• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

The merged BIEBER thread; for those who feel the need to talk about him.

You can't fool me.  You got the QDJM and want Biebs to lose his so you can impress Selena Gomez.

dapaterson said:
You can't fool me.  You got the QDJM and want Biebs to lose his so you can impress Selena Gomez.
:hellyeah:

3oslhi.jpg

I'm thinking he's just the new Brittany Spears, not quite the Lindsay Lohan, rocked the scene was a role model for young girls and then all of a sudden no panties getting out of a car, shaving her head and hooking up with K FED!

I'm a little ashamed that I know these things, but give a 16 year old a Ferrari and millions of fans and I'm thinking this was coming.

Who does the Duty Celebrity report to?

What are the hours of duty?

Where does the duty celeb sleep/pick up the box lunch?

Are they entitled to a duty vehicle for the duration for their duty? A duty Photo Tech? Duty PAO?

Which Sergeant Major will be handing out the extras to fill the Duty Celebrity list?

Thucydides said:
Who does the Duty Celebrity report to?

What are the hours of duty?

Where does the duty celeb sleep/pick up the box lunch?

Are they entitled to a duty vehicle for the duration for their duty? A duty Photo Tech? Duty PAO?

Which Sergeant Major will be handing out the extras to fill the Duty Celebrity list?

I think it depends on if he is the Battalion Duty Celeb (BDC) or the Garrison Duty Celeb (GDC)

I think a good GDC for Biebs to report to would be someone with woman beating ways of R. Kelly and the Drug Binging of Macaulay Culkin! 

dapaterson said:

I'm already far more impressive and far better behaved than the Biebs.

Gillian Anderson, yes.  Selena Gomez - nah.

I haven't seen any rule or reference for how the crown goes about revoking medals and decorations from Canadian civilians.

For members of the Canadian Forces, it's very straightforward; there are paragraphs and paragraphs in the QR&O describing how our various medals and decorations can be stripped from us.

Similarly, the Constitution of the Order of Canada has a very detailed procedure for removal from the Order, a procedure that gets exercised pretty frequently. The Constitution of the Order of Military Merit describes a simpler procedure for removal.

But for Canadian civilians, how are their medals and decorations removed? If at all? Is there a procedure described in law, or is this done by order-in-council?

Well, posting images calling his sexuality into question surely shows how much more mature you are than him. The QDJM is awarded for: Having made an honourable service in military, police, prison, and emergency forces, or for outstanding achievement or public service. He certainly met the criteria, having forty million twitter followers, being named one of the most powerful celebrities, and topping the charts, making wads of money. That's an outstanding achievement for a teenager. Or anyone.

So, you say it should be revoked. It was made apparent you don't know how to revoke a medal. Harper could probably do it, but there is no reason to. You say it should be revoked because you saw an online video where you can't really tell if it's him. That doesn't matter if your mind is made up about him though. Even if it were him, he is a 19 year old boy. You say he continues to descend into juvenile debauchery? Of course he is, and what Canadian boy doesn't go away from home for the first time at that age and start testing his freedom's limits?

You say he purports to be a role model. I think you meant that you purport him to be a role model. He doesn't have to live up to your standard. Perhaps you could be a role model of a QDJM recipient and try to spread goodwill, not hate.

The way I see Justin Bieber is that he probably doesn't care about the medal as much as you do, which makes revoking it meaningless. As well, people can separate a medal and an individual. I wouldn't worry about people thinking less of you because a boy allegedly pisses in a bucket when he's hammered.

Try being nicer.

Shipwreck said:
Well, posting images calling his sexuality into question surely shows how much more mature you are than him. The QDJM is awarded for: Having made an honourable service in military, police, prison, and emergency forces, or for outstanding achievement or public service. He certainly met the criteria, having forty million twitter followers, being named one of the most powerful celebrities, and topping the charts, making wads of money. That's an outstanding achievement for a teenager. Or anyone.

So, you say it should be revoked. It was made apparent you don't know how to revoke a medal. Harper could probably do it, but there is no reason to. You say it should be revoked because you saw an online video where you can't really tell if it's him. That doesn't matter if your mind is made up about him though. Even if it were him, he is a 19 year old boy. You say he continues to descend into juvenile debauchery? Of course he is, and what Canadian boy doesn't go away from home for the first time at that age and start testing his freedom's limits?

You say he purports to be a role model. I think you meant that you purport him to be a role model. He doesn't have to live up to your standard. Perhaps you could be a role model of a QDJM recipient and try to spread goodwill, not hate.

The way I see Justin Bieber is that he probably doesn't care about the medal as much as you do, which makes revoking it meaningless. As well, people can separate a medal and an individual. I wouldn't worry about people thinking less of you because a boy allegedly pisses in a bucket when he's hammered.

Try being nicer.

Dude sorry if you took offense to some of these pictures, will call it dark soldier humour.  I for one am mildly jealous of Justin Bieber, if only I had a posse of women follow me around!  I want Bieb's problems!  I think I could single handedly solve our coming fertility crisis  ;D

I think Shipwreck did not look at what forum this was posted in.  Radio Chatter..... where all senseless topics are posted for humour and not other credible, informative or educational reasons.

Shipwreck said:
Try being nicer.

Nope.  BTDT - Doesn't work.

Shipwreck said:
Perhaps you could be a role model of a QDJM recipient ....

Just for fun, I'll give it a shot.  Watch this thread for updates.

Haggis said:
Just for fun, I'll give it a shot.  Watch this thread for updates.
I wait with bated breath ....  ;D

Shipwreck said:

Try being nicer.
Twitter followers as a measure of achievement?  Really?  I would imagine that once you start eliminating the bots, that number would drop precipitously anyway.

Now, look at the rest of that list you posted - all of the specific groups mentioned serve the public.  Singing into a microphone isn't service.  The idea behind the award is to recognize those Canadians that represent the best of us (yes, I know that didn't always happen).  A spoiled brat kid who happens to have the looks and voice to make teenage girls swoon doesn't fit into that category for me by a long chalk. 

I don't completely blame the kid, you're a teenage boy who's handed the keys to the world and the people that surround you never say 'no' to you and you are going to go a little nuts.  It's the ongoing pattern of behaviour that is caused by that insanity that doesn't make him the best and brightest of us - regardless of his "achievements".

And if the Order of Canada can be taken away from people for questionable behaviour (Steve Fonyo or Alan Eagleson anyone?), surely a more junior award can be revoked too.

Shipwreck said:
Try being nicer.

Yes Haggis, be nicer.

You can show how nice you are and how much you appreciate the people who clean your office by pissing on their stuff.

Maybe you can even get some twitter followers as a measure of your success.

ObedientiaZelum said:
Yes Haggis, be nicer.

Nope!  You wouldn't recognize me if I was nicer and that would harm our friendship.

ObedientiaZelum said:
You can show how nice you are and how much you appreciate the people who clean your office by pissing on their stuff.

Unlike the much revered, personable and inspiring Biebs, I'd probably get a mop handle to the back of the head.

ObedientiaZelum said:
Maybe you can even get some twitter followers as a measure of your success.

I don't tweet.  And I won't tweet.  Ever.

Back