• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier Operational Clothing and Equipment Modernization

Not sure what you’re holding in shirt/pants pockets now aside from wallet, phone, and headdress. The old combat shirt pockets were designed for FNC1 mags but doubt anyone puts mags in them.
I don't know. Just an outsider looking in. Most police services have moved to load-bearing vests to carry a lot of the kit and still the pants pockets seem to be full of stuff. With a vest, shirt pockets are of little use.

Personally I don't like carrying items in my pant pockets when in the field as it just rubs against the legs. I much prefer items in a pack or pouch. The most I may have is a map or maybe something soft like a pair of gloves.

Personally I don't like carrying items in my pant pockets when in the field as it just rubs against the legs. I much prefer items in a pack or pouch. The most I may have is a map or maybe something soft like a pair of gloves.
Minor question:

I noticed that the (dumb) forearm pen pockets are gone. Are they gone on the legs too? Is there a pen pocket in the upper arm sleeve pocket?

Minor question:

I noticed that the (dumb) forearm pen pockets are gone. Are they gone on the legs too? Is there a pen pocket in the upper arm sleeve pocket?
They are gone in the pants and the upper sleeve pocket doesn't have a pen pocket. I am just putting my pen and notepad loose in the chest pocket.

They are gone in the pants and the upper sleeve pocket doesn't have a pen pocket. I am just putting my pen and notepad loose in the chest pocket.
I’ve seen these and they’re kinda genius. They just Velcro onto the sleeve…er…Velcro.

Upper pen pocket was useless anyways due to the orientation. Had to be a contortionist to use it.

Upper pen pocket was useless anyways due to the orientation. Had to be a contortionist to use it.
…maybe?

From what I recall, it’s essentially in the same location as US flight suits, and I haven’t heard of anyone complaining about it except left-handers, because the pocket is on the left upper sleeve.

True, but CADPAT didn't have the inner pocket sleeves for magazines.

When we had the 1964 pattern web gear we put C1 magazines in the pockets because there was no other place for them. And, it sucked.
Wait ...you had magazines ... plural. Lucky baste*d

DICE helmet been used in Latvia. Per the Army instruction mechanized troops are part of the roll out, or will be once it expands. They’re frankly excellent. ISSP kit also worn, with the vests that have seen limited issue. Nice to see us looking relatively modern.

Attachments

• IMG_2199.jpeg
    IMG_2199.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 48
Back