• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

System Upgrade: Please Report Problems

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /milpoints/assess.php on this server.

Still broken...

URL was http://army.ca/milpoints/assess.php?msg=1413065

Microsoft Edge has problems:

One problem that I have found is the emoticons.  To use them if you are using Edge, you need to copy the link to the emoticon and then type [ img ] before the link, the link [ https://army.ca/forums/Smileys/Armyca/helmetashamed.gif ] and then  [ /img ] after the link to get
helmetashamed.gif

It will not accept you simply clicking on the emoticon that you wish to use.

It also has problems with quotes:

It has problems with a post that has a quote within a quote which has an affect that seems to be that "two negatives cancel each other out".  This will leave an affect where when you quote that reply, it will include part of the quoted posts within the reply.

It may be because I am outside of Canada right now and mostly using a VPN but I am getting a lot of "Connection Problems, SMF unable to connect to database" errors. This has been happening the last couple of days.

dangerboy said:
It may be because I am outside of Canada right now and mostly using a VPN but I am getting a lot of "Connection Problems, SMF unable to connect to database" errors. This has been happening the last couple of days.

Same here.

It's a server side issue, nothing to do with VPN usage. We are getting a lot of traffic from unexpected locations, so I am adding a bit more security.

Sorry about the outage... took some drastic steps to lock things down and upgraded a variety of security tools. Please let me know if there are issues.

Changes this morning increased security, but apparently not performance. I will continue to investigate.

Great time to remind everyone that subscribing or donating helps with all of this.

Took nearly 4 hours to get in today from overseas. SMP errors or just hanging up at the home page.

Some database tweaks and updates this morning, let's see if it helps. Or hurts. :)

recceguy said:
Thank god for small miracles, eh George.  :rofl:

Thanks RG.....then I got this right after your post:

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Some database tweaks and updates this morning, let's see if it helps. Or hurts. :)

I've had quick reactions and no problems for the past 24 hours+, Mike ... that was after a few days of slow actions and only intermittent access, as other have reported. (Using Chrome on a Mac (OSX) all up to date.)

George Wallace said:
This is the first time I have been able to connect in two days.

First successful log-in in 3 days for me, I am glad to be able to catch up on the threads. 

Back