• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Therapeutic Cannabis use

Journeyman said:
FALSE
:panic:​
(apparently, brutally large font and bright colours makes info more important  :nod:  )

NASA Discovers New Planet Covered with Marijuana
Sorry, but Planet X637Z-43 doesn't exist and therefore isn't a natural habitat for pot. 
Snopes

Dang you Meddling Kids!!!!

See how outlandish both sides can appear, even though you make the fonts big in the title??  Pssst  ChiefStoker

;)

Actually I didn't do it gather attention, I just thought it was an interesting post as it was all over the news lately. I also bet a mate that you would be the first to comment. :rofl:

Chief Stoker said:
Actually I didn't do it gather attention, I just thought it was an interesting post as it was all over the news lately. I also bet a mate that you would be the first to comment. :rofl:

There you go, I made you some Zum.

See us Pot heads are not that evil.  But you did read the part that said the syndrome was rare right?  OR did you just go for the headlines, so you can make a bet with a "Mate"?

:-*

.....recurrent nausea, vomiting, and crampy abdominal pain. It appears the that the main remedy for CHS symptoms is a hot shower.
My training wife experienced that too;  we called it "morning sickness."  :nod:

John Tescione said:

See us Pot heads are not that evil.  But you did read the part that said the syndrome was rare right?  OR did you just go for the headlines, so you can make a bet with a "Mate"?

Interesting, John. I've seen "Pot heads" as many things, but evil has never been one of them, Hilarious, entertaining: yes. Evil: never.

Oldgateboatdriver said:
Interesting, John. I've seen "Pot heads" as many things, but evil has never been one of them, Hilarious, entertaining: yes. Evil: never.

You do know there is no font for sarcasm, right?  Which is why I tried to use a smiley.

Thanks for coming out......

:subbies:

John Tescione said:

Actually they suspect its way more common as it went diagnosed in many people. Over at Green Veterans Canada they're calling it BS and a plot by big pharma even though some members there have experienced it.

BTW I'm not against MM use by those who truly need it and I have some friends who use it. What I am noticing is that anyone posts anything remotely negative about it, the backlash from the MM community about it being BS, or a plot by the government.

Chief Stoker said:
Actually they suspect its way more common as it went diagnosed in many people. Over at Green Veterans Canada they're calling it BS and a plot by big pharma even though some members there have experienced it.

BTW I'm not against MM use by those who truly need it and I have some friends who use it. What I am noticing is that anyone posts anything remotely negative about it, the backlash from the MM community about it being BS, or a plot by the government.

You are a member of GVC???

Wow, I doid not know.  Excellent group.  The founder is an awesome guy too!

;D

Chief Stoker said:
What I am noticing is that anyone posts anything remotely negative about it, the backlash from the MM community about it being BS, or a plot by the government.

I've never tried it.
But, it's nice to see this thread has lasted 8 pages, and hopefully into 2017, without a lock!  :)

George Wallace said:
I wonder if this may be a problem with some, and the solution offered, the cure?

Little-known illness tied to smoking weed on the rise is an article on CBS news about cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, or CHS.

Not really that new... it's been described in the medial literature since at least 1974. I typically see 2-3 cases per month. Despite what users might claim, it is a real condition, and has recognizable symptoms:

- chronic use, typically every day over several years (mean 9.6 years, low 3, high 16 years);
- crampy, epigastric or periumbical abdominal pain;
- age typically <50 (mean age 23), although this is expected to rise;
- symptoms predominate in the morning during the prodromal phase (months to years);
- normal bowel habits (in contrast to most other abdominal pain/vomiting presentations);
- normal laboratory, radiographic, and endoscopic test results;
- compulsive bathing to alleviate symptoms (a pathognomonic symptom); and
- resolution of symptoms upon cessation of cannabis.

The syndrome is thought to be caused by disregulation of the hypothalamus (hence the compulsive bathing). The current opinion on the mechanism is that cannabinoids are fat soluble, so a slow rise to toxicity takes place. Haloperidol at the anit-nauseant dose (2.5mg IV) is highly effective.

Sufferers are almost universal in their belief that their cannabis consumption is not to blame. What they misunderstand is the concept of a paradoxical drug reaction. Where low dose cannabis does have anti-emetic and appetite enhancing properties, over consumption can turn this completely around. Cannabis is not the only drug that produces paradoxical reactions. We frequently see a similar phenomenon with Gravol (Dimenhydrinate) overdose for example. Where you would expect profound sedation, you actually get considerable excitation and agitation (people who overdose on Gravol are quite literally stark raving mad). Benzodiazepines and some classes of antidepressants are also known to produce paradoxical reactions.

Here's a 2011 paper if you want to read more.

The foregoing is provided solely for educational purposes. It is not meant as a commentary on the appropriateness of cannabis use.

https://www.greenrushdaily.com/2015/11/11/long-term-effects-countries-legalized-marijuana/

Reefer Revolution: Your Guide to International Marijuana Law

We could very well be on the brink of a worldwide reefer revolution. Not only are more and more states in the U.S. starting to consider legalizing pot for medical and recreational uses, but more and more countries around the world are also starting to rethink marijuana law and consider the positive possibilities of pot.

legalize-cannabis-legalize-marijuana-legalize-weed-thcfinder.jpg

Mexico’s Supreme Court just ruled in favor of people growing their own marijuana plants for personal use and Canada’s new Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has been especially open about his support of legalizing cannabis. Hopefully the U.S.’s pot smoking neighbors can help put the pressure on to fully legalize.

Either way, though, it seems like the weed wave is starting and we need ride it all the way to hemp heaven!

Right now, here are the countries where it’s fully legal to possess weed:

Colombia
    Spain
    The Netherlands
    North Korea
    Uruguay

World-cannabis-laws.png

And here’s where it’s either been decriminalized or legalized for only certain types of use:

Germany
    Argentina
    Botswana
    Belize
    India
    U.S.
    Cyprus
    Czech Republic
    Puerto Rico
    Austria
    Italy
    Croatia
    Costa Rica
    Virgin Islands
    Russia
    Ukraine
    Peru
    Belgium
    Ecuador
    Bolivia
    Cambodia
    Chile
    Estonia
    Jamaica
    Mexico
    Portugal
    Slovenia
    Switzerland
    Australia
    Canada
    Lithuania

While there are still way too many countries where weed is straight up outlawed, the list of good guys seems to be growing. And it will continue to grow the more we see the positive effects of legalizing marijuana.

Legality_of_cannabis_for_medical_purposes.png

Here are the top 5 most important long-term effects on countries that have legalized marijuana:

#1: Fewer Resources Wasted.

One of the most expensive campaigns anywhere is the “war on drugs.” Countries around the globe waste millions upon millions of dollars every year trying to bust people for pot—for something that 158.8 million people both participate in and support.

And here’s the really sick thing: all that money spent trying to bust people for peacefully using something that grows out of the earth is money that could have been spent helping lives not destroying them.

It could have been spent on things like education, healthcare, housing, healthy food and water, and on and on….The main point is that in a world where basic resources are so unevenly distributed, it’s complete madness to spend so much time and money trying to bust people for getting high and using medicine.

#2: Less Violence. Period.

We’re all familiar with the anti-pot pundits who try to scare everyone by talking about how much violence cannabis use will somehow create.

Anybody who tells you that is flat-out lying. Countries around the world—as well as states in the U.S.—that have legalized marijuana have consistently seen a decrease in violence.

As Alternet puts it:

“Most ‘drug-related’ violence stems not from drug use, but from drug prohibition. The mass killings in Mexico and in many U.S. cities are not from marijuana or other drug use, but because the plants are worth more than gold and people are willing to kill each other over the profits to be made.”

#3: More Freedom.

And I don’t just mean freedom as in the freedom to do what you want, the freedom to get high if you want to.

That type of freedom is obviously important and that type of freedom definitely exists more in countries that have legalized pot.

I also mean literal freedom. At least one person gets arrested for some sort of marijuana “crime” every 45 seconds—that’s a sh*t ton of people needlessly getting arrested and having their freedoms in some way limited.

#4: Stronger Economies.

Places that have legalized marijuana are making bank! Cannabis-friendly cafes in The Netherlands, for example, make $3.2 billion every year, which means the Dutch government pulls in more than $600 million in taxes.

Stats in Colorado are saying pretty much the same thing. Economists there estimate that just two dispensaries create 280 jobs with an average paycheck of $17/hr. and generate $30 million of total economic activity.

Long-Term Effects on Countries That Have Legalized Marijuana
Save

Daaaaaammn! That’s a lot of green!

#5: Safer for Stoners.

This last one’s just you for you, the Green Rush Daily stoners. If you’re spending any time on this site, then obviously, the thing that’s probably most important to you in this whole conversation is simply that in countries where weed is legal or decriminalized, it’s easier and safer to enjoy your herb. For potheads around the world, it’s time to light one up and take a puff in solidarity—it’s high time we legalized this amazing little plant!

For potheads around the world, it’s time to light one up and take a puff in solidarity—it’s high time we legalized this amazing little plant!

mariomike said:
I've never tried it.
But, it's nice to see this thread has lasted 8 pages, and hopefully into 2017, without a lock!  :)
*looks at watch*
challenge accepted!

ModlrMike said:
Not really that new... it's been described in the medial literature since at least 1974. I typically see 2-3 cases per month. Despite what users might claim, it is a real condition, and has recognizable symptoms:

- chronic use, typically every day over several years (mean 9.6 years, low 3, high 16 years);
- crampy, epigastric or periumbical abdominal pain;
- age typically <50 (mean age 23), although this is expected to rise;
- symptoms predominate in the morning during the prodromal phase (months to years);
- normal bowel habits (in contrast to most other abdominal pain/vomiting presentations);
- normal laboratory, radiographic, and endoscopic test results;
- compulsive bathing to alleviate symptoms (a pathognomonic symptom); and
- resolution of symptoms upon cessation of cannabis.

The syndrome is thought to be caused by disregulation of the hypothalamus (hence the compulsive bathing). The current opinion on the mechanism is that cannabinoids are fat soluble, so a slow rise to toxicity takes place. Haloperidol at the anit-nauseant dose (2.5mg IV) is highly effective.

Sufferers are almost universal in their belief that their cannabis consumption is not to blame. What they misunderstand is the concept of a paradoxical drug reaction. Where low dose cannabis does have anti-emetic and appetite enhancing properties, over consumption can turn this completely around. Cannabis is not the only drug that produces paradoxical reactions. We frequently see a similar phenomenon with Gravol (Dimenhydrinate) overdose for example. Where you would expect profound sedation, you actually get considerable excitation and agitation (people who overdose on Gravol are quite literally stark raving mad). Benzodiazepines and some classes of antidepressants are also known to produce paradoxical reactions.

Here's a 2011 paper if you want to read more.

The foregoing is provided solely for educational purposes. It is not meant as a commentary on the appropriateness of cannabis use.

Has there been any direction towrds investigating possible Azadirachtin Poisoning in your studies, rather than people suffering from Cannabis Hyperemesis Syndrome(CHS)?

I would be curious to know, since you see so many patience that suffer from this on a monthly basis.  The Mayo clinic did a study on 98 patients, you in the last year have reach a possible 36 which is significant.

Back