• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

System Upgrade: Please Report Problems

garb11, the image is hosted here so it may have been an issue with their server. Seems to load OK for me. Might be that the site is blocked by whatever network your PC is connected to (e.g. DWAN), but loads over the unrestricted cell network.

standingdown, I believe this is the thread: https://army.ca/forums/threads/108622.0.html

Another major upgrade this morning, please let me know if there are issues once again. :)

Thanks!
Mike

One "server too busy" lockout at approx 0600 MST.

Win 10 , latest version of Firefox and several security add-ons and so far no problems.

Yeah, we are seeing some performance issues, I'm chasing them down.

I am getting a few ERR_TIMED_OUT messages asying site can't be reached  army.ca took too long to respond. It might be due to my VPN slowing things down.

dangerboy said:
I am getting a few ERR_TIMED_OUT messages asying site can't be reached  army.ca took too long to respond. It might be due to my VPN slowing things down.

Been getting the same... Chrome Version 70.0.3538.77 Windows 10 Ver 1809 OS build 17763.55

Website unable to connect notification or timing out. iPhone, safari, wi-fi & LTE.
(This login went smoothly, the last unsuccessful login attempt was approximately 1530 EST)

dangerboy said:

Same here Saturday afternoon on Win10/Chrome. Fine today.

:cheers:

It won’t keep me logged in on a IPhone. I have to re-log in each time I visit.

Hey Mike, still having problems at least once a day getting onto the site. Both from work PC & iPhone

BeyondTheNow said:
Hey Mike, still having problems at least once a day getting onto the site. Both from work PC & iPhone

Same kinda - I always get on but sometimes during the middle I get a "site unavailable".

:cheers:

I-phone drops me after changing the page...I can go back 30 secs later and have to log in again.....

Cheers
Larry

Larry Strong said:
I-phone drops me after changing the page...I can go back 30 secs later and have to log in again.....

Cheers
Larry

Hmm....a pinball site I frequent just had those same problems.  It was a DNS attack from China

Bruce Monkhouse said:
Hmm....a pinball site I frequent just had those same problems.  It was a DNS attack from China

Ok, the computer neophyte in me asks......is this coming from my end, or yours.........

Cheers
Larry

Been hard to get on this site... seems that the site gets less reliable as the upgrades go on (although other posts indicate a coincidental DNS attack).  Hiding it being a cloud DNS service (like CloudFlare) might assist with this.  If it is slow I am going to try and kick my DNS over to 1.1.1.1 and see what happens.

I use 8.8.8.8 for DNS (Google) and have no problems.

When at work, I can't select my own DNS, and occasionally have access issues to multiple sites, not just army.ca.

Lots of "site can't be reached" errors today on Chrome and win 10.

I had problems trying to access army.ca this afternoon. At first I got a box saying about not being able to access system and that it was a "Database Error."

Closed my browser (Firefox) and tried again. Got a white field saying "Connection timed out" and a message at the bottom saying "Performing a TLS handshake with army.ca" then "Timed out."

Waited a minute or so and tried again and everything loaded no problems.

I was getting "database error" for quite the while. I used another browser and accessed the site without logging in and I could view the posts. I came back to the logged in browser and it gave me "database error" again.

Back