• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Yukon Fur Hat

Reaper-1 said:
What are the dress regulations regarding the Yukon Fur Hat and what it can be worn with?

Very spiffy with welding goggles, snorkel, black cape, red Speedo (remember - the potato goes in the front, not in the back), and rubber boots.

I'm still waiting for the opportunity to present itself to wear mine with "trousers, DEU, size to small/floodies" and "sweater, Blue, bodyhugging, 2 sizes to small".  Of course, my "boots, black, Austin Powers" would complete the outfit. 

Now there is a pic for those "how to wear your orders of dress" posters around the CAF....

So now the Mounties are changing their minds, sort of:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/rcmp-swapping-muskrat-fur-hats-for-animal-friendly-alternative-1.2028529

I bet 99% of these people who campaign for `don`t hurt the butterflies`campaigns walk right past homeless people on the streets with their latte`s and apple fritters.

Pusser said:
So now the Mounties are changing their minds, sort of:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/rcmp-swapping-muskrat-fur-hats-for-animal-friendly-alternative-1.2028529

Sheesh!  First they get rid of their Pith Helmets, then the Buffalo hide coats, now the Muskrat hats... what about tradition!  ;)

jollyjacktar said:
Sheesh!  First they get rid of their Pith Helmets, then the Buffalo hide coats, now the Muskrat hats... what about tradition!  ;)

Don't worry.  I am sure there is some Minister and an Old Boys network that will bring in the wearing of some fancy pin made in China to celebrate something or other.

George Wallace said:
Don't worry.  I am sure there is some Minister and an Old Boys network that will bring in the wearing of some fancy pin made in China to celebrate something or other.

Damn, I would laugh my ass off to see them saddled with some of the stupid pins they make us wear.

jollyjacktar said:

It's a dark day in the history of the force.

Fortunately, nobody wastes their time trying to stomp out dress idosyncrasies. If you have a piece of functional kit that was last issued ten or fifteen years ago, nobody cares if you continue to wear it. It's not easy to find two mounties who are dressed exactly alike outside of Depot, so anyone who already has their fur hat is good to go.

Brihard said:
It's a dark day in the history of the force.

Fortunately, nobody wastes their time trying to stomp out dress idosyncrasies. If you have a piece of functional kit that was last issued ten or fifteen years ago, nobody cares if you continue to wear it. It's not easy to find two mounties who are dressed exactly alike outside of Depot, so anyone who already has their fur hat is good to go.

....or, can get one courtesy of friends in the CAF  >:D

The government has ordered the RCMP to continue using the fur hat.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ottawa-overturns-rcmp-decision-to-swap-muskrat-fur-hats-for-wool-tuques-1.2032174

Apparently, the fur industry needs the RCMP sales to stay in business.  Guess that means our new hat will probably also hang around for a while still.

MCG said:
The government has ordered the RCMP to continue using the fur hat.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/ottawa-overturns-rcmp-decision-to-swap-muskrat-fur-hats-for-wool-tuques-1.2032174
Here's Tuesday's Q&A in the House:
Mr. Robert Sopuck (Dauphin—Swan River—Marquette, CPC):  Mr. Speaker, recently the RCMP announced that it had decided to discontinue its use of the iconic muskrat hat. This unilateral move by the RCMP has outraged the fur industry, rural and remote communities, and thousands of trappers.  The fur trade is vital to the economy of many remote rural communities, communities that often have few other economic options.  Radical animal rights activists have as their goal the complete elimination of the fur trade. Will the Minister of the Environment tell the House what the government intends to do about this egregious anti-fur decision by the RCMP?

Hon. Leona Aglukkaq (Minister of the Environment, Minister of the Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency and Minister for the Arctic Council, CPC):  Mr. Speaker, I would like to thank my colleague, the member for Dauphin—Swan River—Marquette, for the question.  I would like to assure Canadians that the Minister of Public Safety has taken actions to ensure that the historic fur winter hats worn by the RCMP will not be discontinued, despite the efforts of radical animal rights activists. The RCMP decision, which is causing much glee among anti-fur activists, is being fully overturned.  Our government will always stand up for Canada's hunters and trappers.
MCG said:
Apparently, the fur industry needs the RCMP sales to stay in business.
Not suprisingly, this, from the fur producers' info-machine:  "Fur Institute of Canada Applauds Government's Support of Canadian Trappers".

Working on the Site C review I got to speak to a bunch of the trappers who go after muskrat, they are already suffering from a major drop in supply due to changes in the PAD, a loss of a large domestic market would hit a lot of these very rural people that live near the economic margins.

Christmas in July!  Today I learned that I could order more than one Yukon Cap!

1 hat every 4 years.  :D

I thought they were a bit daft until Ottawa winters.  The toques don't stand a chance, so wear it regularly.  Of course, had to leave it at work in the summer, or else the dogs hunt it in the house, and somehow get it off high shelves etc.

Dolphin_Hunter said:
Christmas in July!  Today I learned that I could order more than one Yukon Cap!

1 hat every 4 years.  :D
Outstanding piece of kit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My favourite winter hat. I was skeptical, until I actually wore mine in the cold.

Back