• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The Mountain and Ironman Merged Thread

Ironman 2005,

start time 0400 hrs.

Medical Coverage brought to you by Armymedic and friends. Seeing how I will be in the Med CP, I will try to get the names and times for the winners and unit competition.

I think Sgt Eric Leclair (1 RCR) has a good chance of repeating as winner.

Well, IRONMAN 2005 is now over, a big kudos to all the competitors.  Sgt. Tremblay of 3R22R took first overall with Capt. Anderson of the RCD  ;D taking second. 2CER won overall major unit & 2SVC. BN. won overall minor unit.

Once again - well done to all who participated

reccecrewman said:
Sgt. Tremblay of 3R22R took first overall...
Sgt Tremblay won it before... a decade ago !!!
Congratulations to all who participated...  :salute:

Here are the offical results for the top 3 men and top woman finishers:

Sgt Tremblay  5GBMC        5:42.10

Capt Morrison  RCD            5:47.52

Sgt Smith      2 Svc Bn      5:59.23

Cpl Wilkinson  427 Tac Hel  7:31.15 (1st place female, 64th overall)

Unit winners above.

Sorry for the mess up of 3R22eR's name up there, I knew there was an 'e' somewhere in there but didn't know exactly where.......  ;)

My sincerest apologies to Capt. Morrison of the RCD. It was in fact he who came in second place.  :salute:

reccecrewman said:
Sorry for the mess up of 3R22eR's name up there, I knew there was an 'e' somewhere in there but didn't know exactly where.......   ;)
reccecrewman said:
My sincerest apologies to Capt. Morrison of the RCD. It was in fact he who came in second place.   :salute:

Insert cheap shot here:  If I got posts wrong like that I'd slow down on posting for a bit.

BZ on your apologies though.

i was wondering what people who have done the mountain man did to prepare themselves for the race
thanks

Just wanted to throw out a Bravo Zulu to LdSH(RC) for their organization and running of Mountain Man 2006. All the units in the brigade contributed to the success of this year's event and from my point of view as a competitor/1 Fd Amb team captain everything ran pretty smoothly (everything except my knees).

The team of massage therapists at the end was definitely an interesting idea. It will probably be the only one we'll get on the military's dime. It wasn't used by everyone, but those that did take advantage of it thought it was a good idea.

Cheers

Agree - very well run.  3VP 1st, 1 CER 2nd.  In minor units, 408 1st (IIRC) and 1 VP 2nd.

pte.wolowidnyk said:
i was wondering what people who have done the mountain man did to prepare themselves for the race
thanks

I found a great many late nights out filled with beer, cigarettes and pizza to be most effective. Stay out of the gym, you don't want to be slowed down by muscle, and don't run, you need to be as rested as possible.

Seriously, how do you think you train for an endurance race?

GO!!! said:
I found a great many late nights out filled with beer, cigarettes and pizza to be most effective. Stay out of the gym, you don't want to be slowed down by muscle, and don't run, you need to be as rested as possible.

I've tried that GO!!! and it doesn't work out so well.

;D

Mud Recce Man said:
I've tried that GO!!! and it doesn't work out so well.

For who?

I bet the people watching you found it very amusing!!  ;D

I would like to congratulate all competitors who participated in the 2006 Ironman competition in Petawawa, Ont on 15 Sep 06. 

427 SOAS did extremely well this year with:

First place overall;
First Place small unit team;
First place women's over 40
Third place ladies...

5 finishers in the top 15.

Congratulations to all. :salute:

Congratulations to all participants!!

Did you compete this year Pop?

Congratulations to all finishers.  I'm a two-time 'civvie' ironman finisher, but I don't think that comes even close to being as difficult as the PET Ironman.

Have any reservists ever done this race?

Well done, Lions!  :pushup:

G2G

Well Done Lions.  I see the Air Force can beat the Army at it's own game.  When I was in Pet, years ago, I don't think 427 even put in one competitor.  Looks good for SOAS.  Say hi to Don for me.
Again, Well Done.

Back