• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process Samples [2003 - 2018]

Status
Not open for further replies.
All they told me is that my interview and medical are scheduled for three weeks from today so they have time to run the basic stuff (reference / employment checks, credit and criminal background info, etc). From my understanding they are doing all of the above and then proceed to determine if Ottawa will require a security assessment. Or, maybe they do it during the three weeks prior to my interview. I was told that the UK is essentially a non-issue in terms of security clearance, but Greece is a toss-up. It just goes to show you the varying information you can get from recruiter to recruiter, and centre to centre. What CFRCs did you guys apply through again?

Hi everyone, been "lurking" the forums for awhile now and thought it was time to register and make a first post! Quick congrats to those that have been enrolled and a nod to those still working to complete their applications.

Recruiting Centre: Toronto
Regular/Reserve: Reserve
Officer/NCM: NCM
Trade Choice 1: Combat Engineer
Trade Choice 2:
Trade Choice 3:
Application Date: January 14, 2013
First Contact: January 14, 2013
CFAT completed : February 19, 2013
PT Completed: February 28, 2013
Interview: March 4, 2013
Medical: March 20, 2013
Merit Listed: -
Position Offered: -
Swearing In: -
Basic Training Begins: -

TylerF said:
All they told me is that my interview and medical are scheduled for three weeks from today so they have time to run the basic stuff (reference / employment checks, credit and criminal background info, etc). From my understanding they are doing all of the above and then proceed to determine if Ottawa will require a security assessment. Or, maybe they do it during the three weeks prior to my interview. I was told that the UK is essentially a non-issue in terms of security clearance, but Greece is a toss-up. It just goes to show you the varying information you can get from recruiter to recruiter, and centre to centre. What CFRCs did you guys apply through again?

CFRC Montreal. I was told that references/job checks, credit and criminal background would be done after the interview. Haha, varying information indeed  ;) Well hopefully you're right about the UK. Glad to see your application is moving forward. Hopefully I'll get some good news soon!

Mikmaq said:
CFRC Montreal. I was told that references/job checks, credit and criminal background would be done after the interview. Haha, varying information indeed  ;) Well hopefully you're right about the UK. Glad to see your application is moving forward. Hopefully I'll get some good news soon!
CFRC Montreal too.But some differences.my  references/job checks already  were done but I am still waiting for medical and interview.
Credit and criminal background  are doing now hopefully. Waiting answer from Ottawa too.

Recruiting centre: Online/Oshawa
Regular/ Reserve: Regular
Officer/NCM: NCM
Entry Plan: UnSkilled
Trade choice 1: - Weapons Tech - Land
Trade choice 2: - Construction Tech
Trade choice 3: - Cook
Application date: Feb 19, 2013
CFAT completed:
Medical completed: -
Interview completed: -
ASC completed: -
Merit listed: -
Position offered: -
Enrollment/swearing in: -
BMOQ begins: -

I am super pumped to have started the process.  I am hoping to start basic by August or September, but I am going to try my best to keep positive and be patient

Amarko87 said:
Recruiting centre: Ottawa, Ontario
Officer/NCM: Officer
Entry Plan: ROTP (RMC)
Trade choice 1: Pilot
Trade choice 2: ACSO
Trade choice 3: AEC
Application date: Nov 14, 2012
CFAT completed: Nov 28, 2012
Medical completed: Dec 17, 2012
Extended Medical turned in: Jan 7, 2013
Interview completed: Jan 7, 2013
ACSO Test completed: Feb 1, 2013
ASC completed: March 6, 2013
Pilot: Passed
AEC: Passed
Position offered:
Enrollment/swearing in:

Passed CAPSS.  WOOOOOOOooooo!

Went to Toronto for aircrew medical.  Too tall to fit in the Primary Flight Trainer, the Grob 120.  AAAAAAAAND I'm ****ed.  Only option now is to hope they get their act together and get a more suitable trainer (how is the trainer the smallest cockpit in the entire CFAF??), or to go get a CPL, reapply, and bypass PFT (Phase 1) and jump right into Phase 2 (in the Harvard).

Time to do some research and calling around to airfields.

If you have any questions about CAPSS or ASC shoot me a PM.  We're not restricted about what we can tell you about it.  The biggest piece of advice I can give is to go buy time in a simulator.  Every person with simulator experience and actual flying experience passed CAPSS (ranged from 3 guys with 5 hours in a proper simulator and we had 1 guy with over 100 hours flight time).

There are two main measurements for Grobs, 62cm from wall to front of knees, and 96cm from bench to top of head.  I am at 65 and 99.  Shitty.

Does anyone know how long it takes for background and reference checks?

The Toronto RC checks are done by Garda security, which is kinda odd but I guess it saves the government money by contracting this out, but I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes between final interview to merit listing?

I am only waiting for my background to clear and then, I guess, I wait to be informed that I have been merit listed?

Garda is a contract security company so it shouldn't take that long but I was wondering if anyone here has a rough time estimate.

I'm guessing I should hear from the CF by end of the month.

Ducam said:
Does anyone know how long it takes for background and reference checks?

The Toronto RC checks are done by Garda security, which is kinda odd but I guess it saves the government money by contracting this out, but I was wondering if anyone knows how long it takes between final interview to merit listing?

I am only waiting for my background to clear and then, I guess, I wait to be informed that I have been merit listed?

Garda is a contract security company so it shouldn't take that long but I was wondering if anyone here has a rough time estimate.

I'm guessing I should hear from the CF by end of the month.

My references were called a month into the application process but my job history check took almost 3 months to clear. When I asked about it, I was told it was due garda being behind. I don't think they even called my current employer, which is strange because it pertains to the trade I'm applying for...

Amarko87 said:
Passed CAPSS.  WOOOOOOOooooo!

Went to Toronto for aircrew medical.  Too tall to fit in the Primary Flight Trainer, the Grob 120.  AAAAAAAAND I'm ****ed.  Only option now is to hope they get their act together and get a more suitable trainer (how is the trainer the smallest cockpit in the entire CFAF??), or to go get a CPL, reapply, and bypass PFT (Phase 1) and jump right into Phase 2 (in the Harvard).

Time to do some research and calling around to airfields.

If you have any questions about CAPSS or ASC shoot me a PM.  We're not restricted about what we can tell you about it.  The biggest piece of advice I can give is to go buy time in a simulator.  Every person with simulator experience and actual flying experience passed CAPSS (ranged from 3 guys with 5 hours in a proper simulator and we had 1 guy with over 100 hours flight time).

There are two main measurements for Grobs, 62cm from wall to front of knees, and 96cm from bench to top of head.  I am at 65 and 99.  Shitty.

Um, congrats? That actually really sucks. How tall are you? I'm also wondering why they don't measure people beforehand...

holieee said:
My references were called a month into the application process but my job history check took almost 3 months to clear. When I asked about it, I was told it was due garda being behind. I don't think they even called my current employer, which is strange because it pertains to the trade I'm applying for...

Thanks Holieee,

I had a look at your application sample and noticed that you applied only a couple of days before I did.

Not sure if Garda sends all their background check files to a central location or if they do it office to office in each province but I hope it doesn't take 3 months.

When I went for my interview I was told that I am a competitive candidate so I would guess that would place me higher on the merit list once I am listed.

Just a bit anxious to get listed and then finally get a call to get out of here and on with a career move.

I'm hoping for a June BMQ.

Recruiting centre: Vancouver
Entry Plan: DEO
Trade choice 2: -
Trade choice 3: -
Application date: Jan. 2006, Jan 2007, March 2009, July 2012
CFAT completed: Feb 2006
Medical completed: September 2012
Interview completed: October 2012
ASC completed: -October 2012
Merit listed: -Feb. 7 2013
Position offered: -March 7 2013
Enrollment/swearing in: - March 20 2013
BMOQ begins: -April 27 2013

4 cracks at the can, finally all the positivity came through.

Mike

grats!... check out the thread in the basic training section for our BMOQ

Mikmaq said:

Hopefully we all do!

I'm not sure what to think about how our applications will move forward. I mean, it appears as though they are proceeding in opposite fashions with our files. You're waiting now to be sure that you do / do not have to do the security clearance, and I am moving forward quickly but may find out later that I now have to wait several months to determine if I need that assessment. It's all a matter of patience I guess, but the end will be worth it. Did they give you a time frame for how long you will be waiting for Ottawa to get back to them, and anything beyond that (ie, scheduling you for an interview and medical)?

I was told that in April they assess what they need for the year and then start really recruiting for the year...  Anyone else hear something similar?

Tralax said:
I was told that in April they assess what they need for the year and then start really recruiting for the year...  Anyone else hear something similar?
Yes, it is true.
They will get all information including  numbers, trades and dates of selections.
Just 3 weeks left

secondchance said:
Yes, it is true.
They will get all information including  numbers, trades and dates of selections.
Just 3 weeks left

During my interview I asked the very same question about the fiscal year and the interviewer gave me their recruit needs for the trades I applied for.

They know in advance.

Ducam said:
During my interview I asked the very same question about the fiscal year and the interviewer gave me their recruit needs for the trades I applied for.

They know in advance.
For some trades.Yes, it is true.I can say the same for my trades.
But not for all trades they have information for now.

mike1788 said:
Recruiting centre: Vancouver
Entry Plan: DEO
Trade choice 2: -
Trade choice 3: -
Application date: Jan. 2006, Jan 2007, March 2009, July 2012
CFAT completed: Feb 2006
Medical completed: September 2012
Interview completed: October 2012
ASC completed: -October 2012
Merit listed: -Feb. 7 2013
Position offered: -March 7 2013
Enrollment/swearing in: - March 20 2013
BMOQ begins: -April 27 2013

4 cracks at the can, finally all the positivity came through.

Mike

Mike that's awesome! I must commend you for your perseverance. Good luck at BMOQ!

Off to basic tommorow. Cannot wait after a 5 month process. To everyone waiting, I wish you the best of luck on your applications and hope that you get to feel the excitment that I'm feeling right now! Congrats all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back