• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Therapeutic Cannabis use

Well I use fitness to carry me through life.  Doesn't mean I shut down any thoughts that go against that scenario.

I think every Doctor should order a "lose 20-100 pounds and then  we'll talk" chit instead of any drug but I  certainly encourage discussion  on the subject.
It's possible my fix is not the world's fix.

Journeyman said:
No, two people -- you and John -- are pre-emptively taking offence at anything  said that isn't 100% cheerleading for you.

If you can't address the topic without being hyper-sensitive, then just back away and let an unbiased Mod deal with it, and judge any postings (for or against) accordingly.

Personally, I'm a fan of medicinal marijuana.  Does my opinion matter?  Not even a tiny bit; but I'm OK with that.

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Well I use fitness to carry me through life.  Doesn't mean I shut down any thoughts that go against that scenario.

I think every Doctor should order a "lose 20-100 pounds and then  we'll talk" chit instead of any drug but I  certainly encourage discussion  on the subject.
It's possible my fix is not the world's fix.

:bravo:

Not all science is pointing towards a miracle drug:

https://science.slashdot.org/story/16/11/30/0711224/new-study-shows-marijuana-users-have-low-blood-flow-to-the-brain (Summary of various articles listed below for those not familiar with Slashdot)

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/marijuana/there-link-between-marijuana-use-psychiatric-disorders Specific gene variation present in daily smokers links to higher psychosis rate
http://www.sci-news.com/medicine/marijuana-brains-reward-system-04402.html Long term effects on Dopamine production
http://www.j-alz.com/content/new-study-shows-marijuana-users-have-low-blood-flow-brain Abnormally low blood flow to brain in long term daily smokers

Promising clinical study at Toronto Sick Kids looking at low-THC, high-CBD compounds to help children with severe epilepsy:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/cannabis-epilepsy-1.3873400

PuckChaser said:
Promising clinical study at Toronto Sick Kids looking at low-THC, high-CBD compounds to help children with severe epilepsy:
http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/cannabis-epilepsy-1.3873400

Now this is what we need more of.

"No two children are the same. No two children respond to the same medications the same way."

This line is so true because this is a big problem in the mental health treatment. When things aren't 'normal/ baseline' [ hate those words but] the same two drugs in the same amount can have completely different effects on adults also, not just kids.  And again, it takes so long to see new effects, some residents are done their sentence and are still bouncing up/down or getting switched on release date a year or 18 months later. 

I used to bug the psychiatrist at my old place with 'Well you're not a real Doctor, a real Doctor could just give me the right stuff. You just guess, heck I could guess."  Cue hairy eyeball....

Green Veterans Canada is a Canadian Veterans' Medical Cannabis Advocacy and Peer Support Group.

We are here to provide a stigma free environment for people to be able to ask questions, Get educated, discuss with fellow users, and feel that they are not alone.

Too many other Well-being, and Veterans groups claim to have the interest of the Veteran. We here, take a wholesome, Zen approach. However, give it to us, and we will give it back to you double!!

We are also a free-living organization. We accept all people regardless of your views. All we ask is to be mindful of Facebook's Policies.

V.A.P.E.S

Veterans
Advocacy
Peer
Education
Support

Have fun, and be kind.

Are police and ems prescribed pot with the same frequency vets seem to be?  Are they covered for that stuff too?

Also it was my understanding that vac prescribed pot for retired service members.  Active members had to be on their way out in order to receive it.  I recently had a brief where members were  told if they get a script for MM during a weekend or weekend leave then they need to report to the Cdu immediately upon return to work in order to be placed on Mels.  Does that mean active serving members can get prescriptions (and not be releasing)  from civilian doctors,  just not military?

Jarnhamar said:
Are police and ems prescribed pot with the same frequency vets seem to be?  Are they covered for that stuff too?

Also it was my understanding that vac prescribed pot for retired service members.  Active members had to be on their way out in order to receive it.  I recently had a brief where members were  told if they get a script for MM during a weekend or weekend leave then they need to report to the Cdu immediately upon return to work in order to be placed on Mels.  Does that mean active serving members can get prescriptions (and not be releasing)  from civilian doctors,  just not military?

VAC doesn't prescribe anything for anyone... They will adjudicate disability claims and will approve or disapprove coverage of certain treatments and medications, but any prescription will be from a doctor, and medical practices will be independent of VAC, although they do have connections with some practices like the OSI clinics.

I suspect what you guys were told was to cover the possibility that guys go see a civvie doctor on their own time. You could substitute 'scrip for anything' into what you wrote above after all, people get hurt and sick during CDU-closed hours too. I suspect someone somewhere has decided to be 'that guy' and went and did exactly that... A very small number of docs are writing a large proportion of the prescriptions for MMJ, and I don't imagine they will turn patients away just because that patient is serving military. Not their problem.

There have been serving law enforcement prescribed medicinal marijuana, but it's been rare. Only one I know of had his red serge seized after he smoked pot in uniform on TV, and then killed himself. MMJ is still new and emergent, there's not a lot of data to satisfy very cautious, conservative organziations, and so I think it will be some years yet of policy development and legal action before this all smooths out. Many medications will result in MELs or another employer's equivalent. Right now a lot of stuff is still in the 'figure it out as we go along' stage.

Jarnhamar said:
Are police and ems prescribed pot with the same frequency vets seem to be?

Maybe former and retired Paramedics are? Not operational Paramedics. At least not in Toronto. Things have changed since I retired, but I doubt they have changed that  much.

It's right there in the Health Report that your family MD fills out, and then the Departmental MD fills out.
You have to redo it every three years for the rest of your career.

"The applicant is being considered for a position at Toronto Paramedic Services, where performance in a high-­‐stress setting is part of the workplace.
Do you have any concerns regarding the applicant's abilities, judgement, or mental competence, particularly in view of the potential workplace?"

The problem is the colleges. It's a two-year diploma program just to apply. But, does college prepare candidates for a high-stress job?

"A retired chief from Toronto Paramedic Services told us during his interview that, in his opinion, the onus is squarely on the colleges, "so that not only are people going to be successful in the community college program, but within their first year of employment they're not going to fall into difficulties because of this whole issue of PTSD." He noted that, in his experience, there are "too many horror stories" of paramedics that have successfully completed the college program and after their first or second traumatic call, "that's when they find out they're not cut out for it."
http://ombudstoronto.ca/sites/default/files/Ombudsman%20Report%20-%20TPS%20-%20November%202015.pdf

If your PTSD is so bad you need marijuana, they will remove you from emergency operations.

But, you wouldn't lose any money. They would accommodate you into a "suitable" City job. Your rate of pay would be protected - with all the raises each year.

"Employees who are placed in a permanent alternate position, due to an
occupational injury/illness (as defined by the Workplace Safety & Insurance
Board), will be subject to the normal assessment period and will receive
the wage rate of the position to which they are assigned. If the
pre-injury rate of pay is higher than the relocated position rate, then the
pre-injury rate is to be maintained. It is understood that the pre-injury rate
is subject to all wage increases negotiated.

Jarnhamar said:
Are they covered for that stuff too?

We are with Manulife. Not sure if they cover marijuana or not?
We also have PTSD Presumptive Legislation with WSIB, so maybe Comp pays for it?

You know what our Departmental shrink used to offer? A cookie! I kid you not!  :)

For those that believe CBD/MMj will stay out of the hands of "big pharma", the former president of the company who made OxyContin is now head of Emblem Cannabis Corp in Canada.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/leadership-behind-canadian-medical-marijuana-company-has-an-oxycontin-past/article33200287/

OxyContin creator expands into Canadian pot industry

Grant Robertson

The Globe and Mail

Published Friday, Dec. 02, 2016 9:37PM EST
Last updated Saturday, Dec. 03, 2016 4:40PM EST

When Emblem Cannabis Corp was cleared by the federal government to sell medical marijuana in August, the company set out to attract new investors, vowing to “change the face” of the industry.

In company materials, Emblem touted the wealth of experience its top executives brought to the fold, particularly in its pharmaceutical division.

The man in charge of that business, John H. Stewart, was a veteran of the drug industry, having spent close to 40 years in key roles at one of the world’s biggest pharmaceutical companies.

His successes, Emblem said, included launching 11 new products, in particular one blockbuster drug that made his former employer billions of dollars – OxyContin.

Mr. Stewart was now bringing that expertise to Emblem, which planned on “revolutionizing” cannabis consumption with prescription tablets and capsules that “would dramatically expand Emblem’s sales.”

However, there were a few details Emblem glossed over in its promotional efforts.

A decade ago, when Mr. Stewart was president of Purdue Pharma Canada, coroners and public-health officials were beginning to ring alarm bells over abuse of OxyContin, a highly addictive painkiller.

When he later became chief executive officer and president of Purdue’s U.S. parent in 2007, it was only a month after the U.S. company agreed to pay the U.S. government more than $634-million (U.S.) to settle allegations that it “fraudulently misbranded OxyContin” as being less dangerous than it was.

, it was only a month after the U.S. company agreed to pay the U.S. government more than $634-million (U.S.) to settle allegations that it “fraudulently misbranded OxyContin” as being less dangerous than it was.

I'm sure that was an isolated incident and they won't mess around with pot. 

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/12/161219084641.htm

People who have a greater risk of developing schizophrenia are more likely to try cannabis, according to new research, which also found a causal link between trying the drug and an increased risk of the condition

Just a little bit from me - my 2cents on the topic. I never read John's links so I do apologize if this is repeating, but I do believe it bears some amplification. First, understand that my opinions are based on my disabilities and treatment. Results may be different for others, however fact is fact and I have been a licensed medicinal cannabis user since my retirement in May. 

10 grams a day. It does seem a bit much, doesn't it?  At first, my prescription was 1 gram a day. Seems reasonable. My provider would only dispense strains in 30g increments - ergo I was receiving one strain a month. I wasn't able to find the formula that worked best for me. See, it's not about getting "high" and listening to Metallica while shoving pizza down your throat. It's about turning off the noise in my head. Making some of that pain go away. Most of us have the combination that works best depending what needs to be addressed. At 1g a day, this was never going to happen for me. So where does the 10g go?

I have found that making capsules is my thing. If you have seen 30g of bud (marijuana flower) it will fill a decent size jar. 30g of milled product (looks like flour) will barely fill a third of that same jar. I have also discovered that cooking with cannabis is pretty amazing. In order to have enough on hand to cook with, you would need anywhere from 1 - 2oz (30 - 60g) depending on what you are making. So, just to make capsules and bake / make tea or balm for pain I'm now at 3oz (90g or 3g a day prescription) I have a vape which I use from time to time. I smoke a joint before bed (bedtime weed and daytime weed are different from each other) and I have two different capsules - high THC / no CBD (straight up INDICA for sleep) and high CBD / no THC (full on SATIVA for sanity with no "high").

This is MY combination - all in all it takes all of my 5g a day in order to maintain what is working for me. What exactly is "working" mean? I no longer have debilitating nightmares. I no longer go to bed hoping I die in my sleep. I no longer wake up in the morning thinking "Fuck, I didn't die in my sleep..." I no longer live in the precipice of my couch, afraid to go outside. I cry again. I care about my life again. I feel almost human again. I no longer take ANY mood stabilizers, antidepressants, pharmaceutical grade narcotics just to schlep through my day pretending to understand what's going on around me.

There are many out there who can relate to this; many who can't. I truly hope that there will be a greater understanding in the future. We are veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces looking for peace - not druggies or dealers.

10g a day? Absolutely makes sense for some. I don't need but 5 a day, but John's daily plan works out to 10. Some work well with 7 a day, 3 a day...

And as always, if anyone has questions about anything feel free to ask - here, PM me, smoke signals... I will do my best to answer you.

Bin

https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/

This clip is ABSOLUTELY Fascinating, showing us clear examples of #cannabis has been used as medicine for thousands of years, including the first ever documented epilepsy case where cannabis was used to treat the condition. It will blow your mind for sure. Explained by Dr. Raphael Mechoulam

https://youtu.be/KKLqGwnw29Y

http://cannabisdigest.ca/the-ugly-dissecting-the-canadian-cannabis-task-force-report/?platform=hootsuite

The Ugly: Dissecting the Canadian Cannabis Task Force Report

taskforce-framework-cadre-pdf-eng-1.jpg

by Ted Smith December 28, 2016

A report on legalization given to the Canadian government is profoundly disappointing for patients, shoving sick people aside in the zeal to cash in on profits and taxes.  In this report, which I should stress are not binding, the task force recommends less access with the removal of caregivers, no tax breaks and vague, weak language about pricing that leaves patients with little hope.  While there are many good recommendations and the task force seems to have a grasp of many aspects of legalization, the failure to provide any significant benefits to patients fouls this report.

Before I go further, I should stress that these are just recommendations and not actual law.  The law will be entered into Parliament in Ottawa in the spring of 2017 and many fear it will be far more conservative than this report.  No doubt every stakeholder likes some parts of this report and strongly disagrees with others.  There will be a great deal of pressure exerted by some special interest groups to dramatically change the direction the document suggests we take.

Legalization would not be happening in Canada or the United States if it were not for the wide range of substantial benefits cannabis provides to patients, along with their fight in court and on the streets for access to this medicine.  Court battles have been fought, medical cannabis dispensaries established and many stories have been shared to bring light to this amazing medicine.  The companies anticipating access to the legal market in Canada would not even exist if not for the current medical program.

However, patients are getting thrown under the bus with the proposed guidelines for legalization this task force just put out. The government task force clearly feels that people will find ways to get a doctor to sign a license to use cannabis if there are potential advantages, like lower prices, less tax or opportunities to grow.  By making patients pay equal amounts for cannabis as recreational consumers, legalization appears to have no real advantages for those that need the help the most.

Just to be clear, when I say patients, I mean each and everyone of us except those lucky enough to just drop dead one day with no pain.  Almost everyone is a patient at some point in our lives and so when I say patients will suffer if these recommendations are implemented, what I really mean to say is we all will suffer. 

“The Government will need to work closely with licensed producers and patients to identify and address emerging issues and take decisive action if required, whether requiring licensed producers to prioritize supply for medical users or establishing price controls for medical users. The Government should take the necessary steps to have the authority to regulate these issues moving forward, while being mindful that executing these authorities may create the potential for market distortion and exploitation as individuals seek to benefit from perceived advantages in the medical regime.”

Most Licensed Producers will likely have little to do with patients once they have access to the much larger recreational market.  Governments will be hard pressed to find ways to force them to put herb aside for patients, grow special strains or produce specialty products like suppositories and salves.  Profits are the motivation of these companies and patients will find little sympathy in that.

For many patients, like my lover Gayle Quin who just died of cancer a few months ago, the option of growing your own medicine is physically impossible.  Being forced to purchase all of the cannabis medicines she needed to stay alive would have cost us at least $200 per day for the last two years of her life.  Thankfully she had a license to grow her own medicine and others with their own gardens pitched in what they could afford, or she would have died much sooner. These proposal are a dismal failure for patients like her for many reasons.

Proposing to take away the opportunity to have a designated grower provide medicine is a quick death sentence to some patients and a huge blow to the gut for others.  How could any rational, caring person suggest that patients that are losing the battle to stay alive must give up their garden when they can no longer physically maintain it, forcing them to purchase every gram they use?  Yet that is what this task force has done, claiming that a magical unicorn will appear to protect patients’ access.

“However, the Task Force believes that the Government should respond to the concerns expressed by municipalities, law enforcement officials and community members by immediately reviewing the current risks associated with designated production and the ongoing need for such production. There should be a sufficient range of options available to patients in the future to easily access cannabis for their medical need. The majority of Task Force members believe that the problems with the activities of some designated producers are serious and that the Government should determine an appropriate timeframe for phasing out this provision as the new system for non-medical uses of cannabis is established.”

These proposals completely fail to recognize any use of cannabis in palliative care.  Instead of encouraging pilot projects for patients who wish to use cannabis towards the end of their lives, the task force only proposes more research is done in very general terms.  This is the same Liberal government that promised research when the medical access programs were first brought into effect in the late 1990’s, but has done almost nothing then or now to actually see that research is done.  Little clinical research is being done in Canada on cannabis products right now, in part because the drug approval process has been thwarted by court decisions and the government does not conduct any research of its own.

This report could have been an opportunity for the task force to advance the development of many health products that contain little to no THC.  To the great dismay of farmers, patients and advocates, though, the task force makes only weak statements about what other areas of government might be doing on this issue.  Just more proof this government only has a limited understanding of the potential benefits of cannabis and that their collective fear of this plant still stops many from openly embracing it.

“Some companies may wish to market cannabis products as “wellness products” rather than as medicines. We understand that the federal government is currently conducting a review of its approach to the regulation of natural health products. The question of CBD or other non-psychoactive cannabinoids as potential wellness products is likely to be explored in this review process and will be informed by emerging research in this area.”

With a great deal of pressure from the Canadian Medical Association to remove the medical cannabis program entirely, the task force is using legalization as an excuse for withdrawing important components of the current medical program while offering no concrete benefits.  These proposed regulations are a step back for patients, treating them with suspicion rather than compassion.  While the rest of the report deserves credit for proposing some progressive recommendations, everyone should be concerned what will happen to patients if these suggestions become law.

https://www.greenrushdaily.com/2016/06/27/prehistoric-marijuana-use/

Marijuana Use Dates Back Almost 5,000 Years

Prehistoric Marijuana Use

Did you know the same people responsible for building the pyramids of Egypt were also known for their marijuana use? Even one of the greatest pharaohs of Ancient Egypt: King Ramses II’s mummy was found covered in kief particles. Another mummy was found buried with a 2-pound weed stash, apparently prepared for the afterlife. From the first Mesopotamian clay tablets to ancient Egyptian papyrus scrolls, evidence of prehistoric cannabis use can be found in the texts and burial sites of various ancient civilizations.

oldestpot.mummy-min.jpg

Romania

Proof of marijuana use dates as far back as 3000 B.C., which was 5,000 years ago. In Romania, fire pits were found dating back to 3000 B.C. with burned and charred seeds indicating the use of marijuana for inhalation. Some archaeologists believe it was likely burned for use in magical religious rite ceremonies.

Pakistan

In December of 2013, scientists discovered the earliest case of cannabis use to date. On the shores of the Kunar river of Pakistan, in the Hindu Kush Mountains, a prehistoric tomb site was found. It was said to have belonged to a local shaman and was considered to contain marijuana seeds, resin, along with ash. The presence of ash with hash and seeds has led archaeologists to believe that this is the earliest known evidence of marijuana consumption in human history.

“According to the location and context in which the cannabis was found, leads us to believe it was used for ritual purposes. It seems that the occupants of the site threw large quantities of leaves, buds and resin in the fireplace situated on the far end of the cave, filling the entire site with psychotropic smoke.” – Professor Muzaffar Kambarzahi of the National Institute of Historical & Cultural Research

mummy-cannabis-min.jpg

China

Before the location in Pakistan was discovered, China was home to the world’s oldest known pothead. In a 2,700-year-old grave in the Gobi Desert, a whole 2 pounds of marijuana was found that according to the lead author of the initial report was “quite similar” to the weed that’s being grown today.

Genetic and chemical analysis revealed that the herbs found in the grave were cannabis. It was also found that all the male plants which are less psychoactive than their female counterparts were picked out of the 2-pound stash.

This may indicate that the ancient civilization was aware of and made use of the psychoactive properties associated with the plant. The individual found with the 2-pound stash was said to be a member of the Gushi civilization around the age of 45 and a shaman.

siberian-mummy-min.jpg

Egypt

An ancient Egyptian papyrus scroll dating back to 1700 BC was found to contain some of the first known medical references to marijuana. Hemp which is made from the male cannabis plant was used in ancient Egypt as a material to make things like rope and fine linens.

Another scroll called the Eber’s papyrus which is known as the world’s oldest known complete medical textbook also contained a reference to the medicinal qualities of cannabis.

The Ebers papyrus is believed by some archaeologists to be a copy of a book that is actually from 3000 BC or earlier.

The ancient Egyptian goddess of wisdom or Seshat was often depicted with what appears to be a pot leaf above her head illustrating the importance of the plant in ancient Egyptian religion.

Since the cannabis plant originates in some areas of Asia a lot of the cannabis found in ancient civilizations must have been brought over through trade. Many of the ancient sites containing cannabis were the graves of religious men further illustrating the link between ancient spirituality and marijuana. Before it was taboo, marijuana was found and used throughout various past civilizations and even prescribed to American and British patients only about a century ago.

Cases of New Illness From Chronic Marijuana Use Increasing

https://newsline.com/cases-of-new-illness-from-chronic-marijuana-use-increasing/

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/medical-marijuana-cannabinoid-hyperemesis-syndrome-vomiting-nausea-diagnosis-1.3853227

People who frequently use marijuana now face a new challenge other than anti-pot groups. A new marijuana-related illness is now on the rise.

Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome (CHS) is a chronic disease a marijuana user can acquire. CHS symptoms start with a series of recurrent nausea, vomiting, and crampy abdominal pain. It appears the that the main remedy for CHS symptoms is a hot shower.

The CHS symptoms are highly similar to common stomach bugs. Doctors said patient would need three to four check-ups or emergency room visits before they can get a correct diagnosis.

Lance Crower, a patient who suffers from CHS said, for nearly two years he went multiple times to an emergency room before getting an accurate diagnosis.

“The first question he asked was if I was taking hot showers to find relief. When he asked me that question, I basically fell into tears because I knew he had an answer,” Crowder told MSN.

Patients who suffer from CHS have increased in Colorado since the state legalized marijuana, said Dr. Kennon Heard, an emergency room doctor.

“It is certainly something that, before legalization, we almost never saw… Now we are seeing it quite frequently,” said Heard.

Dr. Eric Lavona, a Denver physician, said that CHS is not a serious disease. “These folks are really suffering. People can get pretty sick,” said Lavona.

There have been multiple reports of CHS incidents across the U.S. including District of Columbia.

Meanwhile, doctors and hospital staff in marijuana legal states are frequently getting a patient who suffers from CHS. Physicians said that patients in marijuana-free states are highly unlikely to get a correct diagnosis. Doctors often misdiagnose CHS because the symptoms resemble some stomach related disorders.

CHS was discovered in the last decade, experts are not sure how many marijuana users suffer from the disorder.

Medical marijuana user warns about cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome

A Halifax woman says she threw up "all day long" for eight months straight — and her medical marijuana is to blame.

It wasn't until a specialist diagnosed Dawn Rae Downton with cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, and she stopped taking marijuana entirely, that she says the vomiting finally ended.

"Vomiting and just a complete malaise, I was bedridden most of the time," she said of the period she took marijuana.

The condition, which was first documented in 2004 and has not been widely researched, is characterized by cyclical bouts of nausea, vomiting and gastrointestinal discomfort, said Toronto family doctor Peter Lin.

If it occurs often enough, it can lead to things like weight loss, dehydration, and vomiting blood, said Lin, who is also a health columnist for CBC.

Health Canada, however, does not mention the condition on its consumer information page for cannabis.

Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome is most commonly diagnosed in long-term, frequent marijuana users, Lin said. However, that doesn't apply to Downton.

"I got sick within two weeks of ingesting this stuff," she said.
'Shooting myself in the foot'

Downton said she lost her appetite, and when she wasn't in bed, she was vomiting. "It would start the minute I woke up and the only way that it would stop is when I went to sleep," she said.

Downton, who was baking her medical marijuana into cookies and eating them to treat a medical condition she doesn't want to disclose publicly, said she was under the impression that marijuana could ease nausea.

"I was actually taking more, thinking that it was going to help me," she said, "and not realizing that I was shooting myself in the foot."
USA/

Traditional treatments for nausea and vomiting don't seem to help in cases of cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome, Dr. Peter Lin said, although hot showers or baths can provide temporary relief. (David McNew/Reuters)
Diagnosed by specialist

Downton said it took eight months to get an appointment with a gastroenterologist, and she continued to ingest medical marijuana — and vomit — every day.

On Oct. 24, she said she went to her appointment and the specialist diagnosed her "virtually the minute he saw me."

"I was on the scope table, getting ready for an endoscopy. He said you have the symptoms of cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome," Downton said, "and immediately I thought, 'This guy's nuts.'"
'I want to warn people'

Downton told the gastroenterologist she had stopped taking marijuana for a week as a test to see if it caused the vomiting, and it didn't work.

He told her cannabis has a long half-life, and she would need to stop for a more extended period of time in order to clear it from her system, Downton said. She stopped, and about a month later, the vomiting did too.

"I'm afraid that people are walking into trouble" when they start taking medical marijuana, she said.

Downton said her family doctor had never heard of the condition. "I want to protect people, I want to warn people," she said.
Spike in cases

Lin said in American states like Colorado, where marijuana is legal, hospitals are reporting a spike in the number of people reporting cyclical vomiting conditions.

He said it's possible that cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome has been misdiagnosed in the past.

Traditional treatments for nausea and vomiting don't seem to help in these cases, Lin said, although hot showers or baths can provide temporary relief. The best solution, he said, is to stop taking marijuana entirely.

NASA Has Discovered A New Planet Covered With Marijuana

nasa-discovers-new-planet-covered-with-marijuana.jpg

NASA has announced this morning that they have discovered a planet completely covered with marijuana, a discovery that has completely taken scientists by surprise.

Planet X637Z-43, discovered using NASA’s Kepler satellite, would also allegedly be one of the very few planets potentially habitable according to NASA experts, who have detected sufficient levels of oxygen and nitrogen to support human life.

kepler.jpg

NASA’S Kepler satellite has discovered a new planet covered with marijuana confirm experts

The presence of marijuana on other planets could strongly encourage future generations to take interest in space exploration, some experts believe.

“We always think young people aren’t interested by anything but it’s false. Young people love smoking pot,” explains David Charbonneau, astronomer at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics.

“Chlorophyll concentration analyses generated by Kepler lead us to believe that the level of THC in these marijuana plants is 3000% higher than the plants found on Earth. If that doesn’t motivate young people to explore space, I don’t know what will,” admits the expert, clearly enthusiastic.

“Regardless, marijuana will without a doubt be a valuable and indispensable resource for interstellar trips. Imagine if it takes 140 years to travel from one planet to another, let’s just say it’s going to be a very long trip. You better have rolled yourself a couple of joints for the road,” he admits with humor.

Since the discovery, NASA has launched a campaign on social medias to name the new planet and so far, the name Bob Marley has taken the lead with over 2 094 367 votes at the time of this report.

John Tescione said:

nasa-discovers-new-planet-covered-with-marijuana.jpg

NASA has announced this morning that they have discovered a planet completely covered with marijuana, a discovery that has completely taken scientists by surprise.

Planet X637Z-43, discovered using NASA’s Kepler satellite, would also allegedly be one of the very few planets potentially habitable according to NASA experts, who have detected sufficient levels of oxygen and nitrogen to support human life.

kepler.jpg

NASA’S Kepler satellite has discovered a new planet covered with marijuana confirm experts

The presence of marijuana on other planets could strongly encourage future generations to take interest in space exploration, some experts believe.

“We always think young people aren’t interested by anything but it’s false. Young people love smoking pot,” explains David Charbonneau, astronomer at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics.

“Chlorophyll concentration analyses generated by Kepler lead us to believe that the level of THC in these marijuana plants is 3000% higher than the plants found on Earth. If that doesn’t motivate young people to explore space, I don’t know what will,” admits the expert, clearly enthusiastic.

“Regardless, marijuana will without a doubt be a valuable and indispensable resource for interstellar trips. Imagine if it takes 140 years to travel from one planet to another, let’s just say it’s going to be a very long trip. You better have rolled yourself a couple of joints for the road,” he admits with humor.

Since the discovery, NASA has launched a campaign on social medias to name the new planet and so far, the name Bob Marley has taken the lead with over 2 094 367 votes at the time of this report.

I think you need to cut back on your medicine.

John Tescione said:

FALSE
:panic:​
(apparently, brutally large font and bright colours makes info more important  :nod:  )

NASA Discovers New Planet Covered with Marijuana
Sorry, but Planet X637Z-43 doesn't exist and therefore isn't a natural habitat for pot. 
Snopes

Back