• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Afghan Ops (the Milnet game) Horror Stories

kratz

Army.ca Veteran
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
My horro story has been chasing hollymaire and [RICE],  as they are keeping pace just those two levels ahead.  ;D

infantryian

Reaction score
Rheostatic said:
I figured I'd stock up on 5.56 mm ball and accidentally bought 1000x PAPERWORK instead. :crybaby: :facepalm:

Ouch, looks like you will be responding to a Canadian school for a while.

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
Rheostatic said:
I figured I'd stock up on 5.56 mm ball and accidentally bought 1000x PAPERWORK instead. :crybaby: :facepalm:

Proving that the pen is not mightier than the sword, I've converted your paperwork into 5.56 rounds. :)

Mike Bobbitt

Administrator
Staff member
Owner
Directing Staff
Reaction score
No problem, they were the same cost each (5MP) so it was the kind of math I can handle. ;)

kuchunwah

Reaction score
was doing DAG Green -7CR, +7CE mission today, failed 3 times out of 6 tries... on one of the failures, it deducted 103 morale... how does that work??

Good2Golf

Army.ca Legend
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
kuchunwah said:
was doing DAG Green -7CR, +7CE mission today, failed 3 times out of 6 tries... on one of the failures, it deducted 103 morale... how does that work??

You had a 98-mission success streak.  When you fail a mission, the formula for morale reduction is:  - (5 + win streak)

This is when you break out the 'sad panda' emoticon.....
sadpanda.gif

Regards
G2G

Dissident

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
Fail:
Clean-up all traces of the cross-border operation -1200CR, +112,220CE

Reaction score
NinerSix said:
Fail:
Clean-up all traces of the cross-border operation -1200CR, +112,220CE

I feel your pain....  Mission Failed: Clean-up all traces of the cross-border operation -1080CR, +100,769CE  only lost 6 morale, failed a timmies mission earlier this morning :(

Task

Reaction score
Today is my last day to play as I will not have access to the net regularly enough to maintain my position.
My best position was 3rd way earlier in the game and I have maintained 4th for a while. So all in all I am pretty happy.

Cheers to all and good luck to those on my tail.  :salute:

T

PS failed 2 missions so far today lol

Navalsnpr

Reaction score
So here I was playing today and got the following:
2011-06-04 12:12:49  While conducting this mission you have discovered some useful Intelligence data! +1 Int (7,367 total) +1 Morale  :rofl:

Funny I thought especially when I have a Attention to Detail of 267!

Still having fun with the game though and that is all that counts!!

armyvern

Army.ca Myth
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
Glad that you are still playing; while I would like to ... I simply refrain from it. I'm almost about to earn the last incentive for negative morale as I log in every couple of days to earn those -40s, but simply don't have time to log in every day.  When I discovered that actually conducting a mission also saw me earning less than the base points for that mission (+500 earns you +10% / -500 earns you a minus 10%), I also stopped fighting missions  ... I figured that it's a no win situation for me. When I hit the -500, that's it for my log ins until my tour is done. That way, I can claim my +XXX morale medals when I get back and actually start from zero vice negative gazillions.

I hope that you all have to go on tours so that I have a hope in hell of ever catching up in this game.

Have a good evening.  ;D

Navalsnpr

Reaction score
Hey Vern, that's exactly the reason I didn't start the game until I was home from KAF!!

Hope your tour is going well and quickly

PuckChaser

Army.ca Fixture
Staff member
Directing Staff
Mentor
Reaction score
ArmyVern said:
I hope that you all have to go on tours so that I have a hope in hell of ever catching up in this game.

I'll trade you my spot on the roster list for a tour.  ;D

Enjoy the rest of your tour anyway!

NavyShooter

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Reaction score
Failed a mission for 1440 combat readiness....  Le Ow. 

It would have bumped me up another level too....alas.

kawa11

Reaction score
Not a real horror story - more a  :facepalm: moment

Misread the the daily challenge of spend 711CE and thought it was spend 711MP.
Bought 700 double-doubles now I'm out more than half my milpoints..

Oh yeah, go level 7s!