• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Afghan Ops (the Milnet game) Horror Stories

MJP

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Harris said:
Unfortunately I can top that:

Mission Failed: Clean-up all traces of the cross-border operation (-1440CR, -75 Morale)  :crybaby:

By the way thanks to all who have given me Milpoints.

Dude that sucks.....

kuchunwah

Reaction score
failed twice at Timmies today, lost over 100 morale, interrrupted my consecutive successful mission...

Reaction score
Failed a Timmies mission and then this happens only a couple missions later - (Mission Failed: Investigate reports of enemy activity in the mountains (-643CR, -8 Morale))  I know there always is a chance for failure but it hurts at that CR level.

kuchunwah

Reaction score
I feel for you harris... but at the same time, that's is like 10 times my max CR...

Task

Reaction score
Harris said:
Unfortunately I can top that:

Mission Failed: Clean-up all traces of the cross-border operation (-1440CR, -75 Morale)  :crybaby:

By the way thanks to all who have given me Milpoints.

Yes, that has to hurt. I would say you probably lost more than -75 morale in real terms.

Reaction score
Captsapper said:
Failed a Timmies mission and then this happens only a couple missions later - (Mission Failed: Investigate reports of enemy activity in the mountains (-643CR, -8 Morale))  I know there always is a chance for failure but it hurts at that CR level.

Mission Failed: Investigate reports of enemy activity in the mountains (-643CR, -17 Morale) - Again....  Twice in 3 days...  I hate enemy in the mountains  :mad:

MMSS

Reaction score
Lost my consecutive days streak... logged in at 12:15am to see that i had just missed it.

Rheostatic

Reaction score
kuchunwah:
failed 2 mission in a row with a % of 88 success rate..

kuchunwah:
and the same mission keeps failing me at a rate closer to 40% than 88%  :rage:
Probability is a dish best served cold.

Good2Golf

Army.ca Legend
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Mission Failed: Exercise Maple Guardian (-8CR, -101 Morale)
Equipment Consumed:
16x  240x 5.56mm Blank

-101 morale?  Really? For failing a 98% guaranteed Maple Guardian?

Wow. 
sadpanda.gif

armyvern

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Good2Golf said:
-101 morale?  Really? For failing a 98% guaranteed Maple Guardian?

Wow. 
sadpanda.gif

You obviously were on a nice winning streak at the time of your "epic fail" too weren't you??!!  >:D

Good2Golf

Army.ca Legend
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Yeah, Vern, I just reviewed the calculation of morale losses...I was almost at 200 streak...frack.  :'(

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Well, the 'good' news is that your streak will still be locked in, so maybe you can pick up some incentives for the successful mission streak...

Good2Golf

Army.ca Legend
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Maybe I should tube some more missions then just use my +400 Morale incentive? :)

PuckChaser

Army.ca Fixture
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
So, instead of 1800 completed paperwork, the game bought me 18,000 completed paperwork. I went from 81,000 milpoints to 1,900. Where's the sad panda avatar? :sadpanda:

Mike, can you help me out a bit?? I'd like to cash them all back in for milpoints, and I'll repurchase what I need (double checking the total this time!!!).

Edit: I see what happened, reload every bought 1800 paperwork everytime I ran the mission so I didn't need to click since the equipment purchase was in the address bar. I think technology broke my milpoints total, that's like almost $200 in milpoints down the tubes.  :crybaby:

armyvern

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Puckchaser,

I'd like to say that I feel bad for you, but I don't. I think it's quite ironic that the 'reload every' program (that I hate due to it's doing and earning TI for you - and thus incentives/medals) has come back to bite you in the ass.

Sometimes --- karma is a bitch.

;D

PS: Because I have a twinge of mercy ... +300 MPs for you to start you on your journey back up.  :)

MMSS

Reaction score
One of the dangers of 'reload every'. I will admit I have used it since it is not currently considered 'cheating' however it is seriously not fun to lose all morale if I miss a day of playing. (every reload with full CR is negative morale)

Task

Reaction score
:eek:

PuckChaser said:
So, instead of 1800 completed paperwork, the game bought me 18,000 completed paperwork. I went from 81,000 milpoints to 1,900. Where's the sad panda avatar? :sadpanda:

Mike, can you help me out a bit?? I'd like to cash them all back in for milpoints, and I'll repurchase what I need (double checking the total this time!!!).

Edit: I see what happened, reload every bought 1800 paperwork everytime I ran the mission so I didn't need to click since the equipment purchase was in the address bar. I think technology broke my milpoints total, that's like almost $200 in milpoints down the tubes.  :crybaby:

PuckChaser

Army.ca Fixture
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
ArmyVern said:
Sometimes --- karma is a *****.

For sure, considering it only saved me about 15 clicks while I was getting ready to head out in the morning. That's what I get! I've actually just deleted the ad-on since its just more pain than its worth.