• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Afghan Ops (the Milnet game) Horror Stories

mich has got it... you now get the MilPoints and the Merit Points, but as suspected, you do miss out on a full CR regen.

Mission Failed: Investigate reports of enemy activity in the mountains (-396CR)

Sad Panda....

Mission Failed: Launch a counter-attack against a local Taliban stronghold (-218CR)

A sadder panda.....

2 in a row....600+ CR's down the tubes....

*sigh*

For the second day in a row I failed the HVM in FOB Zettlemeyer while attempting to level up.  Failing a mission that is the last one for a level is bad enough, but two days in a row  :mad:  But I am not letting it get me down, it is my last day of work this year  ;D

Captsapper said:
For the second day in a row I failed the HVM in FOB Zettlemeyer while attempting to level up.  Failing a mission that is the last one for a level is bad enough, but two days in a row  :mad:  But I am not letting it get me down, it is my last day of work this year  ;D

I have been having the same problem with the HVm at Route Summit with a 22 to 1 payout

Mission Failed: Cut off the supply of explosives from outside Afghanistan (-740CR, -90 Morale)

Need I say any more?  :'(

Harris said:
Mission Failed: Cut off the supply of explosives from outside Afghanistan (-740CR, -90 Morale)

Need I say any more?  :'(

Oh that one had to hurt :eek: double sad panda

Morale got the better of me this morning.

Wasn't able to get on the computer much last night so I knew I would have a fair amount of CR this morning with little CE required to level.  Sure enough, I had only about 400 CE required to level with 700 CR to do it with.  No problem.  Find a mission that would give me almost 400, use some extra for equipment training leaving just enough CR to use a big mission (14,000+ CE).

Conduct my little mission and what?!?!  Level up?!?!  Completely forgot about those extra CE that you get now with the morale.  There went 600CR down the tubes (would have been fine if they counted as missed CR!) Plus the fact that I started the next level with only a couple of extra CE instead of over 14,000. 

Oh well, lesson learned.  And hopefully it helps others too.  But for now  :crybaby:

Ouch, don't know what all went down, but finished the night before with 274 morale...one mission failed and this morning I'm was at 13 morale...ouch!  Maybe it's just easier going right to -300 morale and getting a few less CE per mission....

sadpanda.gif

Lost my consecutive games played streak at 116 because Facebook crashed applications on Dec 29th and couldn't get on during my vacation. Here's hoping for June!

Good2Golf said:
Ouch, don't know what all went down, but finished the night before with 274 morale...one mission failed and this morning I'm was at 13 morale...ouch!  Maybe it's just easier going right to -300 morale and getting a few less CE per mission....

sadpanda.gif

Track down groups responsible for intimidating voters -74CR, +2,039CE
Success Probability: Superb (89%)

Apparently 89% "Superb" means you will always fail the first time, but maybe succeed a few times later if you have enough CR, and the -69 morale hasn't actually affected your real morale.

sadpanda.gif
sadpanda.gif
sadpanda.gif

Has anyone else noticed since the arrival of Morale you are failing more missions?

Larry Strong said:
Has anyone else noticed since the arrival of Morale you are failing more missions?

Nah. I've only failed one since it started; it cfost me a coyuple of hundred morale, but Iit's only been one. Son is supervisinjg .... posting loADED - hAPPY FTREAKING nEW yEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;D

Good2Golf said:
Apparently 89% "Superb" means you will always fail the first time, but maybe succeed a few times later if you have enough CR, and the -69 morale hasn't actually affected your real morale.

sadpanda.gif
sadpanda.gif
sadpanda.gif

Larry, I think you're right...foolishly, I put my faith in statistics, having calculated a 98.79%* likelihood that I would not fail consecutively a second time...at least I only lost 10 morale this time. *sigh*

Mission Failed: Track down groups responsible for intimidating voters (-74CR, -10 Morale)

Make that:
sadpanda.gif
sadpanda.gif
sadpanda.gif
sadpanda.gif
sadpanda.gif

* (1-(1-89%/100)^2)x100%

For what it's worth, I can confirm that the odds of mission success haven't changed with morale, and that the % displayed is what's used for the random pass/fail calculation.

Thanks Mike :salute: I was wondering, I seem to be failing more often, sometimes it's self induced but most often it's on missions in Canada or Timmies.

Mike Bobbitt said:
For what it's worth, I can confirm that the odds of mission success haven't changed with morale, and that the % displayed is what's used for the random pass/fail calculation.

Perhaps it's the % success random number generator seed that is making all the
sadpanda.gif
sadpanda.gif
sadpanda.gif
sadpanda.gif
sadpanda.gif

;D

I failed 3 out of 4 missions today, of which 2 were at 55% success  and I kinda expected to lose one of those. Hope this is not an indication of the way this year is going to be ::)

Might end up like this:
posting loADED - hAPPY FTREAKING nEW yEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;D

Larry Strong said:
Might end up like this:
;D

I can only say that I hope you did not end up waking up on January 2nd with the facial tattoos that I somehow obtained (lovingly - from my children who were "babysitting" me) after leveeing at the Armouries & the Legion ...  :blotto:

Back