 12th 2013
Interview Completed :
Merit Listed:
Position offered:
Basic Training Begins:

Recruiting Center: CFRC Calgary
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Armoured
Trade Choice 3: Artillery
Application Date: Oct 24 2012
First Contact: Dec 11 2012
Aptitude Test: Jan 11 2013
Medical Test: Jan 11 2013
Interview: Jan 11 2013
Merit Listed:  never knew Haha.
Position Offered: Infanteer, March 21 2013 (federal budget day)
Swearing In: March 27 2013
Basic Training Begins: tba

I figure this thread is going to get a lot more posts now that the budget's out.

Got the call yesterday,  swear in next Wednesday.  Looking forward to everything that comes after.
Thanks to everyone on the forum that helped me get to this point.

Recruiting Centre: Regina, Sk
Trade Choice 1: AVN
Trade Choice 2: AVS
Trade Choice 3: ACS
Online Application Date: January 12 , 2013
First contact: February 26 2013, application sent to Regina
CFAT Completed : 2008, previous application
Forms brought in to Regina: Taking them in on March 26 2013
Interview completed:
Medical Completed:
Merit listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins:

A little back history on me. I was in the forces back in 2008 as soon as i turned 18. I had a history of knee problems growing up but hadn't had any issues for about 3 years prior to my application so i got cleared by a doctor. My mistake was not really testing myself to see if i could handle BMQ, sure enough i found myself with some knee pain that took a while to heal and i found out through physio that it was just because i was so out of shape. There was some issues going on at home and being stuck on PAT platoon was taking its tole on me.  I spoke with a few people and the recommended that i leave and try again later. Life got in the way for about 2 years before i met with a personal trainer and started preparing myself and fixing what was causing my knee issues. That was 3 years ago and since then i have completely changed, i train 6 days a week and run at least 4 times a week. I am finally confident that i have put my body through all the tests and it can handle anything thrown at it. I know i will have to jump through some hoops to get cleared medically again, but at least i am finally back on track to getting my career started.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back