• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Yukon Fur Hat

With the recent temperature dip in Shilo, mine's been coming outside after work almost daily :D

rmc_wannabe said:
Got mine in the mail. Made wife open it. Conversation went like so:

Wife: Logistik Unicorp... what is this?
Me: I dunno... open it?
*opens box*
Wife: Oh dear God what is this?
Me: Yukon Hat, looks pretty cool eh?
Wife: It looks like a cat...

2 year old son walks into the living room

Son:Kitty! Meow! *pets hat*
Me: No son its a hat
Son: Kitty hat! Meow *puts hat on head*

*son runs off meowing*

Well  last night out of the corner of my eye I see a furry blur, there is my cat running past with my Yukon hat in its mouth. I give chase, find it under the table and the cat licking it. well I hope that's all it did to it.

my72jeep said:
Well  last night out of the corner of my eye I see a furry blur, there is my cat running past with my Yukon hat in its mouth. I give chase, find it under the table and the cat licking it. well I hope that's all it did to it.

We'll know soon enough.  What's the gestation period for a Yukon cap?  Or was it still in it's plastic wrapper for "protection?"

Pusser said:
We'll know soon enough.  What's the gestation period for a Yukon cap? 
What's it for a cat?  You never know, there might have been a reach around of some sort.

Pusser said:
We'll know soon enough.  What's the gestation period for a Yukon cap?  Or was it still in it's platic wrapper for protection?

I live in northern ont it's been used

MJP said:
  To be fair though there is issued poly type stuff that one can wear in the field that takes up less room under the helmet.

The issued poly stuff is not very warm though, even under the helmet.

Jed said:
The issued poly stuff is not very warm though, even under the helmet.

I disagree as I find it too warm once you get moving, but just great if you have to have your head out while crew commanding or sitting around on OP. But that is just my opinion...

My brain must not be generating enough BTUs to heat my head, I guess.  >:D

Jed said:
My brain must not be generating enough BTUs to heat my head, I guess.  >:D

While judging by both our profiles, we both only have one brain together after the lobotomy so we are doing fine..

Crantor said:
Same as a Tribble.

Uh-oh!

"There must be thousands of them!"
"Hundreds of thousands."
"One million, seven hundred seventy-one thousand, five hundred sixty-one. That's assuming one fur cap, multiplying with an average litter of ten, producing a new generation every twelve hours over a period of three days–"
"And that's assuming that it got here three days ago–"

On second thought, we may now have found a way to solve the debt crisis! Sell off the caps, and recover millions.  Who said uniform procurement was a waste of money?

got mine!!  Looked at the size and wondered XL really??  Too big.  Went with recommended size based on beret size of 7 3/8.  Oh well maybe I can get the right size by the time it gets cold again.

Now a question - what in the world is the front flap for??? To cover your face when facing a firing squad?

CountDC said:
Now a question - what in the world is the front flap for??? To cover your face when facing a firing squad?

I took a picture of it flipped down and posted it just to make a "caption this!" joke.  There were some good ones.

I ordered mine last October and got it Monday. Just in time, it is 27 degrees outside !!!

Got mine about two weeks ago, wayyyyyy too small.  Ordered a medium and it came extra tiny.  Called them up and told them it was small.  I sent it back and less than a week later, got a large size one, just fits.

The first public appearance of mine will be at the April Fools' Day mess dinner in a couple of weeks.

Back