• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting Centre: Sherbrooke, Quebec
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Officer/NCM: Officer
Trade Choice 1: Health care administration officer
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: march 25 , 2013 (next monday)
First contact:
CFAT Completed :
Interview completed:
Medical Completed:
Merit listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins:

Recruiting Centre: Online
Regular/Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Airborne Electronic Sensor Operator
Trade Choice 2: Intelligence Operator
Trade Choice 3: Communicator Research Operator
Application Date: March 18, 2013
CFAT Completed :
Medical Completed :
Interview Completed :
Merit Listed:
Position offered:
Basic Training Begins:

Applied online March 18, 2013. Documents mailed March 19, 2013, should be received by them March 25/26, 2013. Will try to remember to come back and update everyone. This site has been a great resource, and I thank everyone for sharing their stories and knowledge.

Hey guys, not sure if I should put this here or not.

I applied back in late October online (choices I put were Infantry and Combat Engineer) and sent in my transcript and all other required papers to North Bay. Since about mid November, everything on my "Application Status" page is blank (no dates or confirmations beside anything). I made a thread asking if anyone had any advice or similar experiences and it turned out a lot of people did have similar things happen to them.

Since then, I received an e-mail saying;

"Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Forces (CF).  This email is to confirm the receipt of your application and required documents and to inform you that your applicant file is now complete.

Please note that your occupation choice(s) is/are currently unavailable for intake however, we will hold your file open at this location for one year from the date of application in the event a position opens up.

If you have any questions regarding your file, please feel free to contact us at the number below."

After getting this e-mail, I was never contacted again and my page never was updated to let me know if I should send anything else in or if I was scheduled for anything. I'm not sure what to do and I think I've waited long enough with a blank page to say something. Thanks for any help guys, I really, truly appreciate it.

curriedb11 said:
If you have any questions regarding your file, please feel free to contact us at the number below."

You posted it yourself.

You're welcome.

curriedb11 said:
Hey guys, not sure if I should put this here or not.

I applied back in late October online (choices I put were Infantry and Combat Engineer) and sent in my transcript and all other required papers to North Bay. Since about mid November, everything on my "Application Status" page is blank (no dates or confirmations beside anything). I made a thread asking if anyone had any advice or similar experiences and it turned out a lot of people did have similar things happen to them.

Since then, I received an e-mail saying;

"Thank you for your interest in the Canadian Forces (CF).  This email is to confirm the receipt of your application and required documents and to inform you that your applicant file is now complete.

Please note that your occupation choice(s) is/are currently unavailable for intake however, we will hold your file open at this location for one year from the date of application in the event a position opens up.

After getting this e-mail, I was never contacted again and my page never was updated to let me know if I should send anything else in or if I was scheduled for anything. I'm not sure what to do and I think I've waited long enough with a blank page to say something. Thanks for any help guys, I really, truly appreciate it.

That means that your file will remain closed until a position opens up. It happened to a friend and she had to wait for over a year. Just be patient. They will reopen it when a position is available.

As for me, I brought my forms in person to Ottawa as they requested, and now they're going to be completing my background and such and then it's a waiting game for my CFAT, Interview, and Medical! The guy told me that my file wouldn't be there if there wasn't positions available / if I wasn't competitive as an applicant, but would not tell me exactly how many positions. SO I'm excited. He told me to call them in a month if I hear nothing to check the status on my file, so within a month I should be scheduled!  (I HOPE!)

Recruiting Centre: Ottawa, Ontario
Trade Choice 1: Medical Technician
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: February 17th, 2013
Date Application sent to Ottawa: February 28th, 2013
First Contact from Ottawa: March 20th, 2013 (Emailed me my security forms to fill out)
Forms brought in to Ottawa: March 21, 2013.
CFAT Completed :
Interview completed:
Medical Completed:
Merit listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins:

Davidson22 said:
Recruiting Centre: Regina, Sk
Trade Choice 1: AVN
Trade Choice 2: AVS
Trade Choice 3: ACS
Online Application Date: January 12 , 2013
First contact: February 26 2013, application sent to Regina
CFAT Completed : 2008, previous application
Forms brought in to Regina: March 26 2013
Interview completed: April 3, 2013
Medical Completed:
Merit listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins:

Dropped off my forms and scheduled my interview. Still waiting on my previous medical file to be requested so my medical can be booked. Hopefully they get it this week so i can get it done next week after my interview. It would be awesome if they believe me when i tell them i am in great shape and i don't have to get cleared from a civilian doctor after my medical.

**Update**

Recruting Center: Toronto
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Trade Choice 2: Armoured
Trade Choice 3: Artillery
Application Date: November 21st/2012
First Contact: January 7th/13
CFAT completed : February 12/13
Medical and Interview: February 26/13
Medical Cleared by Ottawa: March 25/13
Merit Listed: Pending
Position Offered: Pending
Basic Training Begins: Pending

*UPDATE*

Recruiting Centre: Sudbury
Trade 1: Construction Technician (Closed)
Trade 2: Combat Engineer
Trade 3: Fire Fighter (Closed)
Application Date: November 2011
First Contact: January 2012
CFAT: Completed February 22 2012
Medical: Completed February 22 2012
Interview: February 22 2012
Merit Listed: March 2012 (Didn't even know, lol)
Position Offered: March 27, 2013
Swearing in: April 9, 2013
BMQ: April 15, 2013

I've waiting for about a year and half and my offer finally came. Don't give up guys, you will get your offer one day!
Just want to thank you guys, this website has been by far the best source of information!

sledfreak99 said:
...I've waiting for about a year and half and my offer finally came. Don't give up guys, you will get your offer one day!
Just want to thank you guys, this website has been by far the best source of information!

Congratulations, all the best! :cdn:

Update

Recruiting Center: CFRC Toronto
Trade Choice 1: Infantry
Application Date: February, 2012
Aptitude Test:-
Interview:August 14th, 2012
Medical: Sept 14th, 2012
Merit Listed:- Some time in October 2012
Position Offered:- March 26th 2013
Enrollment/Swear in:- April 24th 2013
BMQ Begins: bypass - Meaford April 29th 2013

UPDATE....  CFAT on Tuesday.

Recruiting Centre: Barrie, Ontario
Trade Choice 1: Medical Technician
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: October 30, 2012
Date Application sent to Barrie: December 6, 2012
Application Email sent from RC to wrong address:  December 17, 2012
Realized the mistake:  January 23, 2013
PLAR started:  January 24, 2013
CFAT Completed :  April 2nd, 2013
Interview completed:
Medical Completed:
MPAC Merit listed:
Position offered:
Swearing in:
Basic Training Begins: not soon enough.

sledfreak99 said:
*UPDATE*
I've waiting for about a year and half and my offer finally came. Don't give up guys, you will get your offer one day!

Congrats and good luck at BMQ!

Recruiting Centre: Victoria, BC
Trade Choice 1: Maritime Surface & Sub-Surface
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Online Application Date: January 10, 2013
Date Application sent to Victoria: February 14, 2013
CFAT Completed : March 17, 2013 (PASS)
Interview completed: TBD (based on reliability and medical completed)
Medical Completed: March 17,2013 (PASS - waiting on Ottawa to sign-off)
Position offered:
Swearing in:
BMOQ Begins: Hopefully within 2 months!!!

I am currently waiting for my medical forms to be signed-off in Ottawa. They said that takes about 3-4weeks. Also, they are doing my reliability check (credit, references etc...) right now as well. Once my reliability check and final medical authorization has been received from Ottawa, my interview will be granted.

I hate waiting...but, hopefully my waiting will turn into an actual enrollment into the MARS program.

reganm said:
BMOQ Begins: Hopefully within 2 months!!!
  Nearest BMOQ will be in April,29,2013. But selection was already.
If you are DEO,do you know when next BMOQ for DEO ?

Sorry...said that wrong - I was referring to another selection date within the next couple of months. I was speaking to one of the recruiters at the recruiting center and she informed me this years DEO selections may have more selections? Also said, it is almost impossible to predict selection dates for DEO...just keep positive. Cheers

Recruiting Centre: Online (Regina)
Trade 1: Aviation System Technician
Trade 2: Medical Technician
Trade 3:
Application Date: November 30, 2012 (Documents sent in 2 weeks after)
First Contact: February 21
CFAT: March 28
Merit Listed: TBA
Position Offered: TBA
Enrolment: TBA
Swearing in: TBA
BMQ: TBA

Just did my CFAT, Interview and Medical yesterday. I was told I did well on the test and met the minimum officer cutoff scores.  8)

Recruiting Centre: Hamilton
Trade Choice 1: Vehicle Tech
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: December , 2012
First Contact: January, 2013
Med, aptitude completed : March 2013
Interview : Next week on Apr 3rd
Position Offered: -
BMQ Begins: -

Anyone know this year's selection dates for Vehicle Technician? I found this thread from last year, at least 3 people got offered Vehicle Technician position left for BMQ at the end of August. http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/107231.0.html

Strikeout is my application from last year, when I failed Aircrew Selection
Recruiting Center:CFRC Kingston CFRC Hamilton
Regular/Reserve: Reg
Trade Choice 1: Aerospace Control Officer Infantry Officer
Trade Choice 2: Intelligence Officer Artillery Officer
Trade Choice 3: Logistics Officer Armour Officer
Application Date: January 2012 January 7th, 2013
First Contacted: January 25th, 2012
CFAT completed : January 2012
Medical completed: February 2012 February 2013
Interview completed : February 2012February 2013
Merit listed: March 2012 March 2013
Aircrew Selection: June 2012
Swearing in: -
Basic Training Begins: -

Fingers crossed that this year works out better! I don't have Aircrew Selection to fail this time, and I have a year of university under my belt.

Just received a reply to an email inquiry I sent to Canadian Forces Virtual Recruiting Centre, and the Master Corporal informed me that checking the status online isn't going to be possible anymore. So if you submitted your documents/application online, and haven't heard anything back from them after 3 weeks, you should be calling or emailing them to get an update and make sure there is nothing you still need to do. Don't even bother checking the "status" through the recruiting site. If you do email them, they want "Full name; Date of birth; Full address; Postal code" to confirm your identity.

Hope this helps as I keep seeing guys saying they are waiting 2-3 months between contact without an update. Be proactive guys. Anyone who has worked in an office can tell you that even though we want to get everyone's files done in the order they came in, people who are checking up asking for updates always get done first. I have accidentally pushed client files to the back and forgot about them for months and the client never called to check. It happens in every office I have worked in, so I am sure it could happen in the Forces too. Good luck guys. Hope I get a good update soon from them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back