• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Advice/Am I good enough for RMC?

southkevins

Inactive
Reaction score
I know this question is very repetitive and asked a lot but I still wanted to hear from other people on if I'm good enough to be enrolled into RMC. If anybody is currently enrolled in an ROTP or RMC program, tips would be greatly appreciated.
I am going to be applying for the trade of Pilot through the ROTP program this upcoming September, and I don't know yet what to hope/take for a major. I am currently in Grade 11 and turning into Grade 12 this September, my attributes are as followed.
Grades:
Grade 10 - 93% average with 98% in both Math and Science.
Grade 11 - 86% average with 92% in Applied Math, 81% in Physics, and 80% in Chemistry. (I live in Manitoba, and I heard that for engineering the academic requirement for Manitoba is Pre-Calculus 40s is required so I am planning on taking it in grade 12, followed by Pre-Cal 30s in the first semester, and Pre-Cal 40s in the second semester.)
Sports:
Competitive Soccer Divison 1 since (2019-2023) (Provincial Team)
Work Experience:
Ref - Soccer
Extracurriculars :
Air Cadets since (2018-Current) A Senior Cadet in the rank of FSGT
Volunteer Work:
Food Bank (5-15 hrs a week)

I feel somewhat pleased but also want to make sure I have the best possible chance, if anybody has any tips or advice for things I can do better or just things about RMC/ROTP, they would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I never went to RMC (did the civie uni route) but I don't think this is a question of 'am i good enough' it comes down to your attitude, yes there are academic 'minimums' that I am not sure on.

did you have a chance to apply for a flying scholarship? I know the summer programs were suspended for the past years do the Covid...

If some random guy tells you that you aren’t good enough, are you going to give up?

Because if this is important to you, then you have to try.

You know you have good marks. You know they could be better (they always can, unless you’re perfect). Do your best, and apply. Let your air cadet “career” give you experiences and qualifications that not only look good, but which are also things you want to do.

And what if RMC doesn’t take you? You gonna let some bulls*t setback stop you? No. Push for what you want, apply to a university, apply to the military direct in other ways.

You can’t always get what you want, but if you improvise, adapt and overcome, you may find, you’ll get what you need. (Happy Birthday Mick).

But yes, having good marks and well-rounded extracurriculars will stand you in good stead.

I know this question is very repetitive and asked a lot but I still wanted to hear from other people on if I'm good enough to be enrolled into RMC. If anybody is currently enrolled in an ROTP or RMC program, tips would be greatly appreciated.
I am going to be applying for the trade of Pilot through the ROTP program this upcoming September, and I don't know yet what to hope/take for a major. I am currently in Grade 11 and turning into Grade 12 this September, my attributes are as followed.
Grades:
Grade 10 - 93% average with 98% in both Math and Science.
Grade 11 - 86% average with 92% in Applied Math, 81% in Physics, and 80% in Chemistry. (I live in Manitoba, and I heard that for engineering the academic requirement for Manitoba is Pre-Calculus 40s is required so I am planning on taking it in grade 12, followed by Pre-Cal 30s in the first semester, and Pre-Cal 40s in the second semester.)
Sports:
Competitive Soccer Divison 1 since (2019-2023) (Provincial Team)
Work Experience:
Ref - Soccer
Extracurriculars :
Air Cadets since (2018-Current) A Senior Cadet in the rank of FSGT
Volunteer Work:
Food Bank (5-15 hrs a week)

I feel somewhat pleased but also want to make sure I have the best possible chance, if anybody has any tips or advice for things I can do better or just things about RMC/ROTP, they would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.
Study for your aptitude test (CFAT), it will have more impact on whether or not you are selected than anything else. Doing the practice test on Forces.ca then studying all related math skills is a good start... aim for a perfect score if you want to be a pilot.

Also, if you're a rather good soccer player, consider reaching out to RMC's varsity soccer coach (contact info should be on the RMC website) to state you're applying to RMC and interested in being a varsity athlete... typically, the varsity coaches are able to put extra influence on some of the files when it comes to selections.

I never went to RMC (did the civie uni route) but I don't think this is a question of 'am i good enough' it comes down to your attitude, yes there are academic 'minimums' that I am not sure on.

did you have a chance to apply for a flying scholarship? I know the summer programs were suspended for the past years do the Covid...
Unfortunately, I haven't I was thinking of waiting a year and applying for the flying scholarship through the summer program, but I figured that it'd be a better shot for me to apply directly to RMC. Also Thank you so much for your response, I really really appreciate it.

If some random guy tells you that you aren’t good enough, are you going to give up?

You know you have good marks. You know they could be better (they always can, unless you’re perfect). Do your best, and apply. Let your air cadet “career” give you experiences and qualifications that not only look good, but which are also things you want to do.

And what if RMC doesn’t take you? You gonna let some bulls*t setback stop you? No. Push for what you want, apply to a university, apply to the military direct in other ways.

You can’t always get what you want, but if you improvise, adapt and overcome, you may find, you’ll get what you need. (Happy Birthday Mick).

But yes, having good marks and well-rounded extracurriculars will stand you in good stead.
Thank you so much for your response, I'll try my best and consider every route possible and as you said to try my best with no regrets. I really really appreciate your response.

Study for your aptitude test (CFAT), it will have more impact on whether or not you are selected than anything else. Doing the practice test on Forces.ca then studying all related math skills is a good start... aim for a perfect score if you want to be a pilot.

Also, if you're a rather good soccer player, consider reaching out to RMC's varsity soccer coach (contact info should be on the RMC website) to state you're applying to RMC and interested in being a varsity athlete... typically, the varsity coaches are able to put extra influence on some of the files when it comes to selections.
Thank you so so much. If I can get into RMC as an athlete that'd be also perfect, once again thank you so much for your response.

Jason Sudeikis Yes GIF by Apple TV+

Back