• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

System Upgrade: Please Report Problems

I'll double check the code. Subscribers should not be seeing ads, but it seems like some/all still are.  ???

Mike Bobbitt said:
I'll double check the code. Subscribers should not be seeing ads, but it seems like some/all still are.  ???

Here are a few examples if it helps...just a couple of different threads/pages while logged in, as well as very large ads underneath the main body which I didn’t snapshot.

Attachments

• 2C0E91CC-D4ED-4BCD-AF24-41A4B7586AFC.png
    2C0E91CC-D4ED-4BCD-AF24-41A4B7586AFC.png
    568.9 KB · Views: 257
  • 42DEF865-E9CE-453E-B3BF-2C7F274E8CC9.png
    42DEF865-E9CE-453E-B3BF-2C7F274E8CC9.png
    178.3 KB · Views: 259
  • CBD042A3-56B4-495E-B353-B9E935328EA2.png
    CBD042A3-56B4-495E-B353-B9E935328EA2.png
    478.7 KB · Views: 253
When I access the site at home (Windows 10 + Google Chrome) I don't see any ads, however if I access the site on the DWAN I get the ads.

For the past 9 days, I've had ads:
- top of all pages, on my laptop
- top and bottom of my smartphone and tablet

Getting them on my cellphone both in Google Chrome and Samsung internet.

I think the system knows I am single and wants to change that as I am getting this ad a lot

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 245
Ok,

I'm a paying member.
There's not even an election. Do we need political advertisements?  :rofl:

Attachments

• Ads.png
    Ads.png
    216.2 KB · Views: 239
Fixed, subscribers no longer see ads. Sorry for the confusion!

A glitch I get every once in a while: if I click on "show unread posts" nothing come up but if I click on "show new replies to your posts" I get the list of new replies to topics I've posted in.  Kind of weird...  ???

Mike, just a quick comment. Notwithstanding the above discussion about ads, I've been very impressed with how well the site has been working since you did your magic a while ago. Just some positive feedback.

Thanks OldTanker! I can certainly remember a time - not that long ago - when we were seeing near daily issues with server stability and access. Not so any more, I am happy to say!

And yes, Fate has been officially Tempted. :)

Cheers
Mike

Database upgrade complete, please report any problems.

Cheers
Mike

Another day, another server upgrade. Please report any issues. Working on the weird text at the top of every page right now...

I posted a request to have the Adam Picard thread unlocked and it seems to have vanished. Server issues, Mike?

Cyber is a strange domain.

SD

Back