• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Journeyman said:
[I try to ignore the Recruiting threads; but you're fair game, posting out here with the grown-ups  :nod: ]

Can't rape the willing... hahaha..

Came across this gem today. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/9027394/France-plans-Napoleonland.html

"Other curious potential attractions include a ski run through a battlefield "surrounded by the frozen bodies of soldiers and horses" and a recreation of Louis XVI being guillotined during the revolution – the precursor to Napoleon’s rise to power.

"It's going to be fun for the family,” he Mr Jégo told the Times."

The French often seem to overlook the fact that Napoleon lost in the end...

As for major displays on Napoleon's losses?  That's like Disneyland putting one on where the crowds get to watch Bugs Bunny kick Mickey's butt (which he so totally could)!

Pusser said:
I want to see the lawyers confer with their clients.

I'd prefer that the PETA people confer with the killer whales - that would be amusing.

"Here, get in this wet suit and hop in the tank with them - they really are nothing but big friendly dolphins.... >:D....you'll love it!!!!"

Jim Seggie said:
I'd prefer that the PETA people confer with the killer whales - that would be amusing.

"Here, get in this wet suit and hop in the tank with them - they really are nothing but big friendly dolphins.... >:D....you'll love it!!!!" As you blow on your whistle signalling that it's "Supper Time!!"

Even better, they should dress as their favourite mascot - a seal (synthetic fur of course - like a plastic food wrapper).

i find that the dumbest thing i heard today or any day at that are the people who come on to the forums and type a really long and complciated sentence or querie in such a way that as you are reading it you slowly begin to realise there are no commas or periods and then your lungs almost burn from the fact that the writer has not grammtically instructed you to breathe by using those literary devices and i find that its a really fascinating thought that you 'run out of breath' from simply reading a very enlongated run-on sentence.

Welcome to the forums.

GhostofJacK said:
i find that the dumbest thing i heard today or any day at that are the people who come on to the forums and type a really long and complciated sentence or querie in such a waybreathe that as you are reading it you slowly begin to realise there are no commas or periods and then your lungs almost burn from the fact that the writer has not grammtically instructed you to breathe breatheby using those literary devices and i find that its a really fascinating thought that you 'run out of breath' from simply reading a very enlongated run-on sentence. breathe

Welcome to the forums.

GhostofJacK said:
Thank you Gap. I feel smrter now

More oxygenated at least.....I was running out of breath just reading it..... ;D

While wearing my leaf jersey grocery shopping today a older gentleman came up to me and said "why don't you cheer for a canadian team?"

I know he meant it as a jab but it was pretty damn lame.  :facepalm:

Had a friend at work today talking in the canteen about IMP's and hot rations. Then he looks at me and asks me what did I eat while in the sandbox. The whole room when went quite.... I look at him with a shit grin and told him "Little Afghan boys" He was totally dumbfounded. Ha ha ha ha ha.. Poor civvie employee beside me choked on her pop. Ha... ha... Ask a dumb question, get a dumb answer.

GhostofJacK said:
i find that the dumbest thing i heard today or any day at that are the people who come on to the forums and type a really long and complciated sentence or querie in such a way that as you are reading it you slowly begin to realise there are no commas or periods and then your lungs almost burn from the fact that the writer has not grammtically instructed you to breathe by using those literary devices and i find that its a really fascinating thought that you 'run out of breath' from simply reading a very enlongated run-on sentence.

Welcome to the forums.

Reminds me of an essay my ex wrote at Queen's one year...but was 6 pages long.  It was hard to edit...scary thing, she was a PhD candidate.

MM

I was reading a draft speech my boss wrote once. There was one sentence that took up a complete paragraph. However it wasn't a sentence because it didn't include a verb.

Back