• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Afghan Ops (the Milnet game) Horror Stories

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Despite having said this previously:

Mike Bobbitt said:
And I'll throw out a suggestion to all... I know ReloadEvery is a neat tool, but be careful, it can cause some 'unexpected' results if you're not paying attention. I don't mind reversing bugs, but you're on your own if you use a tool that runs away from you. ;)

I did reverse your purchase. You now have no paperwork to fill out, and all the MilPoints returned... double bonus! :)

Harris

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
I've increased the level of my main HVM points producer, and as a result I no longer have enough max CR to actually use it, as my max CR is 1787.  :rage:

Clean-up all traces of the cross-border operation -1800CR, +169,476CE

Back to the lower value missions for a while I guess.

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Wow... that's crazy, what proficiency level are you at with that mission?

MJP

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Harris said:
I've increased the level of my main HVM points producer, and as a result I no longer have enough max CR to actually use it, as my max CR is 1787.  :rage:

Clean-up all traces of the cross-border operation -1800CR, +169,476CE

Back to the lower value missions for a while I guess.

LOL I am desperately trying to up my CR to stay ahead in the same one bud.  I think I will run out of wiggle room soon and be back down in Kabul.

Harris

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Mike Bobbitt said:
Wow... that's crazy, what proficiency level are you at with that mission?

Level 14.

I'm going with a non-HVM in Swat Valley (1:77) as I get a better ratio there vice going back to Kabul (1:68).

Harris

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
MJP said:
LOL I am desperately trying to up my CR to stay ahead in the same one bud.  I think I will run out of wiggle room soon and be back down in Kabul.

Wow, your roaring up the status board.  I better watch my 6.  Any secrets you want to share?  >:D

MJP

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Harris said:
Wow, your roaring up the status board.  I better watch my 6.  Any secrets you want to share?  >:D

Initiative dude.  I maxed mine out so even if you have higher CR I regen faster and get in more missions.  I could possibly catch you if you don't start ramping up your initiative, but I won't catch Exarch as he has maxed out his (unless he stops playing).  The other thing was I saved my 8% and 10 % bonus until I was up in CE to maximize them.  I used the 10% yesterday and went up 10 ranks in one shot.

Harris

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Ah.  I figured as much, but you have more time to play a day than I do I suspect.  So for me the only option until I get home is to increase CR until I can play more often.

MJP

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Harris said:
Ah.  I figured as much, but you have more time to play a day than I do I suspect.  So for me the only option until I get home is to increase CR until I can play more often.

Yea the unintended bonus of being a student is I have lots of time in between gouging my eyes out from reading papers and writing essays.

kratz

Army.ca Veteran
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
You know MJP there are a wide variety of studies on living with only one eye or less  >:D

Just joking, but it had to be said  :nod:

Task

Reaction score
Lol Kratz,

MJP your thread should be in the success missions... My quoting you is MY horror story. I knew about your 8% and 10% medals but you were rockin' well before that.
Shouldn't you be studying?
;D

kuchunwah

Reaction score
Task said:
Lol Kratz,

MJP your thread should be in the success missions... My quoting you is MY horror story. I knew about your 8% and 10% medals but you were rockin' well before that.
Shouldn't you be studying?
;D

yes, it shouldn't defn be in the success story...

Dissident

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Twice in three(Or four) days I failed:
Intercept a suicide bomber before he hits a convoy -950CR, +64,598CE

Where is that sad panda picture?

Task

Reaction score
Ugh,
Clean-up all traces of the cross-border operation -1560CR, +146,574CE

My mission levels have exceeded my max credit.

Time to do the cheaper missions.

PuckChaser

Army.ca Fixture
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
Task said:
My mission levels have exceeded my max credit.

Time to do the cheaper missions.

Yep, I'm having to dump everything into CR just to keep those missions running.

Dissident

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Dissident said:
Twice in three(Or four) days I failed:
Intercept a suicide bomber before he hits a convoy -950CR, +64,598CE

Where is that sad panda picture?

This getting a bit ridiculous. Another 2 failed mission. One for the contest and another: Intercept a suicide bomber before he hits a convoy (-1045CR, -20 Morale)

Good2Golf

Army.ca Legend
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Mission Failed: Intercept a suicide bomber before he hits a convoy (-475CR, -73 Morale)

On the plus side, it was only a 140 success streak broken this time...only a sad hamster, no sad panda...  :(

Rheostatic

Reaction score
I figured I'd stock up on 5.56 mm ball and accidentally bought 1000x PAPERWORK instead. :crybaby: :facepalm: