• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's the dumbest thing you heard said today?

Had to spend a few hours draining the fuel system of a brand new 5Kw diesel generator on Milcon back in '88.

And when I say brand new, the dumb [excrement] took it out of the crate, fresh, never been started up, filled the tank with gas and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't start. Needless to say, the CO of his unit was not impressed when they had to go without lights that night.

Was on an exercise when I was in the mo that saw all the gasoline powered vehicles down for the count because the Svc Bn guys that bought the bulk fuel didn't dniff check it before filling the Iltis's up...worse thing was it was Grey Cup Day, so anyone in an Iltis didn't get to see the game in their respective messes.  My ambulance was diesel, so I didn't care  ;D.

MM

Uh.... right....
You know, especially given all the time we spent together and the long talks we had after I invaded your home and held you at knifepoint, I thought you were people I could trust. We shared a meal together, for God's sake. Yes, it was just Cheetos and Dr. Pepper, but I was so hungry from a long day of fleeing that to me it was like Thanksgiving. We even watched "Patch Adams," because you said that's what you wanted to watch, not because I like that movie. But the minute I fall asleep, you go and escape, which meant the police could come in and arrest me. I mean, I thought we had an understanding.

And that is why I'm suing you for breach of contract.

-----

Something like that may have been in the mind of Jesse Dimmick, who sued Jared and Lindsay Rowley last month. Dimmick was convicted in May 2010 of four felonies, including two counts of kidnapping, for a 2009 incident in which he held the Rowleys against their will for several hours. Dimmick was fleeing a murder charge in a stolen van when he drove over some spikes laid by Topeka police. The van came to rest in the Rowleys' front yard, and Dimmick then invited himself in at knifepoint to enjoy some involuntary hospitality ....
Lowering the Bar legal news blog, 28 Nov 11

More in the Denver Post here.

Too bad they can't tack on additional time to his original sentence for harassment of the victims. Or better yet, invoke the death penalty and save the state the cost of keeping him locked up, 'cause he obviously has too much time on his hands.

Saw a dumb PSA today from NYC. The message is good: Don't drink and drive. Edit: At second glance, it looks like he may have been in a bar fight.
But, the patient care is not.
The patient has a c-collar, but no backboard, and the patient is in the Fowler's position. The chin rest on the c-collar is folded inside the collar.  :-[
The shoulder straps were not fastened either. No sand bags or tape. Don't think they even gave him a blanket.

CELLPHONE DWEEB'S here in BC, Friggin almost got ran down... So I walked up to the driver's window and knocked. She buzzes the window down. I Reach in and grab her cell phone and rip it in half.. "Opps" I say..
Your CELL isnt working too bad so sad,,,.... BYE BYE.. and walk away.. BC has as far as I'am concerned and i
have lived here 25yrs are Canada's worst driver's... Anyway my  :panic: Cheer's mate's... Scoty B

wildman0101 said:
CELLPHONE DWEEB'S here in BC, Friggin almost got ran down... So I walked up to the driver's window and knocked. She buzzes the window down. I Reach in and grab her cell phone and rip it in half.. "Opps" I say..
Your CELL isnt working too bad so sad,,,.... BYE BYE.. and walk away.. BC has as far as I'am concerned and i
have lived here 25yrs are Canada's worst driver's... Anyway my  :panic: Cheer's mate's... Scoty B
:salute:

Florida teen detained by TSA for design on her purse

It's not unusual for 17-year-old to find themselves in hot water with the fashion police. But on a flight from Virginia to Florida, Vanessa Gibbs found herself detained by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) over the appearance of her purse.

And just to be clear, it wasn't the content inside the purse that the TSA objected to. No, agency officials took exception with the design of a gun on Gibbs' handbag.

"It's my style, it's camouflage, it has an old western gun on it," Gibbs told News4Jax.com. Gibbs didn't run into any trouble while traveling north from Jacksonville International Airport. But on her way back home, TSA officials at Norfolk International Airport pulled her aside.

"She was like, 'This is a federal offense because it's in the shape of a gun,'" Gibbs said. "I'm like, 'But it's a design on a purse. How is it a federal offense?'"

More at link

I think security has gone a little too far.  ::)

Like the piece of bathroom tissue that told me I had to get rid of the 1 inch nail file on my nail clipper or the other one that wondered if the med bag I was taking on the aircraft had gun tape in it...I didn't tell him about the morphine auto injectors, large scalpels, etc.  The guy said  the file was a lethal weapon...I asked him if he happened to notice what I did for a living and would you like to try that again... Doesn't say much for an aircrew or the passengers if you can take the A/C over with an under sized nail file and a roll of gun tape, especially when the cockpit is actually blocked from the passenger cabin by cargo as was on that flight ::).

medicineman said:
Like the piece of bathroom tissue that told me I had to get rid of the 1 inch nail file on my nail clipper or the other one that wondered if the med bag I was taking on the aircraft had gun tape in it...I didn't tell him about the morphine auto injectors, large scalpels, etc.  The guy said  the file was a lethal weapon...I asked him if he happened to notice what I did for a living and would you like to try that again... Doesn't say much for an aircrew or the passengers if you can take the A/C over with an under sized nail file and a roll of gun tape, especially when the cockpit is actually blocked from the passenger cabin by cargo as was on that flight ::).

Ya, I thought the same thing when I was told I couldn't bring my nail clippers with the file to Wainwright back in 2000.  Here we are flying to a base inside Canada, entirely military, and we can't bring a SMALL nail file?  What are my chances of even reaching the cockpit let alone taking out a pilot with a tiny nail file? :)

I though it was completely stupid when we were coming out of Wainwright, with our gear, in CADPAT, and they were swiping everybody's kit and freaking out that it had residue on it. I tried to explain that me, and the several hundred other folk in green, were members of the military, and had just completed a big exercise, so almost all of us would turn up something that would set the machine off. They didn't get it.....duh......

I had a great laugh in KAF when they ran my C7 through the x-ray, and then the guy behind me had a C9 they ran through. Yes, the x-ray confirmed it - it was indeed a weapon.....my bad.

When I first moved down to the DC area a few months after 9/11, security was so tight, one could not fart without creating a major security alert.

I was doing the tourist thing one weekend, and decided to stop for lunch in the Old Post Office Building a few blocks from the Mall. It has a shopping area and food court. But it also has federal offices upstairs, so in order to enter the building you need to go through a security check similar to that of any airport. Bags are checked, passed through an x-ray, and you go through a magnetometer. I happened to have a small pocket knife, and was told that I couldn't bring it into the building, and would be required to leave it at the security point. I decided that it wasn't worth the hassle, so I left.

A month or so later I returned, this time leaving the pocket knife at home. Passed through security, and proceeded into shopping abd food court area where I found a stor that sold pocket knives, and one full service restaurant that used real (non-plastic) silverware.

:facepalm: Yep. Irony. Makes life interesting.

PMedMoe said:
Florida teen detained by TSA for design on her purse

It's not unusual for 17-year-old to find themselves in hot water with the fashion police. But on a flight from Virginia to Florida, Vanessa Gibbs found herself detained by the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) over the appearance of her purse.

And just to be clear, it wasn't the content inside the purse that the TSA objected to. No, agency officials took exception with the design of a gun on Gibbs' handbag.

"It's my style, it's camouflage, it has an old western gun on it," Gibbs told News4Jax.com. Gibbs didn't run into any trouble while traveling north from Jacksonville International Airport. But on her way back home, TSA officials at Norfolk International Airport pulled her aside.

"She was like, 'This is a federal offense because it's in the shape of a gun,'" Gibbs said. "I'm like, 'But it's a design on a purse. How is it a federal offense?'"

More at link

I think security has gone a little too far.  ::)

And in Ottawa a school has stated that any girls/women wearing yoga pants must cover up their .....ummm....assets with a long sweater or shirt.

Morons - Two points here:

1. If any male wears his pants too low so that his under wear shows he has to be corrected as well.
2. Lets worry about the kids' ability to read, write, do math etc, not how they dress.

158 of our fellow soldiers, a diplomat, a reporter and two aid workers didn't die so morons from schools could dictate sh!t like this.

Jim Seggie said:
And in Ottawa a school has stated that any girls/women wearing yoga pants must cover up their .....ummm....assets with a long sweater or shirt.

those pants CAN get rather distracting...on the right lady of course  ;D

Today at the gym, a rather large gentleman worked up a sweat on one of the cardio machines and left behind a significant amount of sweat on the floor/machine. I approached him and kindly said "you should clean that up!", hoping he would be light-hearted about it, as we have conversed before. He replied with: "people here get paid to do that" and walked away. 

Jim Seggie said:

1. If any male wears his pants too low so that his under wear shows he has to be corrected as well.
2. Lets worry about the kids' ability to read, write, do math etc, not how they dress.

Actually, I am not against a "dress code" of sorts in schools.  Kids have enough on their plates without worrying about competing as fashion models. 

And I fully agree with point number one.  :nod:

PMedMoe said:
Actually, I am not against a "dress code" of sorts in schools.  Kids have enough on their plates without worrying about competing as fashion models. 

And I fully agree with point number one.  :nod:
:nod:

Staff Weenie said:
I had a great laugh in KAF when they ran my C7 through the x-ray, and then the guy behind me had a C9 they ran through. Yes, the x-ray confirmed it - it was indeed a weapon.....my bad.
Even better was when we were told going from Mirage to KAF that we could not have any knives etc. on our person, but the 9mm and ammo was fine, we were actually told to "not bother the MPs, they've been told it's stupid before and don't need to hear it again."

I think my worse airport experience was actually coming home from Afghanistan in full Arid CADPAT and having the Ottawa security people get their jollies by doing a strip search of me.  It annoyed me, but at that point I didn't care because my wife and 4 month old daughter were waiting for me.

Back