• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Jim Seggie said:
You know that "men" are not required to raise children?  ;)
Sad, but true story.  Back when I was at University, and I think it was in my final year, I had a student say that exact statement to me.  With a straight face.

Anyway, in the photo :
article-2073907-0F28B33700000578-575_634x430.jpg

There is a family portrait on the wall behind her.  One adult and two children.  Probably dad with his kids. 

If ever there was a candidate for great big sack of coal (upside the head)....

Technoviking said:
Sad, but true story.  Back when I was at University, and I think it was in my final year, I had a student say that exact statement to me.  With a straight face.

Anyway, in the photo :
article-2073907-0F28B33700000578-575_634x430.jpg

There is a family portrait on the wall behind her.  One adult and two children.  Probably dad with his kids.

Picture or no, where is he? I cannot believe that this spoiled little brat is getting away with terrifying her mother and everything else, with a proper male influence in the house.

If she is, Dad should take off his skirt, grow a moustache, adjust his package and act like a man. Sort out his poltergiest, teach her manners, how to be a lady and that adults, especially parents, are to be respected and listened to.

recceguy said:
Picture or no, where is he? I cannot believe that this spoiled little brat is getting away with terrifying her mother and everything else, with a proper male influence in the house.

If she is, Dad should take off his skirt, grow a moustache, adjust his package and act like a man. Sort out his poltergiest, teach her manners, how to be a lady and that adults, especially parents, are to be respected and listened to.

What and hurt her self esteem? You cad! The poor little darling is already struggling what with not having those goodies on the list, and then you suggest brutalizing her, endlessly..................................I wonder if they need a volunteer, hmmmmm....

Obviously she hasn't learned that you don't F#$% with Santa.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/153850/i-just-couldnt-let-him-live

or this clip

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/103839/the-antichrist-is-born

The ruckus caused by the appointment of Randy Cunneyworth being appoint coach of the Montreal Canadiens, due to the fact that he's a unilingual anglophone.  ::)

Article here:  http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Montreal/2011/12/18/19139906.html

Love this comment:  Montreal-based sports historian Matthew Barlow said he understands where these feelings come from.

"You've got a French-Canadian team with no French Canadian stars being coached by a guy who doesn't speak French," he said.

Exactly. 

Jim Seggie said:
Sacrilege !!!! Blasphemer!!!

You know that "men" are not required to raise children?  ;)

.......and as Chris Rock pointed out.......you can probably drive a car with your feet too.......it doesn't make it a good idea.

PMedMoe said:
The ruckus caused by the appointment of Randy Cunneyworth being appoint coach of the Montreal Canadiens, due to the fact that he's a unilingual anglophone.  ::)

Article here:  http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/Montreal/2011/12/18/19139906.html

Love this comment:  Montreal-based sports historian Matthew Barlow said he understands where these feelings come from.

"You've got a French-Canadian team with no French Canadian stars being coached by a guy who doesn't speak French," he said.

Exactly.

Maybe the rule should be that the habs be made up of nothing but French Canadians - and the staff as well. Lets see how far in the playoffs they get - or even into the playoffs.

Much ado about SFA.

Jim Seggie said:
Maybe the rule should be that the habs be made up of nothing but French Canadians - and the staff as well. Lets see how far in the playoffs they get - or even into the playoffs.

Much ado about SFA.

Of course we could then apply that rule to the league as a whole. All players on an NHL team must be born and raised in the immediate area of said team. So how good is the peewee hockey program in Tampa Bay and Scottsdale Arizona?  >:D

You laugh, but we've had teams fly up from schools in arizona and california to play in the bell capital cup atom/peewee tournament in Ottawa on their own private jets.  Credit checks are done on the parents before you can even get your kid to try out.

I'm really tired of the Quebecois politicians and media jumping all over the Habs on the coach issue - if they make the playoffs and do well, the media will say Well done - if they don't it will all be the fault of the English pig dog coach.

Are the Habs supposed to play hockey and win - or teach French to English Pig Dog coaches?

If only the Leafs had a language issue they could blame for their failings.....  :whistle:

Journeyman said:
If only the Leafs had a language issue they could blame for their failings.....  :whistle:

Theirs is more of a communication problem. Someone apparently forgot to tell them to play hockey. ;D

FlyingDutchman said:
While grocey shopping I over hear this "Is this all season washerfluid good for winter?"

That's not as dumb as you may think.

There is winter grade washer fluid on the market. It is good for temps lower than the standard "all season" washer fluids which are good down to about -10C.

Currently I am experiencing the issue that what may be considered good for winter in Virginia is not good for early winter in Nova Scotia. It's wonderful driving through heavy flurries in the Cobequid Pass, hitting the sprayer and watching the washer fluid freeze over with each pass of the blade.

But it's still great  to be home for the holidays.

The washerfluid in question had "good to -45" on it, but yes, I have seen the ones that are good only to ten below.

FlyingDutchman said:
The washerfluid in question had "good to -45" on it, but yes, I have seen the ones that are good only to ten below.

OK. That was D U M B.

Journeyman said:

Is that the part where they rake in $$$ and never have an empty seat in the ACC?  ;)

Back