• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Mountain and Ironman Merged Thread

I did not compete, I am currently away on an OP. 

Yes we have reservists compete,  Cpl Cynthia W. is our "Iron Maiden",  she is over 40 and 3rd place women's and 1st place over 40 women's.

Cheers
Pop

Hi!

Do any of you happen to know if the results are posted anywhere?  I was hoping they'd be up on the PSP website but there's nothing there... 

Jess Michaelis-Webb

Hunter said:
Congratulations to all finishers.  I'm a two-time 'civvie' ironman finisher, but I don't think that comes even close to being as difficult as the PET Ironman.

Have any reservists ever done this race?

Well if you have actually done a full ironman(civie), you would know that it is very hard aswell, just in another way. Anyone that can run a marathon after swimming 4km, and biking 180km, they have my respect. I am not sure what the Pet Ironman fully consists of, though from what I have heard, it is a challenge.

What is different from the army ironman as opposed to a normal civie iron man?
what are the distances?
thanks alot

They're two different animals. An ironman triathlon is a 3.8 km swim, 180 km bike and a 42.2 km run. The Petawawa ironman goes thusly:
Participants had to carry a 40-pound rucksack over the entire course of the race that began with a 32-kilometre rucksack march. This was followed by a 4-kilometre canoe portage and canoeing for a distance of 8 kilometres on the Ottawa River. Competitors then had to march of 6 kilometres to the finish line for a grand total of 50 kilometres.

From this article on last year's competition: http://www.army.forces.gc.ca/LF/English/6_1_1.asp?FlashEnabled=1&id=800. Couldn't tell you if it was exactly the same this year; I wasn't there and I don't see any news articles up yet about this year's.

Sapper6 said:
G2G,

How did you do?  ;)

S6

Sapper6, I pulled a 3:04:22.  I accidentally knocked off my ankle transponder taking off my wetsuit and had to back track 600m in the transition to find it before I could get on the bike...that cost me my sub-3hour time.  :mad:  Next time I won't make that mistake.  Overall it was a good go, but I was bonking on the last 3k of the run -- I think I used up more of my legs than I wanted on the swim because I hadn't done as much swim training and I reverted to breaststroke for the last 1km of my swim.  Off to the pool to get better there...

G2G

Montreal...the unit had a few people out for that.

G2G, how did the CO do by the way?  Couldn't get on the internet so far this week at work to check.

Strike, he was 10th out of the entire Ironman field.  I can't recall how many were in the field, but there were competitors from Canada, the US and France.  Good on him!

G2G

Good2Golf said:
Strike, he was 10th out of the entire Ironman field.  I can't recall how many were in the field, but there were competitors from Canada, the US and France.  Good on him!

G2G

Well done Tac Hel boys!  A big Chimo! to you.

S6

:brickwall:
Does anyone know if the competition is a go for next year?
I may want to pull out my canoe from storage and give it another go...

Ironman 1999, 2000

Good Day everyone;

I was wondering about all the people who have participated in the event over the years and would like to read about their experiences.

If anyone has a story to tell about it or an experience they would like to share either during your training for it or the actual day please do so.

I want to extend my congraduations to all those participants of todays 2008 CFB Petawawa Ironman!

Well done troops you have made your units, this base and the CF proud

In particular I wish to congradulate my friends Jeff and Steve for such impressive showings.

Also to the team of 1 RCR and to 1 RCR's former CO Col Omer Lavoie (who by the way placed in the top 30 I believe)

Who won the team event?  (Unfortunately, I can't get fast enough internet to see the results).  Thanks!

Right on!!

I just found ou about three guys from the 48th Competing!!

Dileas Gu Brath!

126    08:18:38 Caagby, John          48th Highland 101/158 Male 
  150    08:54:43 COREA, ASHAN      48th Highland 121/158 Male             
  169    09:38:01 Sincich, Michael      48th Highland 135/158 Male           

dileas

tess

Hey guys,

Is this an actual Ironman sanctioned event?  Is this the actual name of the event?  I volunteered for an actual Ironman event this year.  I couldn't find it on their event list, if you can, you should let somebody in the know, that "Ironman" is a registered trademark.

I wouldn't want anybody to get in trouble.

Back