• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Soldier Operational Clothing and Equipment Modernization

That is the TRIAL version of the Army's new Canadian Combat Uniform Ensemble (CCUE). Because it is a trial uniform it is in brown the final version WILL NOT BE BROWN, it will be CADPAT MT (Multi-Terrain). The army has tested the camouflage pattern and now they are testing the fit and function of the uniform. How well do you like the pockets, do the zippers work, how does it fit in the crotch....
Yes. That is what the rep told me as well.

Yes. That is what the rep told me as well.
That could have been me as I was one of two military pers wearing the uniform at DSSPM's display. :D

We had a civilian DND employee wearing the maternity cut of the uniform as well.

That could have been me as I was one of two military pers wearing the uniform at DSSPM's display. :D

We had a civilian DND employee wearing the maternity cut of the uniform as well.
I was wearing civilian clothing. I was with a skinny NWO 2 1/2. Shut up Paterson.

Having a few different cuts of uniforms for differently proportioned men and women is such an awesome move by the CAF.

Now if we can just make all the kit the same colour..

Having a few different cuts of uniforms for differently proportioned men and women is such an awesome move by the CAF.

Now if we can just make all the kit the same colour..
It's only 30+ years since women were admitted to all occupations less RC Chaplain and Submarines. Finally getting clothing that fits better is good, but long overdue.

That new CCUE reminds me of some old French F2 BDUs somehow.

Less Velcro is also good.
Somehow I think the production versions will have the same amount of Velcro as the current ones. They just didn’t bother to put them on the trial brown uniforms.

The cut looks good though - if they have an FR version like the NECU, it would work for aircrew with few (if any) changes. The one change I could see is a zipper front instead of buttons (although it maybe a zipper - I can’t tell from the pictures).

Somehow I think the production versions will have the same amount of Velcro as the current ones. They just didn’t bother to put them on the trial brown uniforms.

The cut looks good though - if they have an FR version like the NECU, it would work for aircrew with few (if any) changes. The one change I could see is a zipper front instead of buttons (although it maybe a zipper - I can’t tell from the pictures).
The current CCUE shirt is buttons. FOCE (Flying Operational Clothing Ensemble) will be very similar with changes to ensure it conforms to flight safety, such as a zipper if required (I am not aware if it is or not).

The cut doesn't look all that 'roomy', and neither do the pockets.

The current CCUE shirt is buttons. FOCE (Flying Operational Clothing Ensemble) will be very similar with changes to ensure it conforms to flight safety, such as a zipper if required (I am not aware if it is or not).
Cbs GIF

I’m not sure if a zipper is required for FS, but it does make it quicker to put on and take off. The FS aspect is more for fire retardant materials and anti-static properties.

The cut doesn't look all that 'roomy', and neither do the pockets.
It shouldn’t be roomy though. It shouldn’t be skin-tight, but it shouldn’t be like a freaking sail which is what some folks’ CADPAT uniforms look like because they’re sized in 4” increments.

CCUE and the upcoming CADPAT MT are in 2” increments so people like me who are in between the current sizing increments don’t have to pick between “too tight” and “too loose”.

Cbs GIF

I’m not sure if a zipper is required for FS, but it does make it quicker to put on and take off. The FS aspect is more for fire retardant materials and anti-static properties.

It shouldn’t be roomy though. It shouldn’t be skin-tight, but it shouldn’t be like a freaking sail which is what some folks’ CADPAT uniforms look like because they’re sized in 4” increments.

CCUE and the upcoming CADPAT MT are in 2” increments so people like me who are in between the current sizing increments don’t have to pick between “too tight” and “too loose”.
Perhaps, but it seems there is some space between 'sail-like' and 'fitted'. These look closer to skinny jeans rather than regular cut.

The pockets don't look like they would have space to hold much, which is kinda their point isn't it.

Perhaps, but it seems there is some space between 'sail-like' and 'fitted'. These look closer to skinny jeans rather than regular cut.

The pockets don't look like they would have space to hold much, which is kinda their point isn't it.
Not sure what you’re holding in shirt/pants pockets now aside from wallet, phone, and headdress. The old combat shirt pockets were designed for FNC1 mags but doubt anyone puts mags in them.

Not sure what you’re holding in shirt/pants pockets now aside from wallet, phone, and headdress. The old combat shirt pockets were designed for FNC1 mags but doubt anyone puts mags in them.

Need I remind you that CADPAT was initially designed with the same pockets, even though the C1 was not in service.

1709956515990.png

Need I remind you that CADPAT was initially designed with the same pockets, even though the C1 was not in service.

View attachment 83622
I know, but is it needed now? If you’re using weapons, you’re likely wearing some sort of vest and system to hold mags. You’re not putting mags in those pockets if you’re wearing a vest, so having big pockets on the shirt doesn’t make a ton of sense anymore.

Related, a closer-fitting shirt would be better underneath a vest as well.

A version of the US operational uniform (not the OTW shirt - just the combat shirt) doesn’t even have the chest pockets anymore - the only pockets on that version are the sleeve ones. None of their operational uniforms have the lower shirt pockets.

Back