• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The merged BIEBER thread; for those who feel the need to talk about him.

jpjohnsn said:
Twitter followers as a measure of achievement?  Really?  I would imagine that once you start eliminating the bots, that number would drop precipitously anyway.

Now, look at the rest of that list you posted - all of the specific groups mentioned serve the public.  Singing into a microphone isn't service.  The idea behind the award is to recognize those Canadians that represent the best of us (yes, I know that didn't always happen).  A spoiled brat kid who happens to have the looks and voice to make teenage girls swoon doesn't fit into that category for me by a long chalk. 

I don't completely blame the kid, you're a teenage boy who's handed the keys to the world and the people that surround you never say 'no' to you and you are going to go a little nuts.  It's the ongoing pattern of behaviour that is caused by that insanity that doesn't make him the best and brightest of us - regardless of his "achievements".

And if the Order of Canada can be taken away from people for questionable behaviour (Steve Fonyo or Alan Eagleson anyone?), surely a more junior award can be revoked too.

Yeah, he's a a real douchebag...

justin-bieber-ellen-01.jpg

justin-bieber-red-hat-cancer-patient.jpg

Crantor said:
Yeah, he's a a real douchebag...

LOL, Win!

Haggis, you are far too old to be following the Bieber tabloids.  It's a QDJM, not a CC. Sheesh.

The subject line is so inane I think I'll go onto ITunes and buy a Bieber album.

Peeing into a mop bucket, driving excessive speeds, writing ridiculous things in an Anne Frank house and doing drugs - Biebers choice (Role Model, definitely not)

Donating money to charities, schools and getting photo ops with sick kids (positive publicity, good role model and was probably told to do these things by a publicist)

QDJM for Bieber, which the thread is about. No, I don't think so.

My giveaf*ckaphobia is flaring up in a major way, I'm deathly afraid that this little twerps antics are going to matter to me in ten years when he won't even be able to get a spot on Celebrity Big Brother 35 or some other recycle celebretard dreck.

Kat Stevens said:
My giveaf*ckaphobia is flaring up in a major way, I'm deathly afraid that this little twerps antics are going to matter to me in ten years when he won't even be able to get a spot on Celebrity Big Brother 35 or some other recycle celebretard dreck.
Get out of your shell, wallflower, and tell us what you really think  ;D

Well, he appears to have made nice at some level with Bill Clinton:
Justin Bieber in a Wednesday night tweet directed at Bill Clinton, apparently settling whatever beef lay behind a mysterious TMZ-leaked video that showed the teen idol peeing into a janitor’s bucket at a restaurant and then spritzing a portrait of the 42nd president with cleaning fluid while shouting “[Expletive] Bill Clinton!” (Sources close to the 19-year-old star are telling celebrity outlets this conversation actually happened and that Clinton was totally magnanimous about the whole thing, which had no doubt been eating at him too.) Unclear whether protocol allows one to advertise one’s private hatchet-burying conversation with an ex-president over social media; thus far, no Twitter response from Clinton ....

trustnoone73 said:
The subject line is so inane I think I'll go onto ITunes and buy a Bieber album  illegally download Bieber's albulm off the internet..

That's more like it.

George Wallace said:
I think Shipwreck did not look at what forum this was posted in.  Radio Chatter..... where all senseless topics are posted for humour and not other credible, informative or educational reasons.

Oh, I was aware of the forum. However, the original post didn't strike me as humorous, more like a direct attack at Justin Bieber.

jpjohnsn said:
Twitter followers as a measure of achievement?  Really?  I would imagine that once you start eliminating the bots, that number would drop precipitously anyway.

Now, look at the rest of that list you posted - all of the specific groups mentioned serve the public.  Singing into a microphone isn't service.  The idea behind the award is to recognize those Canadians that represent the best of us (yes, I know that didn't always happen).  A spoiled brat kid who happens to have the looks and voice to make teenage girls swoon doesn't fit into that category for me by a long chalk. 

I don't completely blame the kid, you're a teenage boy who's handed the keys to the world and the people that surround you never say 'no' to you and you are going to go a little nuts.  It's the ongoing pattern of behaviour that is caused by that insanity that doesn't make him the best and brightest of us - regardless of his "achievements".

And if the Order of Canada can be taken away from people for questionable behaviour (Steve Fonyo or Alan Eagleson anyone?), surely a more junior award can be revoked too.

Yes, forty million people listening to what you say 24/7 is an achievement. Obviously. That's more than the population of Canada. Now, you say, the number would drop precipitously, and you weren't exactly wrong. 36 percent of them were bots. So I guess he only has 30 million people. I don't know how he lives with only thirty mil.

You ignored the criteria that I underlined. I underlined it because it was the part that applied to Justin Bieber. You are right that singing into a microphone isn't a service(in the humanitarian sense), but he has made Outstanding Achievements.

What has Bieber done to you to have this hate leveled at him? Why wouldn't we encourage youth to follow their dreams and make people happy? He doesn't save lives, but entertainment is a service in a different way anyway. People obviously really enjoy his music (numbers don't lie) and art can make a difference in people's lives.

Cbbmtt said:
Peeing into a mop bucket, driving excessive speeds, writing ridiculous things in an Anne Frank house and doing drugs - Biebers choice (Role Model, definitely not)

Donating money to charities, schools and getting photo ops with sick kids (positive publicity, good role model and was probably told to do these things by a publicist)

QDJM for Bieber, which the thread is about. No, I don't think so.

Ah yes, pissing in a mop bucket, and military members never go the the mess and do things like that. Every single medal winner in the military has never made a fool of himself with alcohol. And speeding? Where does Bieber get off? What kind of role model gets tickets? Writing ridiculous things in the Anne Frank house? Well, he wrote that he hoped Anne Frank would be a fan of him, which might be a little callous, but whatever, he was probably right that she would have been if they had been in the same time period. His fans are mostly women. I think, maybe. Oh and drugs. Are those a bad thing now, or is it just when celebrities do it?

And after all, when you can't make your arguments with proof, just make up facts like a publicist put him up to every good deed ever. Hell, he probably went back in time and told the Nazis himself about Anne's hideout.

Shipwreck said:
Are those a bad thing now, or is it just when celebrities do it?
You from BC or something?
Hell, he probably went back in time and told the Nazis himself about Anne's hideout.
I think Godwining the thread on purpose is bannable.

Shipwreck,

I'm not saying that he's the worst person on the planet, a majority of people I know including myself have done half the things he has done (not saying which ones)  >:D.

He's a young adolescent that needs to grow up a bit. However, on a side note, Bieber has achieved a lot for a Canadian. What, 58,000,000 last year?

At the same time, this commemorative medal served to honour significant contributions and achievements by Canadians. During the year of celebrations, 60 000 deserving Canadians were recognized.

I wonder how many of the 60,000 recognized last year peed in a mop bucket, maybe 2%?

No, I'm not from BC. Are you from BC?

Although I don't care what you think is bannable, no matter how hilarious your assertion is. ("Purposefully invoking Godwin's law?" If I did it by mistake, it would've been okay?) Anyway, I was just making a point about false accusations.

Cbbmtt said:
Shipwreck,

I'm not saying that he's the worst person on the planet, a majority of people I know including myself have done half the things he has done (not saying which ones)  >:D.

He's a young adolescent that needs to grow up a bit. However, on a side note, Bieber has achieved a lot for a Canadian. What, 58,000,000 last year?

At the same time, this commemorative medal served to honour significant contributions and achievements by Canadians. During the year of celebrations, 60 000 deserving Canadians were recognized.

I wonder how many of the 60,000 recognized last year peed in a mop bucket, maybe 2%?

Whelp, if you don't think making millions and singing songs people like is an achievement for a young boy, that's that. Perhaps you can just look on him a little more kindly, and not vilify him for no reason. Also, you're never getting the QDJM revoked unless he murders someone or something.

http://www.nowthisnews.com/news/after-world-tour-pissing-people-justin-bieber-turns-country-his-birth/

It is an endless cycle.....One mistake, sure, people will forgive and forget.  Two mistakes; well  :dunno: .  Constant gaffs....The kid has a problem. 

Now he is a target for ridicule. 

Somehow I think that if I were him, I'd be doing something a lot more fun that playing Vice City and arguing on the internet.

I guess if we use the standard that people in the public eye (soldiers, cops, etc.) should be held to a higher standard because of their visibility, then the Beebs doesn't cut it, no matter how many records sold and Tweeters following.  Like the man said....
George Wallace said:
One mistake, sure, people will forgive and forget.  Two mistakes; well  :dunno: .  Constant gaffs....The kid has a problem. 

Now he is a target for ridicule. 

And just because someone thinks someone else's behaviour could be a bit classier doesn't mean there's a hate on.

Wait wait wait, i just thought of this.

If he made 58,000,000 and he donated 100,000 to a school, that would be like me who made 55,000 donating $93.50.

LOL!

George Wallace said:
Are you the Biebs?

Naaw but I'm betting he's a Belieber.  >:D

I'm just impressed and a little shocked that Beiber knew who Bill Clinton was.

Danjanou said:
I'm just impressed and a little shocked that Beiber knew who Bill Clinton was.

And now Bill Clinton is a Belieber, too.  And it's about time.

Look, Shipwreck - I'm being nicer.

Back