• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

System Upgrade: Please Report Problems

Hopefully green across the board as of today. If you still have issues please let me know! (Somehow...)

Hi Mike,

As far as I’m aware you haven’t been doing any work/upgrading on the server lately, but figured I’d still report here in case anyone is experiencing the same.

The past approx 5 weeks has seen me getting the attached error with increased frequency when logging in or out, or both. There doesn’t seem to be a consistent pattern of time of day, work or home, or wifi or not. But sometimes it’s been taking quite a few tries to log in. (It doesn’t bother me, really, when logging out.)

Attachments

• EB5F3F9F-4820-460E-B4C4-B3C283A822FD.jpeg
    EB5F3F9F-4820-460E-B4C4-B3C283A822FD.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 190
That message usually appears when you have multiple tabs open doing multiple things at once.

For example if I'm drafting a post, and then open up a new tab to browse the forums, I'm likely to get that message.

Mike Bobbitt said:
That message usually appears when you have multiple tabs open doing multiple things at once.

For example if I'm drafting a post, and then open up a new tab to browse the forums, I'm likely to get that message.

Ah ok, thanks. Is there a possibility private browsing could be the culprit where mobile is concerned? Multiple windows, apps, tabs, or otherwise trying to do multiple things at once isn’t taking place when I’m on my phone. (I’m one of those people who does everything possible to save battery life, so closes things completely when done.)

I get it more frequently on my cell than at work on the PC, but I can see that being more of a problem at work when I have multiple programs and a few tabs open.

Yeah, incognito/private browsing may also cause that issue in some cases.

Good news folks, I moved us to a new, improved database server, and pre-paid the next 3 years. Performance should be a bit better now, and as always if you have any issues just let me know.

Cheers
Mike

Hi Mike,

There seems to be a lot of "...cannot connect to the server..." and "...server busy..." messages the past couple of days, both from work and home, as well as the search error.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7 KB · Views: 133
BeyondTheNow said:
Hi Mike,

There seems to be a lot of "...cannot connect to the server..." and "...server busy..." messages the past couple of days, both from work and home, as well as the search error.

Ditto for yesterday.

WR

Thanks, I'll do some digging and see what I can find.

Mike, I'm getting very delayed TapaTalk notifications.  For example, I got an email alert of a PM at 1800, but the TapaTalk notification just came in now.  (I'm assuming it's an issue with the backend and not my phone.)

dapaterson said:
Mike, I'm getting very delayed TapaTalk notifications.  For example, I got an email alert of a PM at 1800, but the TapaTalk notification just came in now.  (I'm assuming it's an issue with the backend and not my phone.)

Just upgraded the Tapatalk API here - it was a minor upgrade from 4.5.1 to 4.5.2, so it may not have any effect, but let me know if it makes things better/worse/no change.

Cheers
Mike

Folks,

Replaced the SSL/TLS certificates with a new breed, should be no issues but let me know if you have any troubles.

Cheers
Mike

Unable to access the site from my iphone using either google or safari, it tells me I am banned. When I try to log in it tells me my user name does not exist. On laptop and ipad all appears to be business as usual.

I couldn't log on 0500-0600 ET.  I just got the generic "Site not available."

I was just able to login on my phone after getting the site unavailable earlier. Looks like it self resolved.

In Desktop View, don't see the two "Show updated posts since your last visit" and "View latest replies to your posts" search options in the upper menu.  Do see them in the Mobile View upper-right menu drop down list.  Not sure if a glitch on my my own machine.

Cheers
G2G

Folks, we have been having some intermittent issues with the site crashing a few times throughout the day. I have performed a major OS upgrade on the server, please let me know if you see any issues. Hopefully this will resolve the crashing issue. (And not introduce some other issue!)

Glad to see the site back up - I was undergoing withdrawal symptoms.

Couldn't even TRACERT earlier this evening...

Folks,

Sorry about the site issues, we encountered severe performance issues of an unknown source. It did not appear to be related to a spike in site traffic, but most likely a server software or configuration issue. I have upgraded the server and refreshed all software packages to see if this will resolve the issue. As I'm typing this, the server's performance is creeping up once again, so I am not convinced the issue is resolved. I may have to rebuild the server from scratch, but don't likely have the time to do so today. Will keep you updated as I learn more.

Cheers
Mike

Back