• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What is your military status?

What is your military or non military status?

• Total voters
Yrys said:
continuing small hijack

I'm curious, Vern, as a wanna-be mom/one day, isn't it difficult to impose change for an adolescent?
How do you do it ?

Live under my roof? Then it'd be out with the smoking, drinking boyfriend for my 17 year old underage daughter as that is what bothers me about all her pics from a mom's perspective.

Kat,
As a military pers, I hope she's ready to give up her eyeliner and tongue ring (as stated in my original post), which are in the military's regulations. I pass no judgement upon her or her abilities.

Retired Reg MP 811, Snr NCO, Took FRP 95 after 18 years,
CFB Hfx, 4 CMBG MPPL, Lahr (best 6 years of my life - Field MP), CFB Moncton, CFB Baden :cdn:
Now Public Affairs at Res Bde HQ

javascript:void(0);
Canadian

Army Reserves, Infantry. Start my BMQ tonight as a matter of fact! I'm psyched.

Hi, first post here on the forum

Poll: Law enforcement - Saskatchewan Provincial Government

Hoping to join the reserves in Regina for fall 2007  :)

Tow Gunner ADP - O Coy 3RCR - 4CMBG Been out for a while but man oh man do I miss the "Brotherhood". Cheers.

I have 17 yrs Reg force
10 yrs on Submarines "O-boats"
1 yr on steamers (Fraser & Skeena)
4 yrs on Frigates (Winnipeg)
I am currently on my way to being an AESop, the best kept secret in the CF, I have wanted to do this for so long, I can't wait for my BAC in April.

I also did one silly summer in the ARTY reserves in Shilo.
It cured me off any Combart-Arms aspirations, I like sleeping in warm beds, but have the utmost respect for anyone that chooses that life.
They are the tip of the sword in the CF, and deserve so much more than they are getting.

Quote from: Brazil_66 on January 30, 2005, 00:09:04
Im currently in Army Cadets and hopefully if all goes well, I will be moving on to bigger and better things with the Reserves (BCD's) in 3 to 4 months, Or Reg Force Cook, hopefully soon.
- Shawn

Quote from: Brazil_66 on January 30, 2005, 00:09:04
(Change in plans)
Still in Cadets, but
Hopefully by September or earlier I will be going in as a Reg Force Cook, just have the Medical, Interview & PT Test to do.

Brazil_66 said:
Passed Basic Training (May - July) and I am now waiting for my Cooks Training in Borden

Passed the Cooks Course and happy to be a Cook

Actually I was in here listed as a reservist but now I'm actually a Reg Force creature! I'm at CFB Borden in PRETC (Yay.... Lol... ).... Going to be a Sig op!

Anyone else course starting in August for Sigs in Kingston???

Former Army Cadet. Got to Warrant, went on exchange to Scotland. Now I'm waiting for CFRC Kitchener to finish my background check and send my file back to 11th Field Arty so I can start with the unit.

Former Army Cadet, 1746 EME 1 SVC BN, also a warrant.  Retired to join the Reserves, 44th Field Engineer (affiliated with 1 CER), left after a year for gainful employment.  In the process of reenlisting for Regular Force Infantry.

I should update this I suppose. Was an Army Cadet throughout my youth, went to college and worked as a civi in Office Admin since then, and am now a Pte(R) headed to BMQ next weekend to begin my journey as a Medical Technician.

Well, got back from Iraq the end of march, took the whole month of April off, dealt with a at times twisted separation from my now 'ex', then back to work 01 May, and off to the field for three weeks, now freshly back from Shoalwater Bay.

I smashed up my left knee in Baghdad, with surgury expected in June (hopefully). So I will be in recoup' mode for 5 or 6 weeks, adn finally I will be able to have a bit of a rest from my deployment, even though I will be 'licking' my wounds, but this time they are physical wounds, ha!

I enjoyed my first weekend back from the field, and only three more sleeps til Friday for yet another weekend at home.

Shoalwater Bay was serious hard yakka (work), and long days, torrential rain in the tropics, which meant we were wet for days, with our feet looking rather pruned up, white and blistered. At least it was warm, about 27 or 28 by day and high teens at night. Lots of live fire, and lots of moving around, so everyone was kept busy.

50 ant bites on my left arm alone, and I was stung by a Euro honey bee right in my vehicle on the 700km trip home. Oh joy.

So thats me up to date, my status is I am alive and well.

Cheers from the Light Horse!

Forward!

Wes

Active duty for the US Army, in the mighty 3rd Infantry division most decorated in US history, take care Can-Am

Marking time here at the Unit (DO and Tp Admin bitch), pre-surgical mode, as I go under the knife from a knee injury courtesy of the roof of the Baath Party HQ in Baghdad. Go in for it in about a week, then some much needed R&R. Hope to be off for several weeks in re-coup mode, coming back better and in less discomfort. Aside from that, nothing.

I'd have more confidence if it was a nice modern civvy hospital, but ... oh no, its an army hospital, and need I say more.

Cheers,

Wes

Wesley  Down Under said:
Marking time here at the Unit (DO and Tp Admin bitch), pre-surgical mode, as I go under the knife from a knee injury courtesy of the roof of the Baath Party HQ in Baghdad. Go in for it in about a week, then some much needed R&R. Hope to be off for several weeks in re-coup mode, coming back better and in less discomfort. Aside from that, nothing.

I'd have more confidence if it was a nice modern civvy hospital, but ... oh no, its an army hospital, and need I say more.

Cheers,

Wes

Wes, they'll probably have you up mopping the floors in two days  ;D  (shades of a Brit hospital in Germany back in the fifties, where the patients did a lot[most] of the menial tasks)

Get well and look after yourself.    Drummy

Back