• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

FlyingDutchman said:
The washerfluid in question had "good to -45" on it, but yes, I have seen the ones that are good only to ten below.
Dumbest thing I almost did today?  Take a drink while reading this thread.  You, good sir, almost owed me a new monitor!  Well done!  :salute:

Technoviking said:
Dumbest thing I almost did today?  Take a drink while reading this thread.  You, good sir, almost owed me a new monitor!  Well done!  :salute:

When Windshield Washing Fluid that doesn't freeze in your traditional testi-freezing Canadian winter is invented, will be a glorious day indeed

Sounds like I found some sensitive Leafs fans.  ;D

....although they did win the Stanley Cup.......in 1967.    :nod:

Danjanou said:
Hey I'm in the room  :'(

And you're a sensitive guy.  Clearly.  ;)

Must be bored because I've just noticed the title of this thread.  Shouldn't it be "What's"? 

PMedMoe said:
And you're a sensitive guy.  Clearly.  ;)

Must be bored because I've just noticed the title of this thread.  Shouldn't it be "What's"?

Frickin grammar nazi, FTFY 8)

Rookie Green said:
Last night one of my friends got punched by some guy who came in to steal our student organization's honour roll with the names of all our WW2 war dead on it- To say everyone here is pissed is putting it lightly.

Ok maybe I missed something how is this "What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?"

Hopefully though the mouthbreathers who committed act this are caught.

Volkswagen pulls ad with pregnant woman after complaints

Volkswagen Canada has pulled a television ad featuring two men so distracted by a car that they ignore a woman in labour after complaints it was insensitive.

The ad shows a man driving his pregnant wife to the hospital then leaving her sitting in the car while he and a paramedic admire the features of his Volkswagen Passat.

Volkswagen Canada spokesman Thomas Tetzlaff said Tuesday the company decided to pull the ad earlier this month after a small number of complaints from customers who felt the spot portrayed pregnant women in a bad light.

"I don't know if they used the word sexist but the gist of the complaint was that we weren't very fair to the pain and suffering that goes along with childbirth," Tetzlaff said.

"Upon second thought we thought, holy cow, that certainly wasn't the intent, but if anybody construes that way, we should pull it."

Katie Griffin, the actress who portrayed the pregnant woman in the ad, said she was "absolutely stunned" that it was pulled.

While she wasn't pregnant when the ad was shot, she had just given birth three months earlier.

"I was not offended at all by the spot," Griffin said in an email, adding she found it funny and was struggling to understand how people could deem it offensive to women.

"The whole process of labour, for me anyway, was this crazy, intense, roller-coaster ride -- a sense of humour was my saving grace."

More at link

Get over it, people.  It's a commercial.  ::)

I thought the commercial was clever. Then again, it shows a man being stupid, or clumsy, or, useless etc, so how is it different from virtually every other commercial?

Link
Middle East unrest to persist in 2012, Amnesty says
Response of foreign powers to repression called 'inconsistent'

Really? So that's where IQ points go to die.

Math problems cause outrage:

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/world-22186928/slave-math-27815421.html

The teachers involved don't need diversity training.  They need SMARTEN THE F#@K Up! Training.

Maybe not so much dumb as insensitive (highlights mine).

Tori Stafford's family fumes over accused killer's smile

Victoria Stafford's father is fuming after the man accused of kidnapping, sexually assaulting and murdering his eight-year-old girl flashed a smile to his lawyers before a confidential hearing on Monday.

"I was pissed, to be quite honest," Rodney Stafford, Victoria's father, said. "My little girl's gone. You can't stand there accused of first-degree murder and have a good time in the courtroom."

Michael Thomas Rafferty stands accused first-degree murder, sexual assault causing bodily harm and kidnapping in the death of Victoria (Tori).

Rafferty's lawyer told reporters the accused man is hardly having a good time as the lengthy legal proceedings wind their way toward a trial this spring.

"Imagine yourself waiting for two years to decide the entire fate of the entire rest of your life," Dirk Derstine said.

More at link

Imagine not having an "entire rest of your life" at all, Mr. Derstine.

In the same vein, this:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/story/2012/01/17/montreal-murder-haiti-parole-hearing.html

Haitian-born murderer to receive aboriginal parole hearing
Father of Montreal girl murdered in 1994 enraged by killer's application

A Montreal-area man whose daughter was murdered nearly 18 years ago says the aboriginal parole hearing granted to her Haitian-born killer is a “travesty.”

Michael Manning said he is flying to Winnipeg, where an elder-assisted hearing is scheduled to take place Wednesday for Gregory Bromby, a Canadian citizen who was convicted of murder in 1997 in the stabbing death of 15-year-old Tara Manning three years earlier.

More at link.

Whether you agree with separate parole processes for aboriginals or not, you have to agree that this is over the top.

Maybe we need to start an "Insensitive Boors" thread.

Dead man's family gets water bill break

PORT COLBORNE, Ont. - This small Ontario city's council will excuse most of a dead man's water bill after his family complained to the media they were being treated without a lot of sympathy by the city.

Allister MacPherson died suddenly on Sept. 28 and the bathroom tap in his home ran for three weeks before family members discovered his body.

The steady flow resulted in a whopping water bill totalling $586.44 - including $14.30 as a late payment charge.

More at link

In the end, the bill was reduced to $162.85 but some councillors were still opposed. 

Kind of reminds me of when my Dad passed away.  He had just renewed his subscription for the daily newspaper.  When we were home for the funeral, I went to the newspaper's office to cancel the delivery and get a partial refund.  When the clerk asked why the subscription was being cancelled, I responded, "The person who was receiving it passed away."  You could have heard a pin drop, but she served me quickly and offered condolences.

Also, have to like the comment in the article by one of the councillors; "If there isn't a precedent, this may set it and open the floodgates."

Makes you wonder if he intended the pun or not?    ;D

CFHA sent a notice to the NOK of a fallen soldier stating that they owed the CFHA half a months rent.

Yes I saw red.  :rage: It was sorted out very quickly.

Back