• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"So You Want To Be A Pilot" Merged Thread 2002 - 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
davidc538 said:
I can subtract but the sims in the picture don't look like they could be 15 years old

What does the age of the simulators (that really only test your ability to learn, not how you actually fly airplanes) have any bearing on the selection process?  Nothing to get worked up over.

Dude, you haven't even done your aptitude or preliminary medical testing yet...I'd worry about getting by that first, since that's where most folks "crash and burn".

MM

CDN Aviator said:
You're just f*****g with me aren't you ?

You ask questions and don't believe the answer no matter what ?

no no I believe you I just could sworn those machines were fairly new. Now that I notice the old school CRT monitors sticking out the windows I know better.

medicineman said:
Dude, you haven't even done your aptitude or preliminary medical testing yet...I'd worry about getting by that first, since that's where most folks "crash and burn".

MM

Thanks for the advice, I've already gone through this http://cdn.forces.ca/_PDF2010/preparing_for_aptitude_test_en.pdf and found it to be very easy. Will the real aptitude test be longer? and do they let you use a calculator?

Also is there anything one can do to prepare for a medical?

davidc538 said:
no no I believe you I just could sworn those machines were fairly new.

Don't be fooled by the snazzy paint job.

They make failed candidates sand them down by hand and repaint them before they are allowed to leave.

Could be worse, you could be flying this

VGAT.jpg

Turn to the lighthouse!  Turn to the boat!!

"turn to the battleship"

Thanks for the pic SF2...

davidc538 said:
Thanks for the advice, I've already gone through this http://cdn.forces.ca/_PDF2010/preparing_for_aptitude_test_en.pdf and found it to be very easy. Will the real aptitude test be longer? and do they let you use a calculator?

The real aptitude test is exactly the same as the practice one you just did, the only difference is that every question is written in Braille and you have to answer in Cantonese.
Don't sweat it, there really isn't much to it.

Seriously, do a little bit of research. Everything you asked on this thread has been answered several times in other threads. The search function might help you.

trampbike said:
Seriously, do a little bit of research. Everything you asked on this thread has been answered several times in other threads. The search function might help you.

Might I add,
Ditching the old "spoon-fed" high school "ask and you shall receive" technique may be of use to you in the future.  If it weren't for digging around, I would have lacked some fairly important knowledge and skills going into my interview and CAPSS. This would have ultimately made me less competitive for selection in a very competitive trade.

davidc538 said:
no no I believe you I just could sworn those machines were fairly new. Now that I notice the old school CRT monitors sticking out the windows I know

Now they have LCD monitors but it change nothing because you don't need it until the final exercice and believe me my old school '88 monitor can handle it haha (Those who got there will understand me lol)

nic32 said:
Now they have LCD monitors but it change nothing because you don't need it until the final exercice and believe me my old school '88 monitor can handle it haha (Those who got there will understand me lol)

Man, yeah I was half expecting oldschool Pong to pop up as the "Extra challenge" level... haha

So recently most of us on the merit list were told that DEO pilot positions are finished for the year. I'm curious as to whether people are still being processed since it will mean more candidates (and therefore more competition) when/if spots open up in April. Are there any DEO pilot dandidates that are still moving forward with their processing at the moment? If so, what stage are you at?

I am currently waiting for my medical test results and will be able to tell you next week if I can still move foward in the process this year.

I'm still awaiting my medical results and will be having my interview done within the next few weeks. Although, I'm also speaking as an internal component transfer to Pilot and not off the street.

I'm an ROTP applicant for pilot at the moment. Doesn't seem to be moving very quickly.

DEO candidate too! I just transmit my medical results to the Recruiting Center. I've already passed the interview. I should proceed to ASC soon.

Last edit : Grammar corrections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back