• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Afghan Ops (the Milnet game) Horror Stories

Harris said:
Unfortunately I can top that:

Mission Failed: Clean-up all traces of the cross-border operation (-1440CR, -75 Morale)  :crybaby:

By the way thanks to all who have given me Milpoints.

Dude that sucks.....

failed twice at Timmies today, lost over 100 morale, interrrupted my consecutive successful mission...

Failed a Timmies mission and then this happens only a couple missions later - (Mission Failed: Investigate reports of enemy activity in the mountains (-643CR, -8 Morale))  I know there always is a chance for failure but it hurts at that CR level.

I feel for you harris... but at the same time, that's is like 10 times my max CR...

Harris said:
Unfortunately I can top that:

Mission Failed: Clean-up all traces of the cross-border operation (-1440CR, -75 Morale)  :crybaby:

By the way thanks to all who have given me Milpoints.

Yes, that has to hurt. I would say you probably lost more than -75 morale in real terms.

Captsapper said:
Failed a Timmies mission and then this happens only a couple missions later - (Mission Failed: Investigate reports of enemy activity in the mountains (-643CR, -8 Morale))  I know there always is a chance for failure but it hurts at that CR level.

Mission Failed: Investigate reports of enemy activity in the mountains (-643CR, -17 Morale) - Again....  Twice in 3 days...  I hate enemy in the mountains  :mad:

and the same mission keeps failing me at a rate closer to 40% than 88%  :rage:

Lost my consecutive days streak... logged in at 12:15am to see that i had just missed it.

kuchunwah:
failed 2 mission in a row with a % of 88 success rate..

kuchunwah:
and the same mission keeps failing me at a rate closer to 40% than 88%  :rage:
Probability is a dish best served cold.

Mission Failed: Exercise Maple Guardian (-8CR, -101 Morale)
Equipment Consumed:
16x  240x 5.56mm Blank

-101 morale?  Really? For failing a 98% guaranteed Maple Guardian?

Wow. 
sadpanda.gif

Good2Golf said:
-101 morale?  Really? For failing a 98% guaranteed Maple Guardian?

Wow. 
sadpanda.gif

You obviously were on a nice winning streak at the time of your "epic fail" too weren't you??!!  >:D

Yeah, Vern, I just reviewed the calculation of morale losses...I was almost at 200 streak...frack.  :'(

Well, the 'good' news is that your streak will still be locked in, so maybe you can pick up some incentives for the successful mission streak...

Maybe I should tube some more missions then just use my +400 Morale incentive? :)

So, instead of 1800 completed paperwork, the game bought me 18,000 completed paperwork. I went from 81,000 milpoints to 1,900. Where's the sad panda avatar? :sadpanda:

Mike, can you help me out a bit?? I'd like to cash them all back in for milpoints, and I'll repurchase what I need (double checking the total this time!!!).

Edit: I see what happened, reload every bought 1800 paperwork everytime I ran the mission so I didn't need to click since the equipment purchase was in the address bar. I think technology broke my milpoints total, that's like almost $200 in milpoints down the tubes.  :crybaby:

Puckchaser,

I'd like to say that I feel bad for you, but I don't. I think it's quite ironic that the 'reload every' program (that I hate due to it's doing and earning TI for you - and thus incentives/medals) has come back to bite you in the ass.

Sometimes --- karma is a bitch.

;D

PS: Because I have a twinge of mercy ... +300 MPs for you to start you on your journey back up.  :)

One of the dangers of 'reload every'. I will admit I have used it since it is not currently considered 'cheating' however it is seriously not fun to lose all morale if I miss a day of playing. (every reload with full CR is negative morale)

:eek:

PuckChaser said:
So, instead of 1800 completed paperwork, the game bought me 18,000 completed paperwork. I went from 81,000 milpoints to 1,900. Where's the sad panda avatar? :sadpanda:

Mike, can you help me out a bit?? I'd like to cash them all back in for milpoints, and I'll repurchase what I need (double checking the total this time!!!).

Edit: I see what happened, reload every bought 1800 paperwork everytime I ran the mission so I didn't need to click since the equipment purchase was in the address bar. I think technology broke my milpoints total, that's like almost $200 in milpoints down the tubes.  :crybaby:

ArmyVern said:
Sometimes --- karma is a *****.

For sure, considering it only saved me about 15 clicks while I was getting ready to head out in the morning. That's what I get! I've actually just deleted the ad-on since its just more pain than its worth.

Back